A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. How old is Lori Lemaris? (P.S. I love her look, very unconventional for a mermaid in an awesome way. Hope to see her in future episodes! P.P.S. Not a backdoor spoiler request.)
2. How old is Iris Allen?
1. Lori Lemaris is fifteen.
2. Iris Allen-West is twenty-nine.
What was the exact date robin's parents died?
April 1st, 2006.
quick question about the timestamps for Alpha Male. I may be looking at this wrong, but shouldn't the timestamp for Fawcett City read September 23 instead of September 24? Because it's either that or the team's mission took a lot longer than I thought.
I stand by that one.
1.) Why doesn't Superman have super breath in this series?
2.) How strong is Captain Marvel? Is his strength in the same league as Superman's?
3.) How durable is Captain Marvel? I ask because it was hinted in "Alpha Male" that a laser that could cut through steel could cut through him.
1. It's a power that has NEVER made any sense to me. The VOLUME of Superman's lungs is no larger than a human's. I don't care how powerful he is, he just can't take in enough air to make his breath worthwhile. And the notion that he can super-freeze that air makes even less sense to me.
2. He's strong. He's in the ballpark of Superman, but neither are probably as strong on YJ as they've grown to become in the comics.
3. Brain never got the chance to test that theory.
Dear Mr. Weisman:
Hope all is well. I enjoyed Gargoyles when I was growing up, and I felt compelled to write you after reading through all 647 comments on the Young Justice archive.
I LOVE Young Justiceâ"not like but LOVEâ"and when I read a comment that this show is the one with most negative comments, I wanted to tip the scales. I liked JLU and B:BATB, but YJ is the first show I truly believe took the mythos of the DCU and not only created a show that was true to these roots but still made a unique premise. Itâs familiar and new at the same time, true to everything that makes the DCU great. Iâve downloaded all the episodes from iTunes onto my phone, and I listen to them as I load contracts. XD!
I really love how the show focuses on the teenagers but doesnât ignore the adults (like TT). Characters on the show have never been ignored. When you focus on Wally or Dick or Artemis, you still have the others play significant roles in the episode, and the cameos are AMAZING! From Barabara Gordon to Jay Garrick, youâve forgotten no one, and youâve used almost everyone! I try to keep a tally, always adding new ones. I know itâs been said 135 people through the first sixteen episodes, so Iâm trying to find all the characters.
A few random thoughts:
1. Love Dickâs word play. I actually have started looking up words and their meanings, like âtraught.â Itâs really cool to see the root words! (My momâs an English teacher, so it works well with her classes, too.)
2. Maybe I missed it, but I didnât see in the show/comic where Wally knows Dickâs real name, so I liked being able to read that in the archives.
3. Kaldur and Garth were awesome! I loved how the show gave us an in-depth look at Atlantis and how it is the same and different in the mainstream DCU. (I love Kaldur, too, and I like his role as a leader. It makes sense that he would be in charge rather than the young Robin, and Kaldur leads the Team awesomely!) I know youâve said that Garth is Kaldurâs best friend, so I hope we see more of him on the show eventually. (Not a back door spoiler request. XD! Just hope he comes back.)
4. I originally thought the Light was Lex Luthor, but I like that itâs seven people. It makes us wonder who they are. Same with the traitor plot thatâs now coming out. I donât think itâs Red Tornado since he didnât turn until after the other robots came back online, but I like that there isnât someone we really know is the traitor. Iâve spoken with watchers in my LCS, and all of us have different people we think it is. XD!
Thanks for putting out such a great show, and I appreciate these archives and your willingness to answer questions. I actually wonât ask anything because Iâm sure anything I would, would either receive a âno commentâ or âspoiler request,â so Iâll just end with this:
Good luck to the show. I hope it runs for many seasons and I get a higher paying job, so I can continue to buy the episodes off of iTunes for my phone.
Devin Leigh Michaels
As I've mentioned before, most of the negativity has toned way down this round. But POSITIVITY is always nice! ;)
Did Artemis's sister love her? Or her mother?
1. Depends on how one defines "love".
2. Are you asking if Jade loved Paula or if Paula loved Artemis?
I looked through the archives for this but couldn't find it. Apologies if my search wasn't thorough enough!
In "Bereft" (which is quite possibly my favorite episode thus far), the Biyalan troops immediately open fire on Wally and Artemis with what seems to be lethal force. But when they ambush Robin, the orders are to take him alive. Is this just a case of different troops operating under different orders? Or is there some significance to the fact that they wanted Robin alive?
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer the questions of curious fans! Love the show(s)!
"Different troops operating under different orders" sounds right.
Is Mayor Hill corrupt?
He says he's not.
1. Why did Clark Kent decide to become superman and did bruce became batman cause of superman.
2. Why did the Crismon Avenger started the whole mystery men craze and who was the last mystery men to appear in the public?
1. The usual reasons.
1a. Not because of Superman, though I believe Superman's existence was a factor.
2. The usual reasons.
Does superman have the fortress of solitude in the YJ universe?
1 is L-1 the leader of the Light?
2 does the new Green Lantern cartoon take place in your universe?
1. First among equals.
2. Not that I know of.
Thanks very much for all the hard work and dedication you and your team give to Young Justice. It's truly an ace show and I can't wait to see what sort of adventures you have in store for your fans.
My question is comic-related. Are there any plans thus far to release a trade paperback of all the issues from season one? Unfortunately, all my local stores are sold out (I've even been told that DC Comics itself is out of the first couple issues). I'd love to read the undoubtedly genius story lines you've come up with and am starting to get a bit nervous that I've missed the boat... Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Um... we're talking the YJ comic, correct?
The answer is, yes, I believe DC is releasing trades of the first year or so...
Hi Greg, just wanted to send in myu review of "Alpha Male";
Wow, that was a great episode! That was sincerely the first time I've enjoyed seeing Monsieur Mallah, which takes work. I loved the character growth with everyone. Captain Marvel was awesome, I loved his interactions with Kaldur and the others. But my favorite bits were the tiger and the white wolf. That was simply hillarious! Excellent work, keep it up.
Thanks! We'll try.
If I didn't know for a fact that Greg Weisman wasn't on drugs, I'd ask him to share whatever he's smoking. It should be impossible. How do you take something as corny and frankly stupid as a French brain in a jar whose' best friend is a gorilla in a French beret and make that intimidating. "Young Justice" managed to succeed at that.
The teaser is great, and the inciting incident is brilliant. Mayor Hill of Gotham City is in the jungle when a gorilla steps out of the trees with a mini-gun and shoots them all up. I'll admit to being amazed Mayor Hill is even still alive after that. But I did enjoy his cameo. I have no idea if he was in the comics, but I know he was in "Batman the Animated Series."
This episode is about the fallout between The Team and Aqualad after the latter keeps to himself that there is a mole on the team. I thought Superboy's reaction was well handled, and while I have seen a lot of complaints about how The Team reacted to this, I think they all ring true. What many people seem to forget is that these are teenagers. They are not the professionals that Batman and the Justice League are. Not yet anyway. This entire team was founded upon these teenagers being pissed off that the League was keeping secrets and not trusting them. Of course they'd be pissed off at Aqualad. But, by the end of the episode, after speaking to Captain Marvel, Aqualad takes charge and the team seems to get over it. But I am sure this will continue to have long term consequences.
This brings me to something else. A while back, I saw someone say and I'm paraphrasing from memory "Teen Titans reminded me of what was fun about being a teenager, Young Justice reminds me of what sucked about being a teenager." What? Why should the less fun parts about being a teenager not get depicted in a show about teenagers. My memories of being a teenager are not exactly happy ones. God forbid fictional teenagers get written like real ones, instead of a fantasy version of teenagers. Yes, I know this is a fantasy world, but that doesn't mean everything should be run through and sanitized to a point where the less fun stuff is glossed over and ignored. These aren't adults waiting for a growth spurt, and yet a lot of the complaints I see are from people who think they should be written that way. I think the problem here is that many fans are looking to their favorite shows or books for wish fulfillment rather then drama. People want to escape to a fictional world where they can vicariously live out there fantasies via their favourite hero. But there is no drama, and that's not real. This actually ties back to what I said two weeks ago about Superboy and Miss Martian's romance... of course it's not real. These are two hormonal teenagers who have a lot of growing up to do.
Finally, Captain Marvel was easily the highlight of the episode. I loved his child-like enthusiasm, and even though I knew about his secret identity, I still thought the epilogue of the episode was played perfectly. Fun stuff. I hope to see more of him as The Team's new den mother.
You know for a "fact" that I'm not on drugs?
Young Justice is awesome!
1. A debate started between a few friends of mine regarding Aqualad's eye color and everywhere I looked online had a different opinion. So, for the record, what color are Kaldur's eyes?
2. Out of curiosity, is there a romantic relationship between Batman and Wonder Woman in Earth-16? If this is a spoiler request, I apologize.
1. Pale green.
Young Justice is one of the shows to which I most look forward every week. I'm so glad the hiatus is over.
I have one question arising from issues 7 and 8 of the tie-in comic: Will we learn (during season one) the name which Artemis's mother Paula used when she was a criminal?
Without being explicit, so as to avoid spoilers, it seems pretty clear what name her father Lawrence uses, but if we're looking to the original comics there are two names Paula could have used. I don't want you to give it away, just to clue us in as to whether or not we will learn it in due course.
In due course.
I'd like to say that I am a huge fan of Young Justice. The writing is amazing and the animation is beautiful. I look forward to upcoming episodes!
1. How old is Dick's classmate Barbara?
2. How old is Gotham Academy's New Student Liaison Bette?
3. How old is Captain Marvel both when he is Captain Marvel and when he is Billy?
Thank you for your time.
3. Billy is ten. Captain Marvel is... whatever he appears to be to you.
1.Is Superboy going to get a new costume?
2.How did Oliver lose all of his fortune.
3.Is Kid Flash and the rest of the team going to find out Miss Martian is dating Superboy?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. Lack of attention to it.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
First, I love Young Justice, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Gargoyles. But I do have one criticism of Young Justice that you may or may not wish to respond to.
I love Young Justice, but if I have one criticism it's that you have turned the Justice League in to a bunch of wimps. In one episode, you have Superman struggling to lift a bus over his head. Dude, Spider-man can lift a bus over his head! Then, in "Alpha Male," you have Captain Marvel who is generally regarded to have powers on par with Superman, walk in to a trap like some chump. It was really undignified for someone considered to be the world's mightiest mortal.
I understand that you are trying to create a sense of jeopardy - that these characters are actually in danger, so you are deliberately limiting their capabilities. And I'm not suggesting you return to the era of the Superman who could push planets around, but I feel that you have gone to far in the other direction.
Like I said, I love the show, and I appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions, but this really bugs me.
If what we're talking about is power-levels, than I'll freely admit that we've dragged many of the characters back to the power levels that they started with (or closer to that). I think over the years, a lot of characters, including Spider-Man (and I got complaints about this issue on that series too), have grown over-powered as various writers, artists and editors kept piling on to solve temporary story problems. As I've stated in the past, I'm adamantly opposed to POWER INFLATION, and so we dial back.
As for Captain Marvel, I don't think he was a chump, but if you want characters that can anticipate every possible outcome, you've picked the wrong series.
Hey Greg I just wanted to know, who is your favorite character in Young justice? Is it one of the team members, the justice league characters, or someone from outside the characters we've seen so far in the show?
They're all my children...
I just want to start by saying that i LOVE Young Justice! It is so awesome! But seriously, it deserves to have a movie. Or holiday special. Either one is fine. Is there ever going to be a Young Justice movie?
Not that I know of. But I'm game if they want it.
Looking at the school scene in "Homefront", Dick Grayson's design is very similar to that of his The Batman counterpart (and there's a resemblance between the Barbara Gordon of this show and her counterpart from that show). Was this close similarity deliberate?
No. Nor do I really see it, beyond the obvious.
Would you list who's writing episodes 11-20 of Young Justice: Invasion?
211 - Nicole Dubuc
212 - Paul Giacoppo
213 - Greg Weisman
214 - Kevin Hopps
215 - Jon Weisman
216 - Kevin Hopps
217 - Brandon Vietti
218 - Peter David
219 - Greg Weisman
220 - Kevin Hopps
You've said that 179 DC characters will appear by the end of season one of Young Justice, and I have some questions regarding the character count.
1) Is Doctor Fate counted separately from Kent Nelson and Nabu since he's a merger of the two characters.
2) Were two of the reporters seen outside the Hall of Justice in "Independence Day" Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen?
3) There's a character countdown list on the toonzone forums http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?276163-quot-Young-Justice-quot-Character-Countdown-%28Spoilers%29. Would you mind revealing if anyone is missing from the countdown, or if someone's real name is misidentified?
1. I've got Fate, Nabu and Kent listed as three separate characters, because for legal reasons relative to DC Comics, they are separate. On the other hand, Batman and Bruce Wayne are considered one character, so the Fate thing is a special case, and not indicative of how secret identities were quantified.
2. I don't think so.
3. Sorry, but I'm not going to go to a separate website and vet that. I just don't have the time.
On earth 16 are there batmen of the past or the world?
Will there be any stories about the gap between the golden and silver age on earth 16?
Do terrorist on earth 16 use metahumans in their plans?
2. Ever? Maybe.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Why is the Helmet of Fate being kept in the Cave, a place which location is not secret? Does the JL know? Isn't it dangerous to have it there?
1. It's fairly secret that the Cave is in use and not abandoned.
2. Of course.
3. It's dangerous to have it anywhere.
Hi Greg! First of just wanted to say that I'm absolutely loving the Young Justice series, it's fantastic (particularly Home Front!) I just have a few questions about the process of voice recording for Young Justice.
1) Do the voice actors record in the same studio and interact with each other during the recording? Or do you often have to record separately due to conflicting schedules?
2) How long does it typically take to record each episode?
3) Who generally directs the voice actors during recordings?
4) Do the actors input their own suggestions for how the characters may react in a certain situation?
5) Does the script go through 'last minute' revisions during the recording?
Thank you so much for taking the time for looking at all the fan's questions and I look forward to seeing the rest of season 1 and 2!
2. Three to four hours or so.
3. Jamie Thomason.
4. Occasionally. But unfortunately, we don't have a ton of flexibility.
5. Occasionally. Nothing major.
I heard Victor Cook has directed that CGI Ben 10 movie called "Destroy all Aliens". Since you have worked with him before, what is your response to that?
Um... GOOD FOR VIC!!!
In Drop Zone, before his transformation, why was Mammoth wearing a crop-top? That's what girls wear.
Wow, you have very strict gender rules, don't you?
how come my questions are never answered? they always get deleted
You must be breaking one of the rules, I guess. If they're deleted I don't see them.
Will Harley Quinn be appearing anytime soon?
Have the Secret Six or Suicide Squad been started yet?
Will Amanda Waller appear again in Season 1?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2a. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
First off, I'd like to thank you for answering the fans questions. Not many people actually do this, and I really think more people should.
1. In the credits of "Homefront", Cheshire's real name is said to be Jade Nguyen. Is this because that's her name in the comics or is this her name in YOung Justice, too?
2. Is Barbara Gordon Batgirl yet?
3. Is Bette Kane Batgirl/Flamebird yet?
4 Does Batwoman exist on Earth-16?
5. Has Red Volcano been made yet? If not, will he?
6. Why did you decide to 'gender-swap' Red Torpedo and Red Inferno?
Again, thank you for taking your time to answer people's questions.
I don't think any creator "should" answer fan questions. It's not an obligation.
1. That's her name in our show.
2. She's not Batgirl.
3. She's not Batgirl or Flamebird.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
6. I didn't. I went with the original gender for Red Torpedo and Firebrand. I don't know why DC chose to gender swap them in the comics.
1. Is Robin a freshman simply because he has a late birthday or has he skipped a grade? Or some other reason?
2. I know Black Canary is in a relationship with Green Arrow. Are Wonder Woman and/or Hawkwoman in a relationship with someone as well?
3. Will we find out why Paula got arrested in the show/comic? I don't want to know why now, just if we'll find out. =]
4. I know you don't like to spoil your own show. Is that why we don't get previews of next episodes.
1. He hasn't skipped a grade.
2. Hawkwoman is married to Hawkman.
3. For crime.
4. That's not up to me.
Contact Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment to ask and find out if they are planning to release Gargoyles The Complete Series DVD Set containing all three seasons for a 2012 release.
I have no contacts there anymore, I'm afraid.
a few question, thanks for taking the time even read these let alone answering
1. On recent online survey they asked who everyone's favorite young justice character was and Robin won by a considerable margin. Do you find this surprising?
2. How did you pick the voice actor, was it audition o did you request certain people? WHATEVER YOU GUYS DID, GREAT JOB!
3. How much stronger is Superman the superboy? It seemed like pretty big difference as Superboy could barely drag a pus off a ledge and superman was able to pick it up with ease( not to mentionan entire bridge)
4. Whose better at acience Wally or Dick? (both seem to know a lot)
5. Is Wally in any advance classes at school? Given his scientific knowledge it seems as though he should be considered a genius.
6. Does Wally intelligence come from speedsters abilities to think through things faster?
7. Who is Superboy closest to among the males on the team? he seems to enjoy Wallys company as he was the one who opened his home to him. They also seemed to have a good time mocking the tornado twins together. But then again Aqualad seems to understand his emotions more then other.
8. Do the other members of team ever look down at Robin for being so young or has he well since proved his ability to hold his own to them?
9. Is Aquaman from atlantis or was he originally from the surface world like some of his origins dictate?
10. Is superman married is this universe or even in a relationship with Lois lane?
Thanks for any answers you can give
2. For Season One, we held auditions for the six leads (plus Superman). The rest were cast.
3. A lot.
4. Wally is way better at pure science. Dick is better with technology.
7. He's probably closest to Aqualad.
8. No one looks down on Robin - unless you mean literally, as he is the shortest member of the Team.
9. He's from Atlantis.
10. He's not married. Beyond that, you'd have to define "in a relationship".
1. Does Tim Drake exist on earth 16 if so how old is he?
2. Why was the league existence secret at first?
3. How old was Mr.Carr in the vision and how old is he now?
4. Is oliver queen still a millionaire?
5. How did Mr. Carr got involved with the league?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. It seemed to make sense at first not to let the bad guys know that the good guys were getting organized.
3. Snapper was 18 in Superboy's vision. Mr. Carr is 22 now.
5. Being at the right place in the right time during their first adventure together.
1) How old is Hal Jordan?
2) will we ever see Barbara Gordon as Batgirl during the run of the series?
1. Hal is 33.
2a. You already have by now.
2b. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
According to your timeline, Demona and Thailog were back in New York when Oberon put the city to sleep. Did Demona and Thailog fall asleep?
I'd think not.
My question didn't appear for some reason:
In one episode of Gargoyles ("High Noon", I think it was), Lexington is attempting to fix Coldstone. For a split second, the name "OTHELLO" appears on his laptop, is this a name that Xanatos (or possibly Lexington) gave to him for programming reasons (or possibly as a Project name?) or was it an easter egg that was not meant to be taken literally?
Mostly the latter.
Hey greg I wouÃ±d like to ask some questions regarding side characters
Has Cat grant worked in the Daily planet as a newspaper reporter?
Why haven't we seen Lois lane reporting close to the big news as cat grant?
Is Cat Grant more influential/ famous than Lois Lane?
Has clark Kent ever worked with cat grant?
Has Lois Lane earned the pulitzer prixe in earth 16?
How famous/influential is clark kent as a reporter?
Thanks for your time.
2. Because we've been showing television reports, not print reports.
3. I don't know about influential, but Cat is a national television correspondent and Lois is a local newspaper reporter, so you can do the math on "fame".
4. Not directly, no.
5. No. Neither has Clark.
6. About the same as Lois.
Hello~ I've been a fan of "Young Justice" for some time, and I've been wondering:
For the scenes with martial arts (Black Canary, Robin, Batman, etc...) do the animating team actually study the moves and reference, or do the animators and storyboard artists just "whip something up"?
Thank you :D
Some of each, probably.
When were bruce wayne's parents born and how old were they when they died?
They were born in Gotham City. I don't know their exact ages, but they were probably in their late 30s or early 40s when they died.
Do homi magi's exist on earth 16?
Existence and knowledge of existence are two different things.
Beyond that, NO COMMENT.
(sorry for my other post it this one fixed)
for my question 2
i just wanted to ask will we see any action with Cheshire and Red Arrow?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
1. Since episode "Targets" reveal Cheshire height how tall is each member in The Team plus Red Arrow
2. Black Canary is the team training leader will see more training?
love the new the episodes keep up the awesome work
1. I don't know.
2. Yes, some.
1. Will Red Arrow be in any new episode?
2. I just want to ask will we see any Cheshire and Red Arrow in new episode?
3. When will Red Arrow join the team?
Huge fan of Red Arrow hoping I will see him an any new eps
keep up the great work!
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. Who says he will?
When we post a question we are asked if we've checked the archives first. People just ignore that because they keep asking the same questions over and over. Doesn't the administration here filter these questions? Why don't these repeated question get deleted?
How can you stand answering the same thing over and over again?? Especially when it's "NO COMMENT" or "SPOILER REQUEST"? Do you think fan want to wear you down and you'll spoil away the show?
It's not the job of "the administration" i.e. Todd to "filter" for these questions. I've asked Todd to do enough just to make sure the rules that I need enforced for legal reasons are being enforced. It's not fair to turn him into an overall Ask Greg Cop. That's NOT what he signed on for.
I'd prefer if posters self-policed anyway.
And by the way THIS issue has been ASKED AND ANSWERED more than once too. So your post, sympathetic as it is, also only added to the problem.
Silly question: where exactly do you type your answers? Do you write them directly in the answer box (I assume it's similar to our question box), or do you write them on Word and then copy paste them here. I'm curious because I don't believe I've even seen any typo or iffy sentence construction from your answers. And typos are normal to slip by. Do you proofread each of your answers before sending them?
Kuddos on your skills.
I write them right into an answer box. And I do make every effort to proofread and edit my responses thoroughly before I post.
But if you've never seen any typos, etc., here - then you haven't been looking too carefully. (Which I'm cool with, actually.)
Hey Greg, I really like the show and had a couple of questions.
Question 1: How does Commissioner Gordon afford to send his daughter to a private school on a copâs salary.
Question 2: I debated asking this because I have a feeling it might be a spoiler request but I wasnât entirely sure. If it is, feel free to ignore it. Edward Nygma never struck me as having superpowers so why was he being held in Belle Reeve?
Thanks for your time and really I adore the show.
1a. He's not living on a cop's salary, but a Police Commissioner's salary.
1b. There are scholarships.
1c. None of your business how he chooses to budget his money.
2. <sigh> As stated MANY TIMES ALREADY, Belle Reve isn't just for individuals with super-powers. It's for individuals, who qualify as super-criminals. Sometimes the brain is mightier than the brawn, and a traditional prison is not capable of holding these criminals.
Gargoyles is my childhood. Some may still say i am a child but can I say thank you for a truly amazing story and my favorite show of all time. I do not know if this question has been asked before but I recently watched all 78 episodes of gargoyles on youtube. Imediately wanted to buy the seasons. So i bought season 1 and season 2 volume 1 and was shocked when I found that volume 2 and the Golaith chronicles were cancelled. I also know that the seasons on dvd have footage uncensored that was not displayed on disney. I wish to see the remaining episodes from the unreleased seasons this way. Is there a chance they will ever get released? I want gargoyles to live on and give my children at chance to see your materpiece. I would greatly appericate your time, thank you so much!
ASKED AND ANSWERED. CHECK THE ARCHIVES.