A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I noticed there are numerous references to the number sixteen in Young Justice including:
-a 16 member justice league
-from reports this is an Earth 16
-Miss Martian is 16 in Martian Years
-Connor is 16 weeks
Is this some sort of in-joke on the part of the crew or is there a much deeper reason?
Two questions about Young Justice:
1. When rumors of a Young Justice cartoon first began to appear online the roster was said to include(going off memory here)"Nightwing,Martian Girl, and Impulse". Was this simply a mistake/rumor or did the roster undergo some changes?
2. Somewhat related to the first question. I was suprised(though not upset)to learn that it would be Dick Grayson and Wally West in the show rather than Tim Drake and Bart Allen. It made sense once I read that this is a young DC Universe. Was the plan always to start in the early days and see the DCU evolve?
1. Mistake and rumor. I assume "Nightwing, Martian Girl, and Impulse" was someone's error for "Robin (Dick Grayson), Miss Martian (M'gann M'orzz) and Kid Flash (Wally West)". Our roster has been the same pretty much from day one.
2. The plan was always to start in the (relatively) early days and go from there.
Hi. First, I heard about what happened to the Spectacular Spider-Man. I'm sorry you didn't have a chance to do all the things you wanted to do. I would have loved to see stories Venom vs. Carnage, Harry Osborn as the New Green Goblin, the Hobgoblin, the deaths of Gwen Stacy and Harry Osborn or a shortened version of the Clone Saga or the return of Norman Osborn. Ah, well, so much for possibilities.
Anyway, I'd like to ask about Young Justice:
1) Will you be adapting Young Justice or Teen Titans storylines (i.e., Young Justice: A World without Grown-Ups)?
2) I heard that Red Arrow (or at least, the Roy Harper before Cry for Justice and "Rise" of Arsenal, which I don't know if you've heard of) and Tempest will show up. Any other Titans or Young Justice characters that will show up as the show progresses?
1. You'll have to wait and see.
1) Since Red Tornado is present in the Young Justice Cartoon, will he have the mentor role that he had in the comic book? Will we also see his human family?
2) Will there be more racial diversity down the line for the team or is Aqualad it?
1b. You'll have to wait and see.
2. There's more racial diversity than just Aqualad already, but, yes...
I'm a big fan. I work in South Korea teaching English and I thought you would be interested in your creations' progress over here.
I did some research on the internet and Gargoyles: The Movie and some season 1 episodes were released on VHS over here. What a collector's item those would be? The official translated name of the show is "Champion Goliath", but happily enough online Korean fans just call it "Gargoyles."
Channel surfing, I did see The Spectacular Spider-Man on the cartoon channel, 5:30, Saturday morning. That's actually a good time, since Korean children have Saturday school and 5:30am would be just the right time they're waking up.
Keep up the good work and hopefully I'll see Young Justice in Korea.
Very cool! Thanks, Richard.
Hey, Greg! Long time, no see!
Sorry to hear about Spectacular Spider-Man - well, actually, I'm more sorry for myself, but that's beside the point. It was a great 26 episodes, and it will always be remembered as what is quite possibly the greatest adaptation of Spider-Man since The Man created our web-slinger!
That said, I'm very excited about the Young Justice series! Though I have some knowledge of the DC universe (mainly through Bruce Timm's various adaptations), I'm not familiar with any of these characters (aside from Robin, of course), and can't wait to see what you do with it! I'm particularly intrigued by your recent comment that this is a series in which not everyone will make it.... Didn't see that coming. :D
Well, this is more of a eulogy/praise/appreciation comment, but I do have one quick question: Which Robin are you using in the series? (Sorry if it's been answered before - I didn't notice anything, though.)
Thanks, Greg! I look forward to your next series!
A young Dick Grayson.
Any epic story arcs planned for Young Justice like you did in Spider-Man?
1)A question about the Justice League in Young Justice, why are there two Green Lanterns on it?
2)Does the Superboy have Tactile Telekinesis like the one in the comics?
1. It's a powerful organization. And they're both tremendous heroes.
2. You'll have to wait and see.
For Young Justice, were there any restrictions to the dc universe characters that you could use (aside from Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl)? Is there anything like the Bat-embargo that JLU had?
Wonder Woman IS in the series. She was never off limits.
There is a VERY small handful of characters that we aren't allowed to use in Season One. (And by handful, I mean I could count them on one hand.) The list WAS longer when we first developed the series and broke down the first season, but it's grown shorter since.
But I should make the point that (a) we already have a metric ton of DC Universe characters appearing in Season One and (b) 98% of the decisions as to who would and wouldn't appear were CREATIVE decisions made by Brandon Vietti and myself. Some characters aren't appearing in Season One, because creatively we felt they didn't belong there -- having nothing to do with any external restrictions.
So some characters that will not appear in Season One, may appear in Season Two (if in success we get a pick-up), either because now we CAN use them or because that's where we ALWAYS wanted them from day one ... or both.
So, you are one of the producers of "Young Justice". Does that mean you'll write the scripts that be produced into episodes or do you have a different job?
Part of my job is writing scripts. I've written four already and will probably write two more in the first season.
I'm also the story editor for all 26 scripts.
I'm also one of two producers on the show, so I at least comment on pretty much every aspect of production.