A Station Eight Fan Web Site
In the Gargoyles meets Spectacular Spider-Man meets Young Justice Radio Play, Artemis refers to leaving Roy to watch Lian and JW. You once remarked about accidentally including a spoiler in the play, and I assumed the existence of JW was that spoiler, but now we're past season three and into season four with no sign of a JW.
1) Was JW the spoiler you had mentioned?
2) Did your plans regarding JW change by the time the show was back in production?
3) If your plans did change, could you tell us about JW and the original plan?
1. No spoilers.
2. Just the timing a bit.
3. Nothing's changed.
Unrelated to the last one and thought I'd ask.
Are/were there any other series, beside Scooby Doo, that you explored/are curious about crossing into YJ from beyond DC (I assume if you are, say, in talks for Ben 10 x Young Justice you can't say)
Not sure how the legalese of that question works, as sometimes it feels like rights get lost in WB sometimes.
I can't think of anything, honestly. Doesn't mean some random idea wasn't tossed out at some point, and I've simply forgotten. But nothing's coming to mind.
Unless you count the just-for-fun Gargoyles/Spectacular Spider-Man/Young Justice crossovers I wrote for various radio plays at various conventions, all of which can be viewed on YouTube.
So... who exactly was "J.W." from the Recruits radio play supposed to be?
Does the Gargoyles show exist on Earth-16? Was it made by Greg Vietti or Brandon Weisman? Did any of our favorite superheroes watch it? Who was their favorite character? ;)
I've written like four flippant, smart-ass responses to this question, and erased them all, as none truly seemed funny enough to justify all the noise that would come out of people (sometimes willfully) misunderstanding my humor as something serious.
So basically, here's the truth. We have the occasional Easter Egg, because that's fun to do and "get away with". But these properties are owned by two different companies. They do not overlap.
Hmm, I haven't asked a question here in a while. So I figured I'd get one in before the temporary close.
Here's one for the timeline. Since I last asked, there have been two Radio Plays at CONvergence. I've watched them both on YouTube and loved them. Abby's singing voice as Miss Martian really impressed me, and Marina as Demona playing almost every character on her IMDB from Queen Bee to Hurrican Julia to Deanna Troi etc amused me greatly. And nobody but the Queen of the Impact Grunt herself could earn a Stunt-Grunter. ;)
Since we've had dates for every other Radio Play...
1. What happened in the Gargoyles Universe on July 2nd, 2016?
2. What happened in the Gargoyles Universe on July 7th, 2018?
I miss the Radio Plays and I cannot wait to attend and hopefully participate in one again.
I miss conventions in general, and CONvergence specifically.
1. No spoilers.
2. No spoilers.
I absolutely loved season 3 of Young Justice and can't wait for more! Thank you for all the work you've done!
If Vandal Savage was born/empowered in the Gargoyles Universe, who would he recruit to join The Light?
I'll leave that to your imagination - and to the Convergence Gargoyles-Spectacular Spider-Man-Young Justice Radio Plays we've done, which you can find on YouTube.
I just saw the fun radio plays and I have a few questions, I know these are mostly what ifs scenarios but regardless thank you for creating them, a wonderful way to keep these shows alive.
1. Do the Crown of Thorns and Spear of Destiny have different abilities? It was unclear to me if one amplified the other or if they had the same ones and they both gained more power in proximity. If it is not too much trouble could you clarify what these artifacts powers are?
2. Don't know if this means anything but Xanatos and Tombstone have the rank of 36 while Chameleon and Martin Hacker are 35 and 32 respectively. Is this because the Illuminanti do not trust the formers as much as the latters but still value them as potential assets down the line?
3. When Demona joined the Light do you think she would have also taken over the League of Shadows? Very interesting how she knows both Vandal Savage and Ra's Al Ghul, it seems like all the immortals keep in contact with each other regardless of what universe they share.
4. Is Vandal Savage being a Cro Magnon or a Neanderthal means that Demona would consider him an exception to her kill all humans rule? I know this is Demona we are talking about but they seem cordial enough.
5. And finally would the Light and the Illuminati consider each other competitors or partners? For some reason I don't think Vandal Savage would take orders from someone younger then him nor would Peredur Duval or Fleur feel comfortable with another agenda that precedes their own :)
1. I honestly don't remember what my thinking was. Sorry!
2. You always start at the bottom, and then work your way up.
3. Demona isn't enough of a team player to run the Shadows.
4. He's Cro Magnon. Not Neanderthal. She was cordial with Xanatos at first, too.
5. Competitors at best - if not downright enemies.
I was wondering about Jean Dewolff's change from captain to patrolman and Italian American (I think) to Native American. I like the changes but am curious about the thought process behind them.
Also, what people was Jean from?
Also, does she know Elisa Maza? I'm guessing that Native American NYC cops are a small sorority.
Also, Jean and a few other characters (EG Gwen, Captain Stacy) die in the comics. I won't ask names because of spoilers, but were you planning on some character deaths if the series had continued?
Thanks, and i hope you get to follow up on SSM and Gargoyles someday. I really mss those shows. At least YJ is coming back!
1. We had long-term plans for Jean, which necessitated her starting as a patrolwoman.
2. We were looking to increase diversity in the show, and the name DeWolff suggested a nice fit with Native American.
3. Never worked it out. Guess I'd lean toward Inupiat and French Canadian/Cree (Metis) ancestry, which matches her voice actor, Irene Bedard. (Or so Wikipedia tells me.)
4. Let's assume that in the Gargoyles Meets The Spectacular Spider-Man Meets Young Justice Universe that they do.
5. No spoilers.
I just re-read all of the Bad Guys comics, and as I read I kept wondering if there were secret clues or hints in the art or the way you worded the narrative and it got me thinking about a few questions:
1. a) In Gargoyles, is there a clue or hint you've dropped either in the show or in one of the comic books that you thought was clever/you really liked that no one has picked up on yet? (you don't have to say what it is/don't need to give spoilers).
1. b) Was it a clue or hint that you thought people would pick up on and they never did or is it one that would've become clear/made more sense as the show/comics went on?
2. Follow up: I remember reading that you said you dropped a hint/clue/big fact in the 2014 Radio Play at ConVergence that no one picked up on when you thought they would. Has anyone asked/talked to you about it yet or is everyone still in the dark to whatever it is you put in that radio play?
Thank you for your time and answers.
2. One or two people have picked up on it. Not many, though.
Hello! Will you be posting the script for the 2014 CONvergence Radio Play, "Recruits", here on the site like you did with the previous one? :)
No. Or at any rate, not now.
But you can watch it on YouTube, I believe.