A Station Eight Fan Web Site
RAIN OF THE GHOSTS, BOOK TWO COUNTDOWN, Chapter Thirty-One:
Here's another of my shameless attempts to maintain buzz about my new novel, RAIN OF THE GHOSTS, due out in stores and on-line on December 3rd, 2013 (but available for pre-order NOW on Amazon, etc.):
Since there's not too much to report about the first book right now, I'm counting down my progress writing the SECOND book in the Rain series, which should come out sometime in 2014.
Tonight, I finished writing Chapter Thirty-One. It took me a little while, mostly because I was bit exhausted from all the travel I've been doing recently (including San Diego Comic-Con) and from working in a galaxy far, far away. But also I had to research some hard science necessary for the chapter. I wound up only using the research in three short paragraphs, but I think it was worth it.
Oh, and also this week, I saw a rough mock-up cover for the second book. Very cool! (And I hope to reveal it soon.)
Anyway, tomorrow, I'll start on Chapter Thirty-Two.
I was rewatching episode Downtime and then, for some reason, watched the last episode of first season and start wondering...
1. Why did you guys got rid of Ocean Master? Black Manta worked for him and now he's to take his place(sort of) among the Light?
2. Did Manta planned to get him out to replace him?
3. If that's not the case, did he died or the other Light member wanted him out for some reason and he's alive but now on his own as a villian?
About this last, I would have like to have him on season 2 and thus have a chance to see what's happend on Atlantis after the 5 years gasp. Would you have liked to see more of Atlantis on another episode like it was in Downtime? I would have like to see Garth as Tempest for sure...
I hope you can answer me those, and thank you fro the AskGreg page! I love the show!!
1. Black Manta worked for the Light as a whole, not just Ocean-Master. Anyway, the answer to your question is a SPOILER REQUEST.
2. That's not what happened. Black Manta had nothing to do with Ocean-Master losing his spot.
3. SPOILER REQUEST.
4. I would have loved to have had the time to visit Atlantis again.
Me again...thanks for answering my first set of questions the other day...I wanted to respond to one of your comments and ask a few other things while I am here...
1. I asked if Bumbulbee heard Psimon say that Batman was out of the picture when his comrades were unsure to vapture Batgirl in Beneath. You responded why it would be a problem? I asked because I think if she heard she would have alerted the Team and/or League...so did she hear Psimon?
2. While on Beneath and the latest episode Intervention...that was very clever to liberate Jaime...a bit of a stretch for my taste, but excellent nonetheless. Also I just wanted to say thanks for including the previous Blue Beetles' history; we need more cool stuff like this based on the past, and you are one of the few to do it so thanks.
3. Why does Asami have different colors in each eye? What lee you guys to do this? Just curious.
4. Why do some Reach pods put their captives to sleep but not others? Tim, Barbara, and Karen were awake, I think a few others as well but others were asleep.
5. Today you've been adding "aren't you glad you asked?" To the majority of your responses. Why? Are you being sarcastic or is thid just something new or another reason?
Ps Reallllllly miss Wally and Barry. Impulse is great, but you can't beat the originals.
Also you responded to a question yesterday or the day before about your ramble of your side trip to a slightly different dimension...I did tead it, liked it, must say I have felt something similar happen to me and I guess it's all in the mind. I recently learned that deja vu occurs because the mind is processing a current experience more slowly than usual and therefore leads one to believe the experience has been repeated. Maybe our trips to alternate dimensions are like this?
2. A bit of a backhanded complement, but you're welcome, nonetheless.
3. You'd have to ask Brandon and/or Phil.
4. There's a setting, but you have to remember to activate it. Also, sometimes if you've been in a pod long enough, you just fall asleep. Try it!
5. I was being sarcastic, because as I recall, I was annoyed at that moment. Aren't you glad you asked?
6. Maybe. But explain the can of "Palm-Apple Juice" on my bookshelf.
hi, thanks for letting the fans ask questions and stuff. i really like young justice and i'm upset to know that its going off the air.
as for my questions, i have a few about bette kane?
1)why didn't she recognize dick grayson in issue 20? they seemed friendly enough at his birthday party for her to have had an inkling of who he could be. at least to me.
2)why did she spend the night at his place? did they have a date or something the night before? which doesn't make sense since she couldn't remember his name.
3)does she live in bludhaven too?
4)also, since she mentioned she had to go to work, i might as well ask, where does she work? and what is her title?
thanks for your time =)
1. It had been nearly five years. He's grown up A LOT.
2. They met the night before. Names were exchanged - among other things. She just couldn't quite remember his name in the morning.
4. Honestly, I haven't thought about where she works at this time.
Since the six members of the League had to go to trial on Rimbor, I would like to ask that in regards to their civilian identities (notably, Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne), what excuse did they give to their friends, and co-workers?
For I believe that Clark was still working for the Daily Planet at this time, so he would have to tell Perry White something (that he's quitting, etc.) also his co-workers like Jimmy and Lois (if she doesn't know that he is Superman at this time).And I am sure that after vanishing for almost six months the press has started to wonder where has Multi-Billionaire Playboy and owner of Wayne Enterprises has gone, as well as his employees like Lucius Fox.
I'm not going to give you a rundown on how each of ten characters dealt with this issue. Some of this falls under the SPOILER REQUEST category. Some into the I haven't bothered to work it out yet category. And for now at least, all of it falls into the "I might as well leave this to your imagination" category.
1) Since Zatanna is now a public member of the League who does not wear a mask, and who uses her real name while fighting crime, my question is, why did she not think it necessary to keep her identity a secret?
2. Also, after moving from the identity of Robin, did Dick, as Nightwing, become a purely covert hero (in the likes of Superboy and Miss Martian) or does the general public know that there is a hero named Nightwing that fights crime?
1. She was following in her father's footsteps, mostly.
2. He doesn't publicize, but he doesn't hide. He's more under the radar than most.
1. How long has Catherine Cobert been the League's Public Affairs Officer?
2. Why haven't we seen her since "Alienated"? With all of the hate that the Justice League had been getting in Season 2, I would think that we would have seen her trying to dispel the comments made by the Reach and Gordon Godfrey in a major way. Doesn't seem like she was doing her job effectively.
3. On another note, why haven't Lois Lane on the show?
4. And what is Lois' relationship to Conner? If they have any at all.
1. Since just before the Hall of Justice opened.
2. There's only so much available screen time. Take it for granted that she was doing her job.
3. There's only so much available screen time.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1. Did Kaldur's mother ever love Black Manta? and vice versa?
2. Did she know that he was Black Manta when she was with him?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Is Wonder Girl attracted to Arsenal? or was that kiss not supposed to mean anything?
It wasn't supposed to mean much.
Is Shelly Longshadow a widow, or divorced?
What happened after the New Year's kiss?
Lots of stuff.
1. Does Mark Logan exist in Earth-16
2. If so is he Beast Boys father
I say this because Marie had the surname Logan in the credits of Hello Megan! And presumably she wasnt married to a Mr. Logan at that time.
(if she was that counts as question 3, right?)
4. So how many GL's do the Guardians appoint to a Sector?
5. Does the Emotional Spectrum exist in Earth-16? I ask because since the Speed Force and Superman's Ice Breath doesn't, I cant assume.
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. What was the question?
4. In Universe-16, two.
5. No, you cannot assume. Beyond that SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
So what you're saying is that Sam's original question on this topic was completely inappropriate.
Me again I just want to say you and the crew have done a bang up job with the show this season I really like the story driven arc this season has taken and must say this is your best ensemble show since Gargoyles.
1). When Did Black Manta and Aqualad's mom meet?
2). Did Black Manta ever love her and she him or was it a forced relationship?
3). What did Black Manta have to gain by sending Cal Durahm undercover?
4). Why does Black Manta hold a grudge against all people from Atlantis?
5). When did Black Manta and Aquaman start their rivalry?
1. About nine months before the birth of Kaldur'ahm.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT. But she was not raped, if that's what you're asking.
3. You mean besides the overthrow of Atlantis and the death of Aquaman?
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
5. Haven't nailed down a specific date for that.
Love the show Major props to you and Mr. Vietti.
My question is Characters like Zatanna and Miss Martian that don't have to rely on hand to hand combat because of their powers do they know how or where they trained to just in case?
Yes. Black Canary saw to that. Not saying they excelled as much as, say, Dick or Artemis, but they can hold their own.
With out going into too much detail, in the episode "Intervention" Isis appears as a blue, almost construct-like, figure behind Zatana. Given her function here (and the bird theme of the goddess historically) and one of the more recently revealed powers of The Blue light of hope in the comics, Is she in any way connected to Adara or the Blue Light of the emotional spectrum?
I don't know.
Hey Greg got a ? based on who's a main character on young justice and who's not (at least in season 2).
It's based on one of the answers you gave today on who's a main character and who's not in Season 2:
Here's the question: http://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/latest.php?qid=17951
"So, I'd say the only true leads for the entire season are probably Aqualad, Artemis, Miss Martian, Nightwing and Blue Beetle."
BUT in an interview back in september 2012 with CBR; you stated something that said otherwise:
here's the interview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41210
"I think for us, from day one, we have six leads. And that's huge enough. Now, there are other characters, even from Season 1, who will be recurring characters that we put a spotlight on and give some screen time. Those are characters like Red Arrow and Zatanna - even Captain Marvel and Red Tornado. I don't want to knock them and say that they're tertiary characters. They're not. They're important to our larger tapestry. But I think it was important from day one all the way through the end of Season 2 that we have six leads. They've been the same six leads from the beginning.
It all began with Robin, Aqualad and Kid Flash. Of course, Robin is now Nightwing. But after that first three, we added in Superboy, and then we added Ms. Martian, and then we added Artemis. And then we stopped. We kept adding characters, but I don't think we kept adding lead characters. We sold the show on those six, and those six are still to us largely the focus of the show.
Now you are right that we've expanded a lot in Season 2. We've added Wonder Girl, Batgirl, Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, Lagoon Boy, the new Robin, Impulse...and we're not done adding characters. Some of them will get a spotlight shown on them briefly. Some of them will get a larger role than even that. It will range. But we haven't lost track of our six leads. They've always been the six leads for this show, and that will continue throughout the rest of the series."
Okay I'm confused, are Superboy and Kid Flash leads this season or not? I realize you retconned to a certain degree with Jamie being added in there, in another interview. But is there a specific reason WHY you would claim Conner and Wally are still among the main characters THIS SEASON, when you clearly knew ahead of time what their role was this season? It's also a little silly to claim that when Wally's been absent for 9 episodes straight (something you also knew ahead of time).
I don't mind you lying by omission. I understand that there are certain things the fandom should know and certain things we/they don't need to know. HOWEVER I do find it slightly annoying that you would tell us one thing, then tell us something completely different.
Example, there's been some fans of Kid Flash that have been highly annoyed by his amount of screen time this season. That annoyance is also added on by because he was a lead last year AND because you claimed in the interview the main six would still be the focus this season. I can definitely understand their frustration, at being told something, when that might not be the truth.
So is there a reason you told us that in the interview when you actually knew ahead of time that that wasn't exactly the case? I don't want to make you feel like your the reach ambassador and I'm Godfrey interviewing you claiming you lied (especially when it could be something as simple as you being misquoted), But I'm getting mixed signals on who you were trying to claim was a main character this season and who wasn't.
You're treating this like it's an exact science, when I specifically said it is not.
Looking at it from one point of view, Superboy and Kid Flash are still leads. We still care about their stories in a fundamental way, and in certain episodes they are very important.
But based on the specific story we were telling and the amount of screentime we had to spare, one could argue that they were "downgraded" to support status. And one could definitely argue that Blue Beetle was raised up to lead.
But the point I was making is that we NEVER lost track of the stories of our six original leads EVER. And I think one can see that is true, certainly by the end of "Endgame".
If screentime is the ONLY criteria, then I suppose I was fudging the truth in that old interview. But it's not. So I wasn't.
Did Wally and Artemis adopt the dog in their apartment together, or is it purely just one of theirs?
They got Bruce together.
I realize the Light is in this for the long haul, and they seem to be patient enough to wait for many of their plans to come to fruition, but it's been six years, and they appear to have abandoned the idea of "recovering" Conner.
If it's okay to ask, what was their original plan for Project Kr? From hearing the Light talk amongst themselves, it doesn't sound like they ever intended for him to join the good guys, even if that's something they felt they could take advantage of. Conner's stated purpose of "destroy and replace Superman" wouldn't quite work, being that he can't age, nor does he have Superman's signature powerset. Besides, they seem to want the League alive (and they were developing Starro-Tech, so they would have been able to control Clark anyway).
If they didn't know about Conner's unique traits (forever young/no flight), what would they have done with him once they found out?
Would it be safe to assume that Project Kr wasn't THAT integral to their plans, given that things seem to be running smoothly for them?
You seem to be under the assumption that their plan for Project Kr has changed. It hasn't, not fundamentally. Only the details have changed. Adapt or die, and all that.
Also, I don't think the no-visible-aging thing was part of their plan. That was an accidental side effect of a combination of their growth acceleration process and his Kryptonian DNA.
And, as stated many times before, I'm not interested in hypotheticals.
Finally, no single thread unravels ALL their plans.
Okay so first off- I LOVE YJ! I won't go into details but the past year I spent as an invalid in bed- the first time I smiled after that was because of YJ. It's the best thing that's happened to me in the longest time. Secondly, (as random as this may sound) Tula is my favorite YJ character. In fact, I love her so much that in [the] Instagram [app] I RP as her in a DCRP group. Okay here are my 3 questions:
1.) If you were to pick a word to describe Tula's personality- what word would it be. (Ex. bubbly, smart, wise, ect.)
2.) After Tula joined the Team, did she have any best friends, (besides Kaldur and Garth). Perhaps she and Artemis were close? [In my head, they are, but- being a hopeless rabid fangirl my mind is not (if ever) close to canon… So, would you consider them close? If so, how close? (Sisters, BFFs?)
3.) Will the details of Tula's death be revealed; if the series ends before the details are- will you tell us anyway because we (the YJ fandom) are just that obsessed? Or will you not specify and make us wait…. (Why??? *starts to sink with her fangirl feels*)
THANK U!!! (P.S- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUNG JUSTICE!!!)
1. Um, my mind doesn't really work that way. It feels very reductive. Competent, maybe? (Competence to me is very sexy.)
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
I will say that Tula does have an important role in YOUNG JUSTICE LEGACY, so you're definitely going to want to pick that up in September.
Hey, Greg. Just saw an answer to a question I asked.
"Why was there a men's room in Project Cadmus? We only saw Desmond, Guardian, and Spence working at Cadmus. Unless the genomorphs gotta go too."
To which you responded: "There were also guards. But that's beside the point. Why wouldn't there be a Men's Room? And a Woman's Room? I mean, you, yourself listed two men above. I seriously don't understand this question. Who builds a facility without facilities?"
I suppose what I meant to ask was why the bathroom was so LARGE. There were probably ten stalls, but we only saw the two guys (Guardian and Desmond.) The guards answers this... But where were said guards? We ONLY saw Guardian and Desmond. Guardian used genomorphs as a security force. So... Where were the guards?
They're in a scene that was cut for time from the DC Nation version of the series. But that's all immaterial. You build restrooms that match the size of the facility (which was huge). Whether or not the company than populates its building with enough people to use the restrooms to the fullest extent of their potential has nothing to do with what the architect and city regulations dictate.
Heck, even if you're Cadmus, wouldn't you want options?
Besides, what makes you think the genomorphs weren't using the restrooms.
(Are we really still talking about this? Seriously?)
Did dick grayson date Rocket?
No. He dated Raquel Ervin, though.
Queen Bee's pheremone control...can someone with a particularly strong will overcome it?
Also, seeing as Marie Logan was affected, does that make her Bisexual or a Lesbian...and is Queen Bee Bisexual? Or is she like Marvel's Daken, a asexual sadist?
1. I'm not going to set hard and fast rules for something like this.
2a. I think you answered your own question.
2b. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2c. I'm not familiar with Daken.
How long was Wally and Artemis living together before her undercover op.
Since the start of Sophomore year.
Were was Wally and Artemis after their New Years eve kiss?
Sorry, what's the question? Where were they? In the Watchtower.