A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Since versions of the "DC Showcase: Green Arrow" and "Catwoman: Hunted" films are confirmed to have happened on Earth-16, does that also mean that the characters who have not yet appeared on Earth-16 (such Catwoman, Merlyn, Cheetah, Julia Pennyworth, etc.) also exist ? Also, in your headcanon, when exactly in the Earth-16 timeline did those versions of the events of the two films took place?
1. Versions of them, yes.
2. For the Green Arrow Showcase, check out Young Justice: Targets to get the timing. For Catwoman: Hunted, no spoilers.
Is Henchy an original character, based on someone from the comics, or both?
Have you ever thought of doing a motion comic where the actors read the whole comic?
1. He's more-or-less original. He's based on a model created for the Green Arrow Showcase short and a specific voice that I love, which actor Steve Blum has used for me in multiple series: Raythor (W.I.T.C.H.), Blackie Gaxton (The Spectacular Spider-Man), Zeb (Star Wars Rebels).
2. Yes. I'd love to do that. But there's no budget for it, generally. The YJ Wiki did a few using volunteer labor and volunteer voice actors. Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42QKFkSy4DU
Oh, and what the heck, here's another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N3Z2b-UlTE
1. If Roy asks Ollie to get rid of his goatee, will Ollie do it?
2. Do the members of Arrow family like the chili Ollie make?
3. Are Dinah and Babara good friends?
4. What was Green Arrow doing in Season 3, he let Arrowette work with the Bat Team but what was he doing in the season?
5. In the very first episode, why would Green Arrow tell Red Arrow (still speedy at that time) the Hall of Justice isn't the real base instead the watchtower is?
1. The question feels moot to me because why would Roy do that?
2. Um... sure.
3. I would think so.
4. He was also working with Batman's group. And doing his own thing. And successfully reconciling with Dinah.
5. Information is power. The rest I'll leave to your interpretation.
1. How rich is Oliver Queen after losing his fortune on Earth 16? Heâs got to have a lot of money to maintain a number of equipment stashes in Star City (and abroad), as well as to pay for his and presumably Arsenals and Arrowettes arrows and other weapons.
2. Does Ollie still drive that hybrid car from the Green Arrow short?
2a. Is it the same car that we saw Artemis driving in Tale of Two Sisters?
3. What is Ollie and Dinahs relationship like right now?
1. He's not at all rich. I'd put him in the lower middle class, if such a thing exists anymore. He makes a decent living, and has some legacy property from when he was rich. He doesn't have to pay for Arsenal's weaponry. Arsenal's trust fund does that. I'm not even sure he pays for Arrowette's arrows. But maybe. Haven't thought about it.
2. Not confirming or denying that the hybrid car is in YJ continuity.
3. Strong, overall. They have bumps. But they generally get past them.
What's the status of Ollie and Dinah's relationship as of the end of Team Year Eight?
They have rocky moments, but they love each other.
So I was re-watching the DC showcase Green Arrow and now you have said that DC showcase short is YJ-adjacent, so are Ollie and Dinah or rather at some point were they engaged if they are not married currently. Cause I am not sure how much of that short should I consider as canon.
None of it is canon for YJ until it's demonstrated to be cannon in YJ (in one medium or another).
What other animated DC films are also considered "Young Justice-adjacent" besides "Catwoman: Hunted" and "DC Showcase: Green Arrow"?
None, I don't think. Am I forgetting something?
Hi Greg, huge fan of Young Justice and all your other projects.
You said that the Green Arrow DC showcase and Catwoman Hunted loosely exist in the young justice timeline, that versions of these events happened but maybe not exactly the same. What team years did these almost events happen in the YJ timeline?
No spoilers. ESPECIALLY not for Catwoman: Hunted, which hasn't even come out yet.
I loved, the Green Arrow, showcase short you wrote but was wondering two things 1.Ware, was Dinah Lance (Black Canary)flying home from? 2. I remember that Oliver had glasses on (not shades)in the beginning of the short. In your mind was Dinah Lance, also wearing glasses (again not shades) on both her flight and when she arrived at the airport before getting into costume to help green arrow?
1. I don't recall. Does it matter?
2. I don't recall glasses on Oliver, but it's been awhile. If they were there, it wasn't something I asked for in the script. And I don't see any reason to put glasses on either Oliver or Dinah.
Did you ever have any plans for Artemis Crock for your planned run on Green Arrow back in the 80s when you were at DC?
Nope. I think Roy Thomas created the character a year or two after I submitted my G.A. proposal.