A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Some questions on voice actors:
* You mentioned the guard Wilcox in Terrors was voiced by James Remar. The guards Cooper (the frozen one in Waller's office), Hart ("I have a family") and Hauser (the fat one) also had lines, who did them?
* Not a question: congrats to you, Brandon and Jamie Thomason (and others?) on the casting. It's a diverse cast of character actors, people new to animation, anime voices and cartoon voices. I like most of them (I was hesitant about Brent Spiner, but the more I rewatch it, the more I like it. Still not happy about KMR as John Stewart though)
* When you have "utility voice actors", how do you decide who has which part? In Failsafe, Jeff Bennet and KMR each had three roles (but Nolan North and Khary Payton only one), did you simply ask them "do a gruff general" or "do a hardened marine" and see which the best was? Or do they have better agents?
** How far do you plan these things ahead, for example, did Dee Baker audition for Serifan and Desaad in Disordered, or did you ask him because he already did Wolf (and he's just that good)?
* In Bereft, Roger Craig Smith voices Orm, and per previous answers here, L-5/Ocean Master, a Manta minion and an Atlantean soldier uncredited. Since actors get paid more if they do more than three roles (and you're not going to spend 244 dollars on a one-line soldier), can we take this as evidence Orm and Ocean Master are the same, like in the comics, or will you NO COMMENT your way out of this?
** I realize that, by the time you get to answer this, we'll probably know.
1. I don't remember.
2. Okay. Thanks?
3. It depends on a number of factors, but the primary one is SEPARATION. An actor has to be able to make a new character (no matter how minor) distinct from the characters he or she is already playing. Of course, it has NOTHING to do with their agents.
4. We don't hold auditions for guest characters.
5. Check out issues #14 and #15 of the comic.
6. Know what?
was the man with the paper in bibobs diner in the comic perry white?
I've got three important questions to ask you. I'm apologize should these questions expose a spoiler alert or break the guidelines.
a. The episode "Homefront" introduced the brief appearances of Bette Kane and Barbara Gordon. In Earth-16, do they already have secret identities? If they do not, do you personally believe that they eventually will?
b. There was a animated television cartoon series I used to watch which lasted from 2004 to 2008 called "The Batman." In the third season of this show (2005), Batgirl(Barbara Gordon) was established as Batman's first (but not official) partner. When the fourth season of the show (2006) started, Robin (Dick Grayson) was introduced (since another cartoon show, Teen Titans, was cancelled) as Batman's second (but official) partner. That show's version of Robin was depicted to be younger than Batgirl. This leads to my question: Since Earth- 16's Barbara Gordon appears to be depicted as older (though we don't know her age) than Earth-16's Dick Grayson, was such a decision (by you and your team) actually inspired from watching "The Batman"?
c. Since we know there is a Barbara Gordon on the show, I'm sure we can easily presume that we will eventually see her adoptive father/biological uncle, Commissioner James Gordon (better known as "Jim" by Batman). This leads to my questions: Will he have any particular role on the show/comic (should he appear)? Any possible idea on what he might look like (Same as the comics or slightly younger?)? Any potential voice actors for his character (Looking forward to it!)?
Thanks for reading my questions. Hope to hear your responses. Keep up the good work on Young Justice! You and your team are doing fantastic!
PS. There is actually one extra multi-part question I need to ask you, and it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Your response to this question means a lot not just to me, but to other fans who may ask or have already asked. Since there was no episode this week (because it was a Thanksgiving holiday), when can we expect to see the last remaining eight episodes of Season One? The reason I am asking is because the last time new episodes appeared it took about six months. Will we have to wait another six months (I hope to God that's not the case!), or will the episodes resume in December? If you (or someone on your team)are able to answer at least this question as soon as possible, I'm sure all the fans of the Young Justice show will get some closure.
a. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
b. No. And there the same age in our show, so your assumption is incorrect.
c. Jim Gordon is Barbara's father. Period. As to your question: SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
d. Episode 119 airs on March 3, 2012 as part of DC NATION.
Mr. Weisman, forgive me if this has been previously established, but, where was Nathaniel Adams born?
I haven't thought about it.
I checked archives, searched, everything, but I couldn't find this question. I've heard that Wally West was abused by his parents in other comics. Is this the case in your series Young Justice? It hasn't shown in the series yet.
No, it's not true for Earth-16.
Hey! I am a huge fan of your work, not just on YJ, but going back to Gargoyles. This is something that's been on my mind for a while, and i apologize truly, deeply and sincerely if you've already answered my questions and/or they're too spoiler-y to be answered.
1) Why did Bruce Wayne decide to adopt Dick Grayson? Was the only reason the fact that it mirrored his own childhood trauma?
2)Did he adopt Dick with the intent of training him as a sidekick, or did Dick find out he was Batman and the idea of a sidekick came after that?
3)What was the reaction of the Gotham public to Bruce Wayne adopting a child?
4)How did the rest of the League react to Robin? GA, Flash and Aquaman eventually got their own protege, but what about the others? Was there anyone who called him out taking a child into battle?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. Haven't thought about it.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Is Detective Jim Daniels in Secrets a character from the comics, or was he created for the show? I don't recall the NYPD ever got much screentime in DC, apart from Manhunter's Detective Lucius Best and Sgt. Sylvia Kandrey.
Jim Daniels is a character from the comics. He was a friend of Man-Bat.
John Wells did the research to dig him up for us.
Hello Mr. Weisman,
I have a quick question to ask about Young Justice, but I am worried that it may not be answered in the event that it could cause a spoiler alert, or violate your guidelines. So far, we have seen only Hal Jordan and John Stewart of the Green Lantern Corps. Since I noticed that the history of Earth-16 is different when compared to what is normally seen and known in the mainstream universe of the comics (ie. Same characters. like Superboy, but with different chronological appearances and completely original storylines specifically created for the show), in your opinion, will we be possibly be seeing other members of the Green Lantern Corps, as well as the other corps (Sinestro Corps, Red Lantern Corps, Blue Lantern Corps, Indigo Tribe, Star Sapphires, and Agent Orange) anytime soon?
Well, we've seen Guy Gardner already too.
Everything else you're asking is CLEARLY a SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
So your worries were well founded. In fact, I can't help wondering how you could have possibly thought this WOULDN'T be a spoiler request.
It seems to me you blatantly ignored the guidelines. And I just can't figure out why. And not just for you, but for most of the people who have posted here.
Why continue to ask for spoilers, when you all KNOW I'm not going to give them?
Can you all really not help yourselves?
Do Freddy Freeman and Mary Batson exist on Earth-16? and if so do they/will they have powers? Also, will we be seeing the rock of eternity at any point?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Whats your favorite episode so far?
My mind doesn't really work that way. They're like my kids. I like 'em all.