A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
Some questions on voice actors:
* You mentioned the guard Wilcox in Terrors was voiced by James Remar. The guards Cooper (the frozen one in Waller's office), Hart ("I have a family") and Hauser (the fat one) also had lines, who did them?
* Not a question: congrats to you, Brandon and Jamie Thomason (and others?) on the casting. It's a diverse cast of character actors, people new to animation, anime voices and cartoon voices. I like most of them (I was hesitant about Brent Spiner, but the more I rewatch it, the more I like it. Still not happy about KMR as John Stewart though)
* When you have "utility voice actors", how do you decide who has which part? In Failsafe, Jeff Bennet and KMR each had three roles (but Nolan North and Khary Payton only one), did you simply ask them "do a gruff general" or "do a hardened marine" and see which the best was? Or do they have better agents?
** How far do you plan these things ahead, for example, did Dee Baker audition for Serifan and Desaad in Disordered, or did you ask him because he already did Wolf (and he's just that good)?
* In Bereft, Roger Craig Smith voices Orm, and per previous answers here, L-5/Ocean Master, a Manta minion and an Atlantean soldier uncredited. Since actors get paid more if they do more than three roles (and you're not going to spend 244 dollars on a one-line soldier), can we take this as evidence Orm and Ocean Master are the same, like in the comics, or will you NO COMMENT your way out of this?
** I realize that, by the time you get to answer this, we'll probably know.
1. I don't remember.
2. Okay. Thanks?
3. It depends on a number of factors, but the primary one is SEPARATION. An actor has to be able to make a new character (no matter how minor) distinct from the characters he or she is already playing. Of course, it has NOTHING to do with their agents.
4. We don't hold auditions for guest characters.
5. Check out issues #14 and #15 of the comic.
6. Know what?