A Station Eight Fan Web Site
in yj Torch Songs, Part 1 mgann had her hair the way it was back in s1 is there any reason you did this
Q1) Why has the quality in animation decreased in season 3? This has to be the most awaited and wanted show in all of DC streaming service and I'm disappointed in the low quality I see.
Q2) Why must you reuse voice actors so much this season? Why do you have Khary Payton voice so many characters? And why are they all black characters?
Thank you for creating such a beautiful, adorable, sweet and compelling couple like GARDITA!!! Here are some questions regarding my newest OTP:
1- How did you (or the one responsible) come up with the idea of pairing up Garfield and Perdita? Their relationship makes so much sense to me :)
2- How long has it been since they started dating?
3- How old were they when they started dating?
4- Does Garfield understand, learned, speak Perdita's mother tongue?
5- How old are they as of December 2018?
6- Have they said I Love You to each other already? Has any of them said I Love You to the other?
Thank you so much for having such a good boy like Gar date such a treasure of a girl like Perdita. Nightmare Monkeys has to be my favorite episode of the first half of season 3. I hope there's more Gardita goodness in the coming episodes :)
Was Nabu more permissive when Kent Nelson was his host? I mean, in Denial it is said that Inza convinced Kent to leave the Helmet behind right? But to do so, Kent would have needed more freedom or have tricked Nabu (or both). Then, Nabu spent 65 years in the Helmet, unable to manifest in the physical realm, right? And I supoose that (and the return of Klarion) were the reasons why Nabu took over Zataraâs body the way he did, granting almost no freedom to his new host (1 hour per year? Really Nabu?)
So, what Iâm trying to ask (sorry for the english, Iâm brazilian) is:
1. In the JSA era, was Kent able to take off the helmet when Doctor Fate wasnât needed and then put it on again when necessary?
2.Did Nabu trusted Kent until the âbetrayalâ and only then became this way?
1. Was Lex Luthor ever friends with Superman?
2. When did Superman and Lex Luthor first clashed?
Hi Greg, I was wondering what the idea for a timejump between season 1 and 2 came from? I surmised by the end of season 1 the idea of the show was to watch the heroes grow up, but then cut to season 2 and the original heroes all grew up during the timejump.
Loving Outsiders so far. The Harper bros were a delight I didn't even know I needed.
* Is there any way to show the DC executives the support for this show while living outside (heh) of the US?
* Would watching Titans on Netflix help you, maybe?
* Any idea if DC plans to open their site worldwide, or release YJ s3 on Netflix too? I'd like to help, I want more.
1. So I get the qualities Thailog inherited from Goliath and Xanatos but what do you think he got from Sevarius? Sorry if this is obvious but I just don't see it, is that why he might hold Sevarius in less regard than he does his other "fathers"?
2. Do you think Thailog holds Brentwood in more regard because he joined him of his own free will? Will he grant him more responsibilities like Xanatos does with Owen or will he get someone else to fulfill that role?
3. What does Thailog think about immortality? On the one hand I could see him being like Xanatos on the other I could see him adopt Nightstone Unlimited as a pseudo clan and achieve immortality that way maybe both? Great villain by the way so much like Xanatos and Goliath and yet so different at the same time.
I just saw the fun radio plays and I have a few questions, I know these are mostly what ifs scenarios but regardless thank you for creating them, a wonderful way to keep these shows alive.
1. Do the Crown of Thorns and Spear of Destiny have different abilities? It was unclear to me if one amplified the other or if they had the same ones and they both gained more power in proximity. If it is not too much trouble could you clarify what these artifacts powers are?
2. Don't know if this means anything but Xanatos and Tombstone have the rank of 36 while Chameleon and Martin Hacker are 35 and 32 respectively. Is this because the Illuminanti do not trust the formers as much as the latters but still value them as potential assets down the line?
3. When Demona joined the Light do you think she would have also taken over the League of Shadows? Very interesting how she knows both Vandal Savage and Ra's Al Ghul, it seems like all the immortals keep in contact with each other regardless of what universe they share.
4. Is Vandal Savage being a Cro Magnon or a Neanderthal means that Demona would consider him an exception to her kill all humans rule? I know this is Demona we are talking about but they seem cordial enough.
5. And finally would the Light and the Illuminati consider each other competitors or partners? For some reason I don't think Vandal Savage would take orders from someone younger then him nor would Peredur Duval or Fleur feel comfortable with another agenda that precedes their own :)
1. When was Morgause born in the Gargoyles universe?
2. When was Lancelot born in the Gargoyles universe?
3. When was Guinevere born in the Gargoyles universe?
4. When was Morgana Le Fay born in the Gargoyles universe?
5. If their birthdates have not been formed yet Do you know at least how far about they are born from Arthur? Would Lancelot and and Guinevere be about a few years apart, and Morgana and Morgause five to ten years? I know this seem to be nitpicking but one thing I have always appreciated about your works is the passage of time and consequence it makes it feel more like the real one if that makes sense.
Hello, huge fan of your work, i have rewatched the first 13 episodes of Young Justice Outsiders 6 times over as i write this. I wanted to know, why is Greg Cipes voicing Beast Boy? Now i am a big fan of his and of course the his previous work as Beast Boy.
But i wonder what happened to Logan Grove, did he not want to reprise the role? Or was he to busy with other work? or was it already planned to have Greg come in and do the voice?
Hello Mr. Greg! I would like to start of by saying that you are very admirable in your dedication not only to previous works but also to fans, as seen in keeping up this page. You're an amazing storyteller and as an author, I admire you greatly.
My question actually pertains to your series Gargoyles, which I have been bingeing non-stop recently. I saw in another ask that some gargoyles use weapons while others don't(ie Hudson). If you had to give each member of the Wyvern Clan weapons, what would they be and why?
Why does Garfield Logan choose not to have freckles on his face in young justice outsiders ?
Is it a running gag to kill of Wally West in every show he appears in? lol Was his character created just to die?
I know you probably get a lot of W.I.T.C.H. questions but as a fan of the show since I was a kid watching it on Jetix I have to ask were there any plans for a third season of the show before it got canned.
I know I heard somewhere a main storyline in the third season would've been about the girls' friends and families discovering their secrets and it would continue being a lot more darker in tone. I would love to at least hear some of what would have gone down.
Just a clarification: You responded on November 27, 2012 to a question in which you indicated Joker had indeed been Red Hood and 'transformed' ten years before season one, and yet in response to a similar question in 2016 waved the notion of him having even been the Red Hood away as "facts not in evidence". Could you clarify then which it is if thats ok? Thanks!
I watched your shows over the years and I notice how you seem to make your characters racially diverse. Do you have some kind of agenda when you do this?
Just some questions about Superman
1.- How close is he to Captain Marvel?
We know he tried to get to him because he thought he might be a kryptonian. But now that, that is settled, did he lose interest in Billy?
Hey greg It saddens me the fact that you will only read this in lik 3 years. I guess this will be a time capsule of sorts. But I jus wanted to take the time and state my admiration of your writting.
I honestly believe you're a very underrated writter. Yes you've been head of many shows.
But I think, big studios haven't fully apreciated your talents.
For example, how Dc comics ia losing big time by not hiring you as lead of their cinematic universe. People love the MCU, but I think that your tv shows have better writting than anything marvel has ever done on cinema.
If I were a big sstudio executive I would have you as lead writer of my franchise or movie universe and not just as freelancer you hire now and then. They would be earning millions.
I played fate go, the mobile game, and Nasu reminded me a lot of you in writing style (except he likes fanservice a lot more). Shakespeare is even playable in that game!
Probably the biggest think that is holding you back is the fact that you, unlike masu, don't own those franchises (hopefully rain will be your big success).
You changed the way I view stories, and taught me a lot by reading your answers and watching your shows.
I just want to thank you for sharing your talent with all of us. Thank you.
1. When did Batwoman become a super-heroine on Earth 16?
2. When did Katana become a super-heroine on Earth 16?
3. When did Metomorpho became a super-hero on Earth 16?
4. When did Hardware become a super-hero on Earth 16?
5. When did Ice become a super-heroine on Earth 16?
Some questions about Mary Batson!
1.-You've mentioned the concept of"core truth of several characters and even wrote one for nightwing.
To clarify: Not asking for the spoiler of how you will depict her. Just the core truth that would remain even outside earth 16.
I'm a huge fan of your work and I would love to read your take on her.
2.- Do you think that she has the potential to be as popular as supegirl?
You've mentioned before you want to do justice to Supergirl, but Mary I think is very underated.(even though Billy getting more popular has helped her too)
3.- Did you avoid the name "mary marvel" to avoid the obvious drawback of her hero name giving away her secret identity?
4.-Is she empowered by the classic 6 female goddess? or the same 6 gods that empower Billy?
I personally love her in part because she was one the first strong superheores around. She was created in the 40s and in her first appearnce she rescued the two male leads And got to be her own hero. She even had her own comic!
While supergirl was thrown to an orphanage and prohibited to user her powers, or show up at all in public, by superman. Even inviisble woman, and Jean grey were glorified damsels in distress in their first appeareances.
I think she might also be the first example of a magical girl, in the japanese sailor moon sense.
she was one of the first magical girls in the japanese sense (she predates sailor moon) if you consider how she can :
a)transform to use powers via magic
b)Even had a talking mascot (twany)
c)Uses powers to fight evil
Now with a good writer like you, this makes me exited to see your depiction of her!
Hey greg I have a question for Young Justice.
1.- How did you resist temptation of using A-listers?
Say, you could've easily used very popular character like Supergirl or Starfire since season 1. Same for villains. You could've just used Deathstroke instead of sportsmaster.
But instead you decided to make obscure characters (for tv fans), like Halo, and Miss Martian (whom is also going to be part of a dcau movie in no small part thanks to you guys making her popular) more well known.
Halo is a prime example. She was A C-lister. Now a lot of people love her.
Still I think the temptation to use material that is already A-material, instead of making it A-material is there.
2.-How do you resist the temptation of making heroes super powerful.
This is something I've defended you a lot, as a lot of fans think you're disrespectful for not making their favorite hero superpowerful.
I think it's brilliant how you Make your villains more competent than most creators. Even in comics it seems like a comptetion on who can make the most Over Powered character for comic fans to fight.
Superman (in current comic canon) can still lift the weight of the planet and survive in the sun. Yours couldn't even break the walls of Belle Reve (as Waller said)
Wonder Woman in a comic is the goddess of truth and even has bulletproof skin in injustice.
Flash can beat instant teleportation
And so on...
If Anything, I think the only ones that get more powerful in your shows are the villains.
Where did my life go wrong? Anyway, I hope whoever is reading this has a good day, btw HI REDDIT ð'
Ugh... sorry about these trolls asking stupid questions, by the the way have you noticed that the brain ignores the second âtheâ anyway what do you think of my username Greg?
Yo whats up greg my guy howâs life brother anyway young justice is a good show your book is awesome keep up the good work bro alright you know what I mean ð'ð'ð'ðð³ðð³ð³ð…±ï¸ð…±ï¸ð'ð'ð' shred it homie
If superboy hadnât became a mechanic, what job would he be doing?
did you know that your show is awesome?
After seeing the mid-season finale of Young Justice: Outsiders, I only have one important question for the second half of the season: Are you going to let Tara Markov live OR is she going to die?
The reason I am asking is this: If it is the former, I feel that this will allow Tara to atone for whatever she does against the heroes and then become a true hero in future seasons. If it is the latter, I would honestly be disappointed; especially if it is revealed that she will be irredeemable form the very beginning.
Why did Steve Dayton let miss martian take Garfield to live with her after rita farr died ?
1. Did Queen Bee fought against the Justice Leage before joining the Light?
2. Did Vandal interacted with Lex Luthor prior to creating the Light?
3. When did Ra's Al Ghul found out Batman's secret identity?
4. Did Vandal Savage worked with either Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan during World War 2?
Hi Greg, First all I want to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the first half of season 3 and look forward to the next half the season and any potential future seasons a well. I have a few questions concerning the dynamic and relationships between team members as well as some miscellaneous questions about various characters and choices about the show.
1.) What made you guys choose Earth-16 specifically as the setting for YJ. Is there something special about this number? Just curious.
2.) The next is a question that concerns the OG Team members from season 1 and including of the other team members that had been on it since almost the beginning (i.e. Batgirl, Zatanna, Rocket, Tempest) After this much time, It seems that they are all really good friends. Do they visit each other periodically when not on missions. How often? Do they ever make the effort to plan group events where they all just hangout? I imagine that it happens much more sparingly given that they are all grown and their lives are a lot more busy.
3.) Can you give us some ideas what certain team members do on their free time? I'm namely again talking about the OG Team, but current team members seems interesting too. You can pick whichever one comes easiest to you because I know that that's a lot of members and a lot to ask for but any of them would be appreciated.
4.) I'm also curious about Will and his particular fixation on finding the original Roy Harper as opposed to Jim. It's implied that during the time-skip between year 1 and year 6 that Will had spent much of that time (when not on drugs) following up on leads to find him. By the time we see him in Season 2 Roy still seems to be very obsessed with this, but Jim seems to have moved on. So with that I ask, how invested was Jim invested in finding his genetic template? And why exactly is Will seemingly so much more interested in finding his genetic template than his "brother". Is it because Will was actually made to believe that he was Roy Harper all along? When did Jim actually meet Roy? Do the three of them ever visit on occasion or for the most part they don't really communicate at all? They seem to all be on pretty good terms with one another.
5.) How old is Forager in terms of both Earth years and New Genesis years.
I know that's a lot of questions. But I'd appreciate it you answered any of them.
Hey Greg! First off, you are killing season 3 of YJ, and I'm currently working on my 4th binge of the first half. Nightmare Monkeys is my favorite episode of the first half, but I do have a question... During the Doom Patrol Go! Sequence is that to imply that Gar did have a Doom Patrol team or was it just supposed to be the dream sequence parody that let's us know Rita adopted him and then died sometime after?
Hi Greg! I just wanted to let you know that I'm so happy to have YJ back. The first half of season 3 exceeded my already astronomical expectations and I appreciate all th thought that you and Brandon put into give us one of the best (and my favorite) versions of the DC universe. I just have one question- Did Artemis finish college? Or did she decide to full time hero?
In young justice outsiders episode 12 nightmare monkeys Why did Garfield Logan say he had no choose leave M'gann and go to live his stepdad when in fact m'gann wanted to keep being legal guardian of Garfield Logan ?
Was garfirld living with rita farr or miss martian when his power to change into animals appeared ?
What are wonder girl's abilities?
Who is aware of cassie sandsmark's parentage ? Does she have a relationship with any of her half siblings
this isn't a question but i love the comic issue where you show mgann and superboy visiting the Logan's
Will Kaldur get more screentime in season 3 of Young Justice? Considering he's a main character like Nightwing but he, nor any other originals, hasn't been seen a lot. Or at all. I would like to see him included in the plot more. And Zatanna and Raquel.
Hello! A big fan of your work here. The WITCH series was a part of my childhood Iâll always remember. I have several questions concerning this show (mainly the old generation):
1. How old were the previous Guardians when Nerissa cracked, Cassidy died and everything went downhill? Were they the same age?
2. Did you have some last names in mind when creating the characters or they were always simply Nerissa, Halinor, etc?
3. How was the disappearance of Cassidy/Nerissa explained to the public (their relatives, friends)?
If motherboxes have souls then does Red Tornado have a soul as well?
How common are demigods like Cassie S on Earth 16? Are they rarer than Metahumans, or common enough that you could get practice for a potential Rick Riordan animated series with them (I.E, enough for books of them). Do they come in non-Greek flavors?
Vapor lock on the team in young justice
Natasha iron should get superpower to join the team
Could we have a green lantern protege on the team
1. Is's Vandal's Savage name, a translation from his old language or one he chose himself? Does he have a true name to refer to himself? It must be exhausting being known by so many names over the years?
2. When Savage was talking to Lex Luthor about leaguers who could of stopped the Starro invasion why didn't he mention Dr. Fate as an option?
3. Has Vandal Savage aged ever since he touched the meteorite even if it is incrementally?
4. Do the Justice League know that he is immortal or anything about his past?
We know that Children of Oberon and humans can have children among them (Fox is the greatest example), while gargoyles and humans can not reproduce:
1. My question is this: Could a Gargoyle and a Children of Oberon together conceive a child in a supposed relationship?... after all the living nature of the "fairies" is strange
Thank you very much and forgive the inconvenience
Can the other marvel make an appearance
Can the team have a green lantern protege join the team
Huge fan of Young Justice here and love everything that you guys have done. Watching Evolution has raised a couple of questions in my mind that I hope you can clarify.
1. Is Vandal Savage's daughter Ishtar the same "being" as the goddess worshiped in Mesopotamia or was she a human just named after the goddess?
2. If she was indeed worshiped (or became part of the Mesopotamian myths), is it safe to assume that on Earth-16 the other gods in the Mesopotamian pantheon are just metas/influential humans?
3. If the above is true for the Mesopotamian pantheon, does it also apply to the other pantheons on Earth (like the Greek one)?
Really hope we get to see the Themyscira of Earth-16 someday. Keep up the great work! can't wait for the second half of the season!
Mister Greg before young justice season 3 was cancel did you intend to interduce the monkey god being connected to beast boy's power to change into animals or was the monkey god a idea that was thought of whey you learn that you were going get a season three for young justice ?
DURING THE TIME OF YOUNG JUSTICE OUTSIDERS WHEN GARFIELD AND QUEEN PERDITA WERE DATING DID THEY BELIVE THAT SOME DAY IN THE future THEY WOULD GET MARRIRD ?
1. Why did Vandal Savage/the Light choose to include Ocean Master in their ranks? The others seemed straight forward but his inclusion always confused me unless I am missing something obvious.
2. Is there a reason the Brain was chosen to be the Light's first science representative over Ultra Humanite? Was the Brain smarter or had a different science speciality that the Light required?
3. Why did the Light need Professor Ivo in Insecurity when the Brain and Klarion seemed to do most of the work on the starro-tech?
Just one Question for Young Justice Season 3:
Is Billy Batson Captain Marvel or Shazam now?
hey I was wondering are you gonna introduce mark logan anytime soon
Is Vandal Savage's son Nabu the same entity as the Lord of Order Nabu, or just his first host (or one of the first)?
Couple of questions about Young Justice.
1. Is what Monkey said about Gar's powers being magical in nature true, or just his mind making stuff up, again given what Monkey said about Gar filling in blanks like Monkey having Wally's voice?
2. For that matter, is the whole monkey god thing true?
3. How long was Orphan active as a vigilante prior to "Triptych"?
4. Going back to "Fireworks", when everyone is about to head up the elevator to escape, Robin uses a grapnel while Superboy grabs Aqualad and attempts to fly. As for Kid Flash, all we saw of him was that he jumped to a ledge, and the next we see of him they're on Sublevel 15, about 27 levels higher than where they started, if my memory serves. So how did Wally get up there? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, it's just something that's always bugged me about the scene and I could never find an answer online.
5. Going back to "Nightmare Monkeys", (sorry that I'm jumping all over the place, these questions are popping into my mind as I type), Paul Sloane stated that he was Gar's godfather and that Rita Farr was his godmother. After Marie died, was there a specific reason why Gar went to Rita over Paul? For that matter, why would Gar go with M'Gann after Rita died? Did Paul just come to an understanding with Rita and M'Gann or was there something else going on?
Sorry if most of these questions are too spoilery, but I felt it couldn't hurt to ask. Loving the new season so far. Here's to Season 4!
Was "Exceptional Human Beings" Batman's first encounter with Bane?
Was there a particular reason you decided to have Bane stop using Venom?
Why did Kent Nelson stop wearing the helmet and put it away unused for years? Didn't he care about stopping magical threats even if he did not want to be Doctor Fate anymore?
1. Is Aqualad as strong as Aquaman or is he just as strong as the average Atlantean?
2. Can Aqualad or any other Atlantean who uses sorcery do what Lagoon Boy's sub skill of inflating himself? Would it manifest the same way or different for the more humanoid Atlanteans?
3. Does Blubber have a speciality in Atlantean sorcery or is hard water constructs that is the norm?
4. Does King Shark use sorcery or he just stronger than average?
5. Not looking for a hard number but do you know how many Atlanteans there are in terms of population? Is it in the thousands, hundred thousands, millions, etc...
6. Not a question just wanted to say thanks for creating Young Justice, best animated show of all time!
1. Do the League of Shadows masks with three dots on one side one on the other have any functions depending on what eye it is on? If not they still look really cool.
2. Is Ra's Al Ghul's name actually his or is it just a title?
3. Is League of Shadows also known as the League of Assassins on Earth 16?
4. When was the League of Shadows formed on Earth 16?
Hi Greg! I've been loving s3 so far, especially "Exceptional Human Beings". I noticed that there's something off with Jade in that episode, but I guess I'll have to wait and see what's gonna happen in the second half of the season. Anyway, I just wanted to know:
1) After Jade helped Will to find Roy, and did other good things for her sister (like helping her with the intel) and him, Do you think Cheshire should be considered an anti-hero instead of villain?
2) Did she give Will the idea to start a company or help him in any way?
Hey Greg! I was wondering what is up with Mento's accent/speech impediment? Is this just the way he talks or is there something else to it?
In nightmare monkey we saw a pic of Rita gar and Marie is there any chance we see an episode around that
Now that Wally is gone (he better come back to be with Artemis and Brucely again) I can't help to think all these couples are getting what it should have been Spitfire's.
Superboy and Miss M get engaged, which is something Wally and Artemis would have stepped into at some point for sure.
Nightwing and Barbara (along with SB and Miss M) got a suggestive scene at home.
Black Lightning and Dr. Jace got an after sex scene.
What did Wally and Artemis got? He is missing somewhere (he isn't gone and certainly he is not dead) and Artemis looks lovingly and longingly at a picture of them and Brucely every morning :( I'm sad...
Is there any way for the league, the team or anyone to bring Wally back?
Are we gonna see Mary and Rudy West at all before Season 3 ends?
Is Artemis still in contact with Wally's parents? I like to think she is like a daughter or political daughter to them.
I miss Wally and I miss Artemis and Wally together so badly!!
1- Did Artemis lose her virginity to Cameron?
2- Are Artemis and Cameron still friends?
3- If they aren't friends, at least are they on good terms, like Cam is with Superboy?
4- I imagine Cam loves being a villain, but do you think he has potential to redeem himself and be on the good guys side? Could he be an anti-hero type of character someday?
I hope Cameron assists one way or another to Conner and M'gann's wedding. I've always been a fan of the Icicle characters and I'd like to see Cam more. Thank you for having him on YJ along with Artemis!!
I love the Gardita relationship!! Thank you so much for creating such nice couple between two incredibly loved characters! I love them very much! Please don't let anything bad happen to this couple. You already destroyed my biggest OTP (One True Pairing) Spitfire D> Don't let Gardita suffer please!!!
What's Perdita and Garfield's birthdays if you don't mind asking?
How long have been Gar and Perdita together?
I'm really hoping they'll get married one day.
01. How old is Silas Stone?
02. How old is Casey Klebba?
03. How old is Dale Gunn?
04. How old is Simon Stagg?
05. How old is Shade?
Having watched the first half of season 3, I can honestly say that the writing on Young Justice is as sharp as ever. As always, some episodes like "Evolution" and "Nightmare Monkeys" are better than others, but that's going to be true of any show.
However, I recently re-watched "Depths" from season 2, and I have to say that the quality of the animation on Outsiders is just not at the level of the animation on seasons one and two. What would account for this? Is your budget smaller? Did you switch animation houses? Or, do you not agree with the premise of my question?
Don't get me wrong. I think the animation is okay. It's just not as good as prior seasons.
Hi Greg I have two question that I hope haven't been asked before.
1: Am wondering while making Young Justice season 3 you ever think about Artemis and Dick hooking up ? Like a one night stand type thing.
2: Believe you said Artemis lost her virginity when she was around 14. Know how old any of the other characters we're when they lost theirs ?
Was it batman who created the special eye contacts like in the like did the new 52? And isn't batman the most dangerous man in the world and one of the smartest?
I'm going out and say this whether or not this actually happens or not when Young Justice: Outsiders returns from hiatus; we know that Tara is evil, but how and why? My theory is this: When Tara was kidnapped, Slade Wilson probably told her about her true origins; that her supposed mother is not her real mother and Tara was born from an affair between her father and her real mother. Assuming that something happened to her real mother (a cover-up), Tara become bitter and approved of the murder of her father and step-mother. Whether this hatred also extends to her half-brothers is unclear. Now I think that Tara will be suspected of being associated with the Light, but there will probably be no hard evidence and Brion will always be in Tara's defense. This would hurt Brion's relationship with Violent as well. By the time Tara's true colors are revealed, Brion will probably be in denial; even after Tara admits to everything. Finally, I think that Tara will die in the second half of the season; her death would probably turn Brion evil (swearing vengeance at those responsible) and her actions are what probably part of what sets off the future that Bart Allen comes from.
DID GARFIRLD LEAVE THE TEAM IN 2016 OR IN 2017 IN YOUNG JUSTICE TIMELINE ?
Did Garfield fell out of place being with the doom patrol because he had no powers at that time ?
in the comics conner Kent, tim drake and Bart Allen are best friends
In the TV series Young Justice are not they?
Do you think that in the future they will become good friends as in their comics counterparts?
What the hell happened to the Terror Twins? They look so old.
1. How old is Mongul ?
2. How old is Lobo ?
3. How old was Olympia Savage ?
4. How old is Steel
5. How old is Metamorpho ?
1. Did the Terror Twins and Devastation lose some of their strength over the years? They directly hit Nightwing and Black Lightning and both they recovered from it like it was a normal blow, did they become weaker or am I missing something?
2. I am a bit confused about Halo's color abilities mainly because I can't tell if her Violet and Indigo powers are different or the same because they looked very similar in terms of color. Could you clarify if they are different abilities or just the same one?
3. Also did her light ability against Shade a White or Blue color, it was kinda of hard to tell on the lighting.
1. Is there a reason the Light waited so long to replace Ocean Master with Black Manta? They seemed replace Ra's Al Ghul and the Brain in a much shorter period is there some reason they moved quicker this time?
2. Have they ever thought of increasing their ranks like the Justice League has done?
3. Has Gretchen Goode/Granny Goodness taken Black Manta's place on the light or is that specific seat more utilitarian than the others?
4. Did Sportsmaster ever want to be on the Light like Deathstroke eventually did?
In "Another Freak", Violet is complaining she feels weird. My first instinct was that she was having her period. There's a certain logic to that, right? Halo/Violet has scant memory of her life as Gabrielle, so it stands to reason she wouldn't know about menstruation. But, I was thinking, would Greg & Brandon really go there?
So, my question is: was this a deliberate fake-out on your part? Was that the initial conclusion you want the audience to draw? Or, are some of us reading too much into this?
Hey Greg, what happened to Lagoon Boy? Did he retire after Kaldur became Aquaman?
While I adored both the first and second seasons of Young Justice, and I have gone on to enjoy many parts of the third, I have to say that as of right now, I am very disappointed with what I've seen so far of Outsiders. Please know that I mean absolutely no disrespect to you, Brandon, the writers, the crew, or the actual show, but I feel this needs to be said.
I have watched all thirteen available episodes (by the time you get to this ask, I'm more than sure the second half of the season will have already aired in its entirety and you'll be well on your way into making the fourth season *fingers crossed!*) and the show has yet to come through in the ways I -- and many, many others -- had hoped it would prior to the season's airing. By the time you read this, I hope my complaints will have already been resolved and you can tell me I should have been patient and waited for the whole thing to air, in which I would agree. Fair enough.
But as of right now my complaints are still very valid and I would very much appreciate you addressing them, if possible. (Honestly, chances are you have already addressed these issues by the time you read this, if not in the actual show then on your Twitter page or in an interview. If so, I am sorry for wasting your time with a subject you've already gone on to spend a great deal of time on, but if not, here we go.
The pure lack of LGBT+ representation is, frankly, appalling.
I mean no disrespect, but it is 2019 for crying out loud. Men can marry men and women can marry women; boys can dance with boys and girls can dance with girls at their high school proms; those of us that are non-binary can express such freely and openly, when with the right crowd.
You have gone on record saying that LGBT+ people exist on Earth-16; you've gone on record saying that there have even been LGBT+ members of the Team and yet, still, after thirteen full episodes AND a twenty-page comic story where you COULD HAVE represented LGBT+ people, you've failed to showcase even ONE character and/or relationship of the sort. All of the while finding the time in these very crowded episodes and comic for not one, not two, but THREE new straight couples.
There's Garfield Logan and Queen Perdita. Then there's Helga Jace and Jefferson Pierce. And then finally Prince Brion Markov and Violet Harper.
And that's not even counting the suggestion of a relationship between Will and Artemis. Or the hinting that Bear and Dreamer have become exclusive, which would pretty much go against everything the New Gods (Bear himself, specifically, if memory serves) had preached to Conner about them finding satisfaction when they all come together as one back in the first season, which I thought was a pretty interesting way to sneak in the idea of them all being in one big polyamorous relationship. Which would have been SO COOL and SO PROGRESSIVE for a show back then to do.
The one -- ONE -- actual confirmed LGBT+ character you've ever had on the show in its entirety, not just Season Three, was then killed BECAUSE of said-sexuality. The sexuality-in-question, might I add, that we don't even get to know for certain, as when you were asked if she was a lesbian or just bisexual, you simply commented "Yes," as if there wasn't a distinguishable difference between the two in the long run, which just simply isn't the case.
And that's not even really a confirmation since it's plainly just Word-of-God in the grand scheme of things, rather than canon content that was stated out-loud or depicted, either on-screen or on-panel, in the comic. (I know that you weren't allowed to acknowledge it out-loud or in writing back then, so I'm not arguing on that. But you deciding to make her the ONLY LGBT+ character we ever got to see and then having her said-only character killed later in the same comic issue? Not only is it near-downright insulting, but it also fails to come across as anything other than a cheap and thoughtless try at representation.
(And with you and Brandon both going on about how you wanted to include an accurate representation of the world with a diverse cast, the pure lack of LGBT+ representation justs adds insult to injury.)
You've had significant time with Kaldur, who you hinted may not be entirely straight. And, yes, during most of that time with him you couldn't have genuinely acknowledged it either way in-show or out, but with Season Three, there is simply no such excuse. You've got the Brain and Monsieur Mallah, who, I'll admit, wouldn't exactly be my first choices for representation under any circumstances, but they still qualify. You've got Wonder Woman, who, albeit, wasn't confirmed bisexual until after YJ had finished its first two seasons.
But since the start of S3, the show has introduced us to Batwoman, a very prominent lesbian character on-par with Batman and the rest of the Bat-family; the show has given us a cameo of Renee Montoya; and, most recently, the show has given us the gay, married couple of Casey Klebba and Dale Gunn. Both of whom were in the same scene together with speaking lines and still -- STILL -- not even an ounce of content.
You've even introduced Harper Row, who I can't help but guess was only added to the character roster simply for the Harper-confusion joke. I'm hoping she will lead to actual, on-screen LGBT+ content in the next half of the season since that was one of her and her brother's most defining stories from the comics, but I'm no longer getting my hopes up.
And while I know you made no promises of actually having LGBT+ content in the third season, which I won't fault you for nor should anyone else, you KNEW you had a very large, very apparent LGBT+ fanbase. If you knew people were hopeful, don't string them along. If you honestly didn't have any LGBT+ content in store for us, just say so -- lest you be accused of queerbaiting down the line, and while it wouldn't be the case in technical terms in your case, it can still turn many, many fans against you.
Young Justice has and, up until I'm proven wrong, will always be a heteronormative show. The first season's finale got that message across loud and clear, with the second season's finale hammered it in, after you plopped in the surprise, secret romances of not one, but TWO more straight couples in the already-vast sea of straight couples. First, there was Virgil's surprise that Tye and Asami had gotten together, even though we got absolutely zero screentime showing anything of the sort, and was only included because, to you and Brandon, it "Felt right."
Then there's Tim and Cassie, who spent all five seconds of screentime together prior, with them only exchanging a conversation once. (Who then promptly leave each other's sides and enter a fight we're apparently meant to care about less than ten on-screen minutes later, in S3.)
And, now, Young Justice: Outsiders is pulling the same tricks but in a far worse fashion. The twelfth episode alone -- an episode all about Garfield going through nothing but hell, living through every trauma he's ever faced and then some, including the death of his LGBT+ mother, mind you -- ends with him kissing his girlfriend SECONDS AFTER recovering from nearly ending up catatonic. Because of hormones, or something.
Never mind the fact that he'd just rewatched many of his friends' deaths all over again, relived BOTH of his mothers' deaths, AND just realized that his boss -- someone who helped found a META-HUMAN YOUTH CENTER -- was using the Goode Goggles to abduct potential meta-teens and was continuously doing so, all over the country.
But, hey, let me make out with my girlfriend real quick first, right next to my sister and her fiance of the opposite sex, who then promptly make out as well, and just NOT rush to tell the proper authorities, the Justice League, the Team, or the Outsiders about ANY of this until after we're done showing just how straight we are to the audience.
I know this may come off as rude, critical, and/or entitled, but it is truly not what I wish for you to take away from this. Again, I mean no disrespect and do love -- LOVE -- many aspects of the third season, but some of the more recently established relationships and the actions that result from those relationships are the weakest links of an otherwise fantastic show.
I know I may be way off the mark/way too impatient and you actually ARE setting up stories with LGBT+ characters and relationships for the second half of S3, big or small.
If that's the case, I am truly sorry for wasting your time.
But I feel this needed to be said, and while I believe you already know this, I'll say it anyway for the other readers on this site: hinting that a character is LGBT+ off-screen (i.e. in a Tweet or an interview or something) does not adequately represent LGBT+ people at all. Either say it out loud and on-screen/on-panel or just, you know, show it on-screen/on-panel -- otherwise, what do you actually accomplish besides later being able to cry wolf and say that you had LGBT+ characters on-screen and therefore cannot be accused of NOT having them?
Once again, I'm sorry if this came across as critical and/or insulting to you, Brandon, your team of amazing writers/animators/voices, etc., but I promise you all that was not my intent in the slightest, and I hope when you get the time to respond to this (assuming it makes it to you, which I hope it does) it will be to say that I just jumped the shark, so to speak, a little too soon and that LGBT+ characters are all over the second half of S3, confirmed on-screen. It would be amazing, if so.
If not, though, then I would greatly, greatly appreciate an honest answer of why you and Brandon still haven't shown LGBT+ characters/relationships on-screen or on-panel, despite having no restrictions preventing you.
Having watched Young Justice for all of its currently aired episodes, I can't help but feel that the quality seems to be going down every season. Season 3 is so unfocused and I had the same problem with season 2 as compared to season 1. You seem to be juggling too many characters and as a result not doing justice to any. Why haven't you kept the focus on a set of characters instead of trying to include every DC character for a couple of seconds apiece? I feel very let down by the treatment of characters like Zatanna and especially Wally. You pitched Wally as a main character and then gave him no story arc and killed him off. I really was very angry at that. Why didn't you give Wally a more meaningful storyline before killing him off and why has the focus been so scattered in season 3?
How old is Katana in YJ: Outsiders?
Hopefully you are feeling generous when you get this, are there any events during the time skips between Season One and Two and Season Two through Season Three that you could give away like a preview or a tagline? I remember something similar to this. "This day in Gargoyles History", and I don't expect anything as detailed as that, but it would help with the timeline on the Young Justice wiki and add some context to what the Team did during that time to become who they are today.
1. At the end of the Rock of Age Peredur mentioned he was going to call a meeting of the upper echelons. Up to what levels/ranks was he make up the upper echelons? Are there other echelons as well?
2. Do ranks in the IIlluminati mean anything or is it at a certain level that it's semantics in terms of their role? I only ask because Blanchefleur was a three and it seemed like she should be a two since she is the wife of Peredur.
3. Thanks for creating Gargoyles and developing Young Justice they really are unique works of art and they bring great joy to me and my friends, I hope Young Justice gets picked up for more seasons and Gargoyles comes back as well!
Do Conner and M'gann treat Jonathan (Lois and Clark's son) as their nephew?
I know you likely get flooded with questions/pleas for a continuation for many of your works, and with the return of Young Justice, that seems to have stricken wishful thinking to many, myself included. The DC Animated Universe (DCAU) had similar scenarios in which storylines were continued via comics in otherwise discontinued mediums, but I digress.
Onto the question: do you believe there's even the faintest possibility that any of your works could be continued via comics, novels, or anything at all?
1. Have you been contacted by Disney, Monkeypaw or Jordan Peele about a potential feature film for GARGOYLES?
2. Do you have legal representation for your writing/executive producing services? If not, would you be interested in legal representation to help attach you to said project?
1. How old is Victor Stone/Cyborg?
2. How old is Silas Stone?
3. How old is Cassandra Savage?
4. How old is Orphan?
5. How old is Kalibak?
As of season 3 of how tall are the following characters?
Thank you for making season 3 I'm loving it so far!
I watched YJ episode 9 of season 3 and towards the end of the episode the light refers to nightwing by his real name. I understand that many of the other heroes don't take the same precaution to hiding their identity but the batkids are so secretive and Batman treasures his identity so they take extra precaution when maintaining it. Does this mean they also know Batman's identity? If they know the identities of nightwing and some of the other heroes why don't they expose them to the media and other people??? BTW I am so glad its back.
Vandal Savage was Marduk?! I think most of us in the audience assumed that Tula's presence as a Non-Player Character (NPC) in YJ: Legacy meant that her death would be part of the story line, but the fact! That her conclusion! That she had to sacrifice her life because MARDUK! THE IMMORTAL! VANDAL MARDUK IMMORTAL DEMIGOD SAVAGE! "sacrificed" his so-called "life!" is just... exquisitely painful. I hate it, but only because I love it. Way to reward the obsessives who must have every single piece of the story. Mostly I feel bad for Garth and Kaldur and the rest of the Aquapeople.
(Speaking of, thank you for Home Fires confirming that Mera and Orin's son is still alive. I have wondered about that on and on off ever since Downtime aired.)
As for questions:
1. How old was Olympia Savage when she was killed?
2. Did Olympia inherit the metagene?
3. Will we ever know who, exactly, read the part with the bear? (I'm kidding. I think.)
1. How long has Katana been a member of the Justice League as of July 3rd, Team Year Eight?
2. How long has Steel been a member of the Justice League as of July 3rd, Team Year Eight?
1. How long has Aquaman (Kaldurâahm) been a member of the Justice League as of July 3rd, Team Year Eight?
2. How long has Batwoman been a member of the Justice League as of July 3rd, Team Year Eight?
3. How long has Fire been a member of the Justice League as of July 3rd, Team Year Eight?
4. How long has Hardware been a member of the Justice League as of July 3rd, Team Year Eight?
5. How long has Ice been a member of the Justice League as of July 3rd, Team Year Eight?
Long-time fan of Young Justice here and beyond thrilled with Season 3 (although I'm bracing myself for the end-of-season after how you guys ended Season 2). Wanted to ask a quick question -- as someone who's last name is Tseng and who's also Taiwanese, I couldn't help but notice that you've used Taipei/Taiwan as a location and even had the last name Tseng as the UN Secretary General (however ineffectual because of the machinations of the Light...). Have you spent any time in Taiwan / know Taiwanese people (or people with last name Tseng)?
Keep up the amazing work! Thanks!
Before asking questions, Mr. Greg, I wanna say that I hope Young Justice won't turn into a Batfam or Superfam show on the future. I know I'm a minority on this, but I don't find the inclusion of Demian and the revival of Jason interesting nor appealing. I don't know what crossed your mind to make the decision, but I think is lazy. I apologize if I'm being rude or I'm saying stuff you don't wanna hear.
Now to the questions:
1- Are we going to see more of Artemis mourning, missing Wally?
2- Are we going to see M'gann missing Wally?
3- How did Garfield's life changed so much in 2 years?
4.a- Where is Icicle Jr. at? 4.b- Are we gonna Cameron/Icicle Jr. this season?
5- Are you ever gonna stop killing Halo?
6- Is there a reason for you to kill Halo several times, that doesn't involve the liberty to apply more violence that you have now?
7- Are we gonna ever see Batwoman in action on the show and see her interact with others?
8- Does Lucas Carr live next to Conner and M'gann,or does he live with them?
9- Is Jason Spisak going to voice another character in Outsiders that isn't Forager?
10- Is Dick acting so poorly due to Wally being ceaced?
11- Are you trolling the fandom with Lynn Stewart making assumptions on Will and Artemis living together?
12- Why can't Artemis and Will be brother and sister in law living under the same roof?
13- Why would Lynn assume there was something going on between Will and Artemis? Is not funny and no one welcomes that scene.
I think that would be all. I wanna say that I love M'gann's white and bald look! She has grown so much. Forager is a treasure, I love him.
YOu should consider showing the green lantern corps in young justice
While Halo's powers allow her to recover from fatal injuries more than a few viewers find it disturbing that she is specifically and repeatedly subject to getting injured or killed in gruesome ways in spite of her powers, especially as a young Muslim teenage girl (Violence against PoC be it on the news or in fiction tends to be taken less seriously than violence against white people). Had the writing team considered the implications of this when writing the action scenes Halo is involved in?
GargWiki.net has answers for all your Gargoyles questions.
Includes episode commentaries by co-creator Greg Weisman, interviews with the cast, and a documentary on the fan convention.