A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I've been trying to answer at least five questions a day here, every weekday, for quite a few months running. I'm still nowhere near coming close to emptying the queue.
But, as I'm certain some of you have noticed, the questions are, well, starting to grind on me. To get on my nerves. To tick me off.
Sometimes it's folks asking questions that are clearly answered by the material itself. On screen or on the page.
Sometimes it's folks asking for story spoilers, when that's clearly something I'm not going to reveal.
Sometimes it's folks ascribing motives for what I do that they can't possibly know.
Sometimes it's folks demanding that I acknowledge that my show sucks, with intense explanations for why I should do that. I'm okay with people not liking my stuff - wish they did, but you can't please everyone, all the time - but I resent people trying to convince ME that my stuff is bad. Maybe it's all in the phrasing, but it is, frankly, infuriating. Besides, I like my stuff.
I don't know if I've just hit a bad batch recently, but I think what's more likely is that I'm just burned out on it. That I'm reading negativity into perfectly innocent or at least neutral questions and statements. It's very possible I'm over-reacting.
Either way, my responses recently have been ire-filled, and I don't like that. It's not what I want ASK GREG to be. It's not, generally, what I think it's been for the last couple decades plus. (Give or take a tirade or smart-ass response, here and there.)
I took a few days off, posting Hercules premises, and thought that might help. And it did, a little. But clearly not enough. So I'm going to take an extensive break.
I'm tempted to close the question asking function for a time. But Young Justice: Targets is still coming out. And the new Gargoyles comic launches in December, and I want folks to be able to respond to those. So I've decided to leave the function alone for now. I realize that means that the backlog is going to continue to grow. But such is life, I guess.
I'm hoping that in a month or two, I'll be ready to come back. But for now, I need a break. Thanks and sorry.
Are Arsenal and Arrowette public heroes in Star City ?
No. Not particularly.
Is Brion fully mind controlled by Zviad? Does he not have his own will? Is every decision he makes really a Zviad decision?
He has his own will. As STATED CLEARLY on the show, Zviad can only nudge him toward his own worse impulses. (Or occasionally toward any impulse, really.)
Does Tim have stealth-tech in his costume or is he capable of sneaking without it like Dick?
We generally play the Robins as not needing it, do to their training.
1.Is project match still a loose end in the show? I haven't read the companion comics but know a little bit of his fate there, does that mean the original project match is gone both in the comics and the show. I have scowered the wiki but it's a little confusing.
2.Are companion comic events canon to the show?
Anyways love what you are doing and I love y'all's vision(hopefully matter eater lad is in that vision), keep up the great work you guys do it means more than y'all might know.
1. Well... maybe you should read the comics, including recent issues of Young Justice: Targets. The answers regarding Match are all there.
2. Yes, the companion comics are all fully canon. (To be clear, I'm talking about the actual companion comics, which are now available in two trades - Young Justice: The Early Missions and Young Justice: Growing Up - plus our new six issue mini-series, Young Justice: Targets. I am NOT talking about the old 90s comics or the more recent "Wonder Comics" issues, which are also titled Young Justice. They may be great stories. But they're not canon to Earth-16.)
How do you feel about the fans of young justice not liking Garfield and Perdita breaking up and not geting back togather later in young justice story?
It depends what you mean about "liking." I'm glad they cared about the relationship enough, are/were invested enough to want them to stay together.
Since the Earth-16 version of Merlyn does exist (due to a version of "DC Showcase: Green Arrow" having already taken place), is his real name Arthur King and is his legal name Malcolm Merlyn; just like in the post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity?
Anonymous, you're giving me a lot of questions about pre and post-Flashpoint continuity. I'm not really up on any of that. (Never read Flashpoint, and don't know if I understand it's significance, i.e. why it's a turning point in DC Continuity.) And I'm not inclined at this stage to answer stuff I haven't researched myself yet. Sorry.
But if you want some true Earth-16 Merlyn, check out Young Justice: Targets.
1. Does Jim Harper still work at Cadmus? If not, what does he do now?
2. How big is Willâs business
1a. He works for Bowhunter Security.
2. I'm not sure what you mean by "big". But I think of it currently as small but growing.
I am a lifelong fan of all of your work! Especially gargoyles and young justice. I wanted to ask 3 questions that I didnât see waiting to be answered already.
1 did you intentionally include props from gargoyles in young justice season four at the Tower of fate? A.k.a. the Phoenix gate, The eye of Oden, grimorum arcanorum.
2 are there more gargoyles Easter eggs throughout YJ?
3 I have recognized the voices of many of the actors on young Justice, as actors who also voiced characters on gargoyles. Do you like to work a lot with the same people?
I think itâs pretty fantastic, but sometimes when I hear the voices I think of their character from gargoyles instead of who they are in young justice.
1. If I said it was an accident or coincidence would you believe me?
2. Here and there.
3. I do. Very much.
Hello Mr. Greg Weisman I'm a fan of Young Justice and I have a few questions about the series. First allow me to apologize for my bad English, although it is probably already understandable by the text here I live in a country that English isn't the native language. So I'm want to apologize if something that I'm writing her perceived as disrespectfully or as an unclear way that not the meaning of mine.
1. In season 4. when Lady Shiva (a real name by the Young Justice Wiki Fandom "Sandra Wu-San") said that she can order to kill Barbara Gordon (in Episode 8. of season 4. "I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings") is that was truly an empty threat? I mean Lady Shiva herself kill Ocean-Master (a real name by Young Justice Wiki Fandom Orm) because he tries to do something similar (at Episode 9. of season 3. "Home Fires") but there the people that he chose to target in that house was in most of them a group of a normal people (and kids) that not works as heroes, here Lady Shiva said that she order to kill Barbara Gordon that worked in her past as a hero under the codename Batgirl and still work as one under the codename Oracle is that case also considers as part of the "Nuclear option of the Light" or not? And who exactly the Nuclear option" included the "heroes" family, the "heroes" friends, "heroes that stop works as heroes"? After all the Light attacks and kill "heroes" in the past like Blue Beetle (a real name Ted Kord).
2. What happened to Captain Marvel when he returned to be Billy Batson at Episode 26. of Season 1. ("Auld Acquaintance") it seems like he was free from the "Brainwash" so why did he not say "Shazam" once more return to be Captain Marvel and help the members of the Team to free the others Justice League members from the "Brainwash"?
3. Is the race of the "Forever People" like Moonrider, Metron, and Darkseid are immortals to normal damage (damage that not created by a specific weakness of the race like Kryptonite is for Conner Kent/Superboy) and all the kind can be haled themself imitate like "Halo"/"Violet Harper"/Gabrielle Daou" does. I question that because the question that Forager asks "Halo"/"Violet Harper" after she healed herself from the damage that Sensei give to her in Episode 6. of season 3. "Rescue Op".
4. I see that question on the page of Young Justice Headscratchers in "TV Tropes" and I was wondering about it by myself why the Meta-Human Youth Center uses Inhibitor Collar could they not find something else more comfortable like a bracelet or at least change the design so it was not so big?
5. How many people in the Team/Bat Family/Justice League know about the identity of Orphan and the details about her like her past, being the daughter of Lady Shiva (Sandra Wu-San), that she can't talk, that she was involved to what happened to Barbara Gordon and the reason (if even have one) that even the leader of the Team Tigress (Artemis Lian Croc) don't know about of this.
Have a nice day. And my apologies again if something that I write here was unclear.
1. It's iffy whether or not Barbara would fall under the Nuclear Option. That tends to be reserved for non-combatant relatives of the heroes. Oracle would be on the bubble. But it was - largely - an empty threat. Shiva would probably need approval up the ladder for that kind of assassination. It's considered "fair game" to kill the heroes in combat. But to assassinate them - even if they don't fall under the Nuclear Option restriction - is another ball of wax.
2. That's a good question. Maybe he did. But all those actions scenes were taking place simultaneously. By the time he got involved, it might have all been over. Or perhaps he didn't want to risk changing back and maybe still be under Klarion's control.
3. Forever People isn't the name of a race. They are a group - like the Team or the Outsiders - who have banded together for adventures. Moonrider is a member of the Forever People. But he's a New Genesian. Metron is a New Genesian, as well, but he's not a member of the Forever People. Darkseid is an Apokoliptan, and obviously isn't one of the Forever People team. All three are New Gods. Strictly speaking, New Gods are not immortal. They age - VERY SLOWLY - and will eventually die. They can also be killed. But that's not easy. They can take a lot of punishment. And they have Motherboxes or Fatherboxes, which can also heal them. I'm not sure if that answers your question. But I hope so.
4. No. Or at least not easily. The collar, in essence, interacts with the spine or the brain. And it has to work on all sorts of different powers. It's big and clumsy, and thems just the breaks.
5. They all know she can't speak. Most know she was involved in Barbara's injury. Most DON'T know she's the daughter of Lady Shiva. Although word of that is gonna spread now.