A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. Can superboy be affected by kryptonite?
2. Does Mr. Fox or Leslie Thompkins exist on Earth 16?
3. What doess the Bat Mobile look like?
4. How was the Justice Society different from the Justice League?
5. Did Clark Kent had any adventures growing up in smallville like in the tv show of the same name? For example did he have to fight people whose powers came from krpytonite or deal with a secret society named veritas?
6. Did Jimmy Olsen ever had superpowers on Earth 16?
7. Will ya'll ever tell the story how John became a Green Lantern and why did the ring choose him instead of Guy?
8. Who is the most powerful being on Earth 16 not counting gods?
9. How did the Justice Society get together in the first place?
10. Who were the first super powered good guy and bad guy to appear in public and when did they appear in public?
1. NO COMMENT.
2. See issue #12 of the comic.
3. Check out the works of Alexander Calder.
4. Lots of ways.
5. NO COMMENT.
7. NO COMMENT.
8. I'm not interested in these kind of comparisons.
9. That's a story for another day.
10. ASKED AND ANSWERED. See the ASK GREG ARCHIVES under YOUNG JUSTICE.
YOUNG JUSTICE Episode #14 ("Revelation") Credits
Young Justice Theme and Music By
Casting & Voice Direction
Starring The Voices Of
Stephanie Lemelin as Artemis
Jesse McCartney as Robin
Danica McKellar as Miss Martian
Nolan North as Superboy, Zatara
Khary Payton as Aqualad
Jason Spisak as Kid Flash
Dee Bradley Baker as Wolf, Ultra-Humanite
Steve Blum as Count Vertigo
Miguel Ferrer as Vandal Savage
Bruce Greenwood as Batman, Wotan
Alyssa Milano as Poison Ivy
Masasa Moyo as Cat Grant
Kevin Michael Richardson as Nabu
Brent Spiner as Joker
Based On DC Comics Characters
Batman Created By
Miss Martian Created By
Geoff Johns and Tony Daniel
Doctor Fate Created By
Cat Grant Created By
Marv Wolfman and Jerry Ordway
Assistant Production Manager
Lead Character Design
BG Key Design
Charles E. Drost, III
Paul Harmon Owen Sullivan
Animation Timing Director
James Tim Walker
R. Michel Lyman
Ink & Paint
Main Title Animation
MOI Animation, Inc.
Supervising Dialogue/ADR Editor
Mark A. Keatts
Post Production Manager
Dialogue Recording Studio
Recording Machine Operator
Jeff O. Collins
Post Production Sound Services
Audio Circus, Inc.
Lotto Animation, Inc.
Supervising Animation Directors
Jinhwa Heo (Jun-E)
Executive In Charge Of Music
Business And Legal Affairs
John Michael Beach
Joulene St. Catherine
Executive in Charge of Production
Executives In Charge Of Production For Cartoon Network
Brian E. S. Jones
This motion picture is protected under the laws of the United States of America and other countries. Any unauthorized duplication, copying, distribution, exhibition or use may result in civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Â© 2011 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Country of first publication United States Of America
YOUNG JUSTICE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and Â© DC Comics.
Warner Bros Animation Inc. is the author of this film/motion picture for the purposes of Article 15 (2) of the Berne Convention and all national laws giving effect thereto.
There are, as always, a bunch of people who ALSO helped out but don't receive credits on screen for various (legal and precedent) reasons.
A handful (in no particular order) include...
Dan Soulsby - Talent Coordinator
Eric Lewis, CAS - Dialogue Sound Mixer
Geneva Ip - Assistant Engineer
Otis Van Osten - Sound Supervisor
Ron Salaises - Sound Effects editor
Carlos Sanches - Re-Recording Mixer
Stacy Michaels - Foley Mixer
Alex Ulrich - Foley Walker
I know I'm probably forgetting some folks, and I REALLY apologize! If you send me a reminder, I'll pimp you in another post!
One time you said that the Renaissance Hunter's name was Blank Canmore. Was what a joke? If so, can you give us his name?
It was a joke. His name is Stuart Canmore.
Now I'd like to make a few compliments:
1) Concerning YJ: Thank you for not making one of those superhero shows in which the heroes always find the time to slip into their uniforms amidst an attack. So, thanks for the episodes where the Team is in civvies during all the episode.
2) Concerning The Spectacular Spider-Man: Thank you for not making one of those superheroes shows in which the villains pop up out of nowhere and their origin story is explained via a 20 seconds flashback. So, thanks for working their origin into the organic flow of the plot.
3) Concerning The Spectacular Spider-Man, YJ and Gargoyles: Thank you for not making one of those superheroes shows with cheesy dialog and dumbed down lexicon typical of "kiddies cartoons". So, thanks for making animated shows that audiences out of the key demographics can enjoy.
4) Concerning The Spectacular Spider-Man, YJ and Gargoyles: Thank you for making shows with complex and tightly woven plots, instead of a pile of stand alone episodes, making stuff up as you go along. So, thanks for putting an effort into writing plots with a beginning, a middle and an ending... and sometimes another ending (I'm still awed with what you did with the Green Goblin arc).
Thank you very much.
1. You're welcome!
2. You're very welcome!!
3. You're extremely welcome!!!
4. You are very extremely welcome!!!!
I interrupt this line of questioning and spoiler requesting for a moment of unabashed fangirling:
I just want to take a moment to say how much I appreciate the way you and your team handle storytelling on Young Justice (really all of your shows, but especially this one). It's obvious to me that to endeavor to tell interesting stories that are also true to reality (as well as any superhero show could, anyway). I just saw episode 10 for the second time (I saw it weeks ago when CN posted it to their site by mistake), and I was struck by how the two story lines of the peace conference in Taipei and Megan and Connor going to school worked out logistically. I'm living in Taiwan right now and I used to live in New York, so I know that time-wise Taiwan and EST time zones are 12 hours apart, so both stories are happening at the same time on different parts of the globe, making that news report Connor and Megan saw in class (loved you as the teacher, I grinned when I recognized your voice--was it your idea, or were you volunteered for the part?) sync up perfectly.
I get so tired of watching films or television shows and reading novels or stories where minimal to zero effort went into fact checking those tiny details when they're really just a question of effort and planning. There are probably more important things to a story, but craftsmanship is in the details and I'm glad that I'm getting that from you on this awesome show.
Some things I liked from the episode:
Mercy's arm - I actually shouted out 'HOLY CRAP MERCY'S ARM WHAT' and my roommate went 'They made her a cyborg! That's so HOT'
Lex Luthor - I always liked that aside from his consuming grudge against Superman, Luthor is sophisticated and immoral but also interesting in his own right. I'm glad that's the version we seem to be getting so far. He's no David Xanatos but I hope he shows up a lot more.
Megan's disguise - her freckles disappeared after she got drenched in water! She was probably just shaken and it slipped her mind. (It couldn't have been an animation mistake--those never happen! :P) She should be more careful, someone might notice.
Also, what icon was that on Marvin's shirt? I didn't recognize what superhero it was from.
Because of our timestamps, I'm FORCED to do WAY more math than I'm comfortable with. But I agree that those details are important, so I do it.
As for Marvin, that "M" is for Marvin. It's his own icon, loosely based on Superman's.
Let's try again. :)
1) Will season one get flashbacks?
2) Will you please give us the titles of the episodes that are in the can?
1. Uh, some. Sure.
2. Here are ALL the Season One titles:
101 - "Independence Day"
102 - "Fireworks"
103 - "Welcome to Happy Harbor"
104 - "Drop-Zone"
105 - "Schooled"
106 - "Infiltrator"
107 - "Denial"
108 - "Downtime"
109 - "Bereft"
110 - "Targets"
111 - "Terrors"
112 - "Homefront"
113 - "Alpha Male"
114 - "Revelation"
115 - "Humanity"
116 - "Failsafe"
117 - "Disordered"
118 - "Secrets"
119 - "Misplaced"
120 - "Coldhearted"
121 - "Image"
122 - "Agendas"
123 - "Insecurity"
124 - "Performance"
125 - "Usual Suspects"
126 - "Auld Acquaintance"
I like your use of foreign languages in the show and I am curious what the characters are saying since no subtitles are given.
1. What was Megan saying in Martian in Bereft?
2. What were the Bialyan soldiers saying in Arabic in Bereft? (You mentioned it was Arabic in the questions before)
3. What was Aqualad saying in the Atlantean language when he was dehydrated in Bereft?
4. What were the Rhelasian diplomats saying in Targets and what language was it?
Line #1. MISS MARTIAN (VO)
Katchhhhaa, sânomothâ¦ Kâazzar Mâgann? Nâda Mâarzzâ¦
[Ohh, my headâ¦ Where am I? This canât be Marsâ¦]
Line #2. MISS MARTIAN (VO CONT)
Ahâlunzzâ¦ sâsess bârakahzzâ¦ <deep breath> Hwâasheta!
[One moonâ¦ white sandâ¦ Oxygen!]
(then out loud in English)
Hello, Megan! Iâm on Earth!
PATROL LEADER #1 shouts in ARABIC:
25. PATROL LEADER #1
Mat khalee-homshee yih-raboo!
[Donât let them escape!]
79. PATROL LEADER #2
Sahibit il galala tureadahoo hayan!
[Her Majesty wants him alive!]
82. PATROL LEADER #2
Kifaya! Idrab nar!
[Enough!! Open fire!]
Tula, LIHS-soh-mehâ¦ ah-gah-PAH-oh sehâ¦
[Tula, pleaseâ¦ I love youâ¦]
<moan> Tulaâ¦ dih-NA-meh-tha EH-tih ehn Atlantis sim-bih-OH-seâ¦
[Tulaâ¦ we can still be together in Atlantisâ¦]
QUESTION 4. The language that Tseng and Li were speaking was Rhelasian, which is VERY similar to Korean. The language that Police Captain Xiaping was speaking was Chinese (but I forget which kind):
Pa shya! Me gar en pa shya! [Down! Everybody down!] /
21. XIAPING (OS)
Bu yao doung! Donât move!
36. TSENG, SINGH MANH LI (OVERLAPPING)
<efforts> Jun jah shik, nae gah son, po joo get suh!
[Let me at him!]
Zhua tzuh sa so!
[Stop the assassins!]
NOTE: This last was an animation error that we just didn't have time to correct. It was supposed to be Xiaping, so the words were in Chinese. But it was animated as Tseng.
I appreciate Young Justice for all of it's detail and consider it a classic in the making. I just have a few questions.
1. How old is Cheshire?
2. How old is Paula Crock?
3. How old is Sportsmaster?
4. How far along pregnant (in months) was Mera in Episode 8?
5. (Joke) Does Megan watch classic TV because reception from Earth to Mars takes a long time?
6. Is Billy Batson 10 years old in this version? How long has Captain Marvel been part of the Justice League? Does the League know his real age?
7. Kaldur quit the Conservatory of Sorcery to become Aqualad but does that mean he's not getting any type of schooling? Or are they done with required Schooling at age 14 when the join the military?
8. Does Black Canary wear a wig in this version or dye her hair blond?
9. Artemis is a Sophomore like Wally, correct?
10. Robin is in 8th or 9th grade?
11. Red Arrow graduated from High School or is he a Senior? If he graduated is he going to Collage at all? Taking a year off? Have a job? Getting financial help from Green Arrow?
12. Miss Martian and Superboy are both Juniors correct?
13. Is 'Wolf' an original character or is he based on an established DC character? (I'll understand if this is Spoilers)
Thank you very much for your time. Keep up the great work! I'm glad yours and Brandon's show is finally back on air!
2. Forty-eight. (She was born the same year as M'gann!)
4. Not very. Her due date is February.
5. She's been watching for decades.
6b. Two years.
6c. NO COMMENT.
7. The latter.
8. NO COMMENT. Not because it's a spoiler, but because I think it would be very ungentlemanly for me to respond.
11. Graduated a month before our series premiered. He's taking a year off to focus on his super-heroic career. He doesn't need financial help from G.A. In fact, he has more money than G.A.
umm... this might be a stupid question but, what color are Bruce Wayne's eyes? and where can you find the promo trailer before YJ ep. 10 aired?
2. No idea.
1. Where was the Justice Society headquartes located at?
2. Did Miraclo lead to the creation of venom on Earth 16?
1. I want to say Gotham City, but I'm not sure.
2. NO COMMENT.