A Station Eight Fan Web Site
For The Spectacular Spider-Man, did you have any specific spin-offs in mind or ideas for other series set in its version of the Marvel Universe, and, if so, what were they?
Well, it was less about spin-offs and more about occasional guest stars. Then if someone (in authority) had said, "HEY, DO THAT!" we would have.
I think I've mentioned we wanted to use Johnny Storm, so that could have led to a theoretical Fantastic Four spin-off.
We wanted to use Beast, Cyclops and Professor X, which could have lead to a theoretical X-Men spin-off.
We wanted to use both Hulk and Captain America, which could have lead to theoretical spin-offs for either and/or for the Avengers.
Oh, and I did have one other spin-off idea that really was a spin-off coming out of Season Three or Four, that would have largely featured characters that had already appeared in the series by that point, including (but not limited to) Flint, Hobie and Felicia.
Absolutely loved Young Justice. And I think your work is awesome! First time asking here.
1. I was looking up Klarion the Witch Boy on the Young Justice Wikipedia and it said that his age was ageless. I compared Klarion's age to Doctor Fate/Nabu's, and it said Nabu's age was eternal. What's the difference?
2. Does their age difference have anything to do with them being opposite species, for instance, are all lords of order's ages eternal, and all lords of chaos ageless?
3. Is either Klarion or Nabu older than the other? If so, which one was born first?
4. What were the other reasons Klarion joined the Light?
5. At what point did he join the Light?
2. You're quibbling over synonyms. I'm not sure how to respond.
1. In Young Justice, what are Superman's religious beliefs? Does he follow Rao, the Abrahamic god, or another Terran/Kryptonian faith?
2. The wiki mentioned Martian reverence of sorcerer priests. Does this mean that magic was/is commonplace in their society?
3. What was first contact like between Earth and Mars?
Thank you for your consideration.
1. I haven't thought about it. He probably conflated Rao in with the Christian Trinity.
2. Not commonplace. But, it clearly exists. Anything beyond that is a spoiler.
3. Ask J'onn J'onzz and Professor Erdel. Beyond that, SPOILER!
I searched the archives and I noticed that Troia's age has repeatedly come up as a spoiler. We know the ages of other members of the Team.
Why is Troia's age a spoiler?
Because you haven't even laid eyes on her.
If you've seen Jaime Reyes, and I confirm his exact age, that's not much of a spoiler, because you could basically guess for yourself and be correct within a year or two.
But with Troia, you don't know if she's ten years old or twenty. And I'm not spoiling that.
Hey Greg, long time fan here, first time asking a question here.
Gargoyles was one of those shows I really enjoy watching with my Mom, and we both enjoy it (as do we love Star Trek: The Next Generation, amusingly enough). I've already pre-ordered Season Two Part Two so we can rewatch the whole show together, but enjoying the comic together is a little tricky (she's not much of a reader).
I had wondered this for a long time anyways, but have there been any considerations (official or otherwise) of doing an audiobook or something akin to it (maybe a voiced motion comic?) for the Gargoyles SLG comic with the original voice cast? I can easily hear their voices in my head, but it would be a whole other experience to have them do it in the modern day.
Thanks for your time Greg, and I hope my asking this isn't a bother. I'll continue to support this series I love, and anything you do (as I always end up enjoying your work)!
I'd love to do those stories as AudioPlays, and the subject has come up on occasion. I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but there are no current plans.
I'm pleased that I can finally announce one of the main things that I've been working on for most of the last year of my life.
In addition to working on Shimmer & Shine AND producing the Rain of the Ghosts AudioPlay (now available for download at www.gumroad.com/RainoftheGhosts), I have been writing a novel for Blizzard and Scholastic based on World of Warcraft. It's called Traveler, and I'm thrilled with how it's turning out.
Check out a little hype on it here:
1) At the end of "Usual Suspects", Vandal Savage takes a Zeta Tube to the Watchtower. The control panel indicated he came from Central City. Was this scripted or was the departure supposed to be from somewhere else and this is likely recycled art since it matches the screen seen back in "Infiltrator" when Wally West goes to the Cave in his beach gear?
For 2-4, I previously tried to ask you on Twitter if these Beast Boy and Wonder Girl biographies on a DC Nation supplement were canon but you viewed it on your phone and the writing wasn't legible. I noticed the profile also shows up in the Young Justice Volume 2 Training Day trade paperback so I took close-up photos. Hopefully, this time you will able to make it out.
Photo of Wonder Girl bio: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/kenshi528/wondergirl_dcnation_freshman_zpscdb7619a.jpg
Photo of Beast Boy bio: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/kenshi528/beastboy_dcnation_freshman_zps9376adfb.jpg
Just in case:
The Wonder Girl profile reads "Cassie Sandsmark is the daughter of an archaeologist... and the Greek god Zeus! After Wonder Woman discovered the amazing powers of Cassie's birthright, she granted her new protege the name Wonder Girl."
The Beast Boy profile reads "After a Martian blood transfusion and a green monkey bite, Garfield Logan gained the power to transform into any animal he encounters. Calling himself, Beast Boy, he's morphing right into the Team"
2) I only ask because a lot of these DC Nation profiles for individual characters from Young Justice have been incorrect with certain details in the past. Are these two profiles canon?
3) Is it canon Cassie Sandsmark's father is Zeus and that Wonder Woman was the one who discovered she had super powers?
4) Is it canon that Garfield Logan's powers manifested fully once he received a green monkey bite?
5) For Young Justice: Legacy, Vanessa Marshall once commented she did voice some lines for Black Canary. In the final product, Black Canary had no lines. What were her lines or in general what were they about?
For reference, her tweet: https://twitter.com/vanmarshall/status/432776173114757120
1. I honestly don't recall.
2. Both are correct as far as they go. I don't want to label ANYTHING canon that isn't in the show or the comic or Legacy (and even Legacy has caveats), but these are not incorrect.
3a. Yes. 3b. No one said she discovered them first.
4. I don't want to confirm or deny cause and effect here. That would be a spoiler. But it's true that he was bitten by a green monkey. (Actually, more than once.)
5. I don't remember, and I don't have that information here at my Nickelodeon office.
Did league and the team know that the blood tranfusion was canging Garfield's dna before he get his power?
If you could be any type of tree, what tree would you be and why?
A mystery. So I wouldn't have to change at all.
Hey, I just started watching Young Justice and I absolutely LOVED it. Thank you so much for that. I just have one question.
1. My question regards one of the minor villains named Klarion. If he was the all-powerful lord of chaos, why does he need the light? Couldn't he easily obliterate the Justice League if he's immortal?
Who said a Lord of Chaos is all-powerful? Is Doctor Fate/Nabu, who is a Lord of Order, all-powerful?