A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
Hello again, Mr. Weisman. I saw on the Garg Wiki and in the archives, that Jean Valjean of "Les Miserables" exists as a character in the "Gargoyles" universe (in fact, I have a theory that he might have already appeared). That in mind, I had a few questions about him.
1) Is his backstory more or less the same as it is in the book/musical? I'm referring to his years in prison, meeting the bishop of Digne, being Mayor of Montreuil, his conflict with Javert, etc.
2) For that matter, do other characters from "Les Mis" exist in the "Gargoyles" universe (Javert and Cosette in particular, but certainly not just them)?
3) In-universe, is Valjean still alive, or, at least, was he still alive in 1996?
4) What sort of character would Valjean be in "Gargoyles"? I'd like to think he's the same moral, redemption-seeking figure that he was in "Les Miserables", but I honestly have no idea what your take on him might be.
5) Slightly off topic, but what did you think of the 2012 musical film adaptation of "Les Miserables"? I thought it was excellent, personally.
Thank you for your time, and have a good day
1. The book, which is public domain. Not the musical, which is not. I'm not saying every detail is the same, but the basics, yes.
2. Generally, yes.
3. No spoilers.
4. No spoilers.
5. I did too. I could quibble with little things, but I found it very effecting.