A Station Eight Fan Web Site
hello! i just finished watching the last episode of YJ titled 'Humanity' and it was great, btw :) but i was wondering when some more episode summaries where going to be released? if at all? thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "episode summaries".
How old is Zatanna? I thought she was around Dick's age, but I'm not too sure.
Guys, PLEASE, check the unanswered questions ahead of you in the queue BEFORE posting. You're just bogging down ASK GREG, which causes me to take longer to get to NEW questions!
Hey Mr. Weisman. Loving the show! Just one question- how old is Zatanna? Really liked the episode Humanity and I hope she shows up again!
ASKED AND ANSWERED at least twice.
I noticed that Zatanna's designation to enter the cave is A03.
1) Is the letter "A" a designation given to visitors to the cave?
2) Who were A01 and A02? Red Torpedo and Red Inferno?
1. Authorized Guests.
You've actually met A01. A02 will appear in Season Two, though in a way you've already met A02 also. (Wow, look! I gave a Spoiler hint! That's so unlike me. Well... don't get used to it!)
"Humanity" was amazing! Loved Zatanna's depiction!
1. Is Zatanna's hair black or a dark brown?
2. In comics, I've seen Zatanna with both brown eyes and blue eyes. Was there a specific reason behind choosing blue eyes for the Young Justice universe?
1. Black, basically.
2. I don't know. It's a question for Brandon Vietti and James Peters (our color stylist), who make the decisions on eye color. I'll admit, I've only started paying attention to eye color since all these questions about it started appearing here at ASK GREG. I just never focused on it before.
From the episode 'Revelation':
"Robin, she's made contact." - Miss Martian.
"Artemis?" - Robin.
"No." - ?
This may be an extraordinarily stupid question but who said "No."?
First off, let me say how much I've been enjoying "Young Justice". "Revelation" is probably my favourite episode yet (though I usually say the same thing about pretty much every episode when it comes out).
Anyway, you've often said that while working on "The Spectacular Spider-Man" you used the original Lee/Ditko/Romita run as your "primary source" while still borrowing ideas and concepts from other corners of the Spideyverse like the Ultimate series.
I was just wondering, where there any DC comics series or runs that served a similiar role for "Young Justice"? I know YJ draws from all over the DC Universe but what particular series or creative teams do you think had the most influence on how you approached the series?
It's a much wider palette then Spidey was, but I'd say the first two or three years or so of Young Justice and the first two or three years of the original Teen Titans run was the stuff that I focused on research-wise.
But I also drew from all sorts of other sources, since we were tackling the depth and breadth of the DC Universe. So we looked at Justice Leagues of various eras, and Titans of various eras... plus other influences (including old Hanna Barbera stuff) that are just part of all of our geeky backgrounds.
Why did ya'll choose artemis to be part of the team?
If that's not manifest from the episodes themselves (both those that have aired and those yet to come), then we've failed and no answer I could give would add any further clarity. I mean either it's already on the screen or it's a SPOILER. Either way, I'll let the work explain itself.
First off, I'm a fan of Gargoyles, and now a fan of Young Justice.
Now the questions:
1. How do Green Arrow, Red Arrow, and Artemis keep their quivers from spilling? When they fight, they have to move around a lot, usually in acrobatic forms to keep themselves from being hit by whatever is attacking them, but in doing so, they would cause the arrows in their quivers to spill out. Do they have some sort of adhesive or lock to prevent spillage or is it something else that I am missing?
Hey Greg! I think you are doing an amazing job with YJ! You and the entire TEAM!
I just finished revelations, And I LOVED that Wotan Used "Fulminos Venite" (SP?) against Dr. Fate! I greatly enjoyed the Gargoyles Reference :-P
I noticed, as well, that Blue devil was in this episode, and I always enjoyed his character. I was wondering if in this iteration he is the man in the bio-mechanical suit, or the post-Neron deal resurrected actual Demon?
Also I love Superboy's pets. The Sphere and Wolf. Were either of these characters inspired by actual DC figures? Or are the show-specific originals?
And I have to applaud the AMAZING Brent Spiner as The Joker! I really enjoy this take as, what seems to me, a more broody, pathological insanity versus a wacky nuttiness from previous incarnations. And Mr. Spiner is always a great talent to add to ANY project!
Thanks and please keep up such great work and amazing shows!
Re: BLUE DEVIL - NO COMMENT.
Re: WOLF - ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Re: SPHERE - NO COMMENT.
Re: BRENT - AGREED.