A Station Eight Fan Web Site
What's the status on Rain of the Ghosts? Are you going to do an AudioPlay for Spirits? Have you put Masque of Bones on hiatus?
For financial reasons, I've had to put both the AudioPlay of SPIRITS OF ASH AND FOAM and the writing of MASQUE OF BONES on hold. Unfortunately, we didn't sell enough copies of RAIN OF THE GHOSTS and SPIRITS (in either paperback or ebook form) and we didn't sell nearly enough e-copies of the AudioPlay for RAIN. I can't afford the time to work on this project right now, which kills me. But I will someday.
What is the hardest decision you've ever had to make, storytelling-wise?
The next one?
This won't mean much to folks who aren't living in the Minneapolis area, but KFAI 90.3/106.7 will be serializing the AudioPlay version of RAIN OF THE GHOSTS across five consecutive Sundays, starting at 9:30pm on August 5th, 2018 on their Sound Affects weekly broadcast. There's more info about the broadcast here: http://www.greatnorthernaudio.com/sound_affects/schedule.html or here: http://www.kfai.org/soundaffectsaradioplayground. By clicking on the KFI website's "LISTEN NOW" button at the appropriate date and time, you can hear the Rain AudioPlay from pretty much anywhere with internet or WiFi.
I want to thank Jerry Stearns for making this happen.
For those of you asking... "AudioPlay? Rain of the Ghosts? What the heck is he talking about?" Here's a blurb:
Rain of the Ghosts
The adventures of Rain Cacique, a young girl descended from the indigenous TaÃno people of the Caribbean. Rain lives on the Ghost Keys, a chain of islands on the edge of the Bermuda Triangle, where her parents own and run a Bed & Breakfast that is both Rainâs home and place of employment. Rain goes from making beds for tourists to learning she has the ability to communicate with ghosts. Rain has a mystery to solve, a mission to accomplish and a destiny to fulfill. Book written by Greg Weisman, who also produced this audio play. Twenty actors in the cast, including Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis, and Edward Asner, with Brittany Uomoleale as Rain Cacique. Full sound effects and an original musical score.
If you're interested in hearing this at your own pace on your own schedule, it's available on Audible/Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Rain-of-the-Ghosts/dp/B01MU5XQ06/ref=sr_1_1_twi_audd_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532394865&sr=8-1&keywords=rain+of+the+ghosts
I'm truly proud of this work and urge you to check it out - one way or another.
Given that martians can assume male or female forms, does that mean that their sexual orientations are likewise fluid? For example, would M'Gann find females attractive if she assumed the shape of a man?
She wouldn't necessarily have to assume the shape of a man to find a female attractive.
But basically, I think she finds Conner attractive, irrespective of his gender.
How long does a martian pregnancy last?
I'm tempted to say 27 Earth months, but I don't want to be held to that.
There are some pretty smart and intuitive people on the League and on the team. It wouldn't surprise me if some of them suspected that Aqualad's apparent murder of Artemis wasn't what it seemed. There was Zatanna (who provided the glamor charm), Captain Marvel (who possesses the wisdom of Solomon), and Aquaman (who knew Kaldur as well as anyone and while not as brilliant as Batman still comes off as highly intelligent). Did any of them suspect the truth about Kaldur and Artemis?
Not a question, but:
I was reading Thomas Hardy's "Far From the Madding Crowd" yesterday, and one of the chapters involved an architectural gargoyle, which Hardy called throughout a "gurgoyle". This is the first time I've come across that variant spelling for "gargoyle", but I wanted to share it with you. (I don't know whether the variant was Hardy's invention or not, but it most likely stems from "gurgle", linked to many gargoyles functioning as waterspouts.)
Sounds about right.
Did Klarion offer Wotan, Felix Faust, Blackbriar Thorn, and Wizard anything in return for their help with his spell in "Misplaced?"
Do the Light a favor and the Light does favors in return. (Witness Count Vertigo.)
Hey Greg! I have two questions.
1. Do female Martians get periods?
2. Can Superboy grow facial hair?
1. I'd lean toward yes, but I have honestly not thought about this. I'd have to study on it with the help of a biologist, I think.
2. To the level of any sixteen-year-old, yes.
1) Were the Scout Scarabs sent out by the Reach prior to the treaty with the Guardians or would even that have been a violation?
2) Who actually needs to invite the Reach for it to be Guardian official? I imagine UN counts, but would a country's leader be valid to allow them into their controlled territory? Would a private landowner that wanted some friends be able to nullify Green Lantern jurisdiction?
3) Icon (at least) was referred to as the Cooperative Delegation a few times. Assuming that means that Earth was being evaluated for a place among the Collective, were they aware of the Rimbor Incident?
4) Was the Collector of Worlds from one of the worlds he mentioned?
1. All of the above.
2. I don't know about a small piece of land, but I suppose if Russia or China or the U.S. gave them permission to be on their turf, it would be okay. (Honestly, I haven't thought about it before now.)
3. If by "they" you mean the Collective, then yes.
4. In a way, he was from all of them.