A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 16 records. :
Did you always planed to name young justice season 3 as Outsiders?
Always? I guess not. When we started, we didn't even know that subsequent seasons would have subtitles like Invasion and Outsiders.
Did Garfield have super power to transform into animals for a time already before miss martian gave him that bio-suit he wears ?
Not for very long. That could get embarrassing.
Was Garfield ever at one of the Conner's birthday parties that Megen made for him?
One of the things I noticed about the Team's dynamics in season one was how Miss Martian's psychic link made everything so much easier. So I want to applaud you for not including her in the whole Aqualad is a double agent conspiracy ring. It would have been extremely convenient for them to play their ruse in front of everyone. Thank you for not taking the easy way.
We try to honor and service character. It's not really about easy or hard.
When the team came back check on Garfield in episode Image did the team find out Garfield's eyes color change from blue to green? What was Marie's reaction to her son eye color change?
I don't know how instantly it was noted. Obviously, Marie would have been surprised, but in the grand scheme, she preferred a living green-eyed son over a dead blue-eyed son.
Who did teaching of the young justice beast boy to control his power to change into animals? You MR Greg said it took young justice Garfield years to control his power change into animals right?
I don't remember saying that, but it took some time, though it came quicker than it had any right to. Miss Martian helped teach him, but his power is somewhat unique, so to a great extent, he's self-taught.
Just wanted to give a couple appreciations regarding some things on Gargoyles. Particularly the episodes "Grief" & "The Green," as you avoided certain tropes in those that I think are kind of done to death. Namely these:
"Grief" in Regards to Anubis
1. Everybody Hates Hades - A dark/death god of a mythology is portrayed as evil even though s/he was not originally.
"The Green" in regards to Zafiro
2. Reptiles Are Abhorrent - Reptiles are usually associated with evil.
Partly because of "Grief" Anubis was a favorite of mine as a kid, though I've grown to appreciate some other characters in Ancient Egyptian Mythology as well. And as for Zafiro, it's nice to have a snake-like character who ISN'T a total villain for once (i.e. completely & irredeemably malevolent). Both of the above tropes have been done to death in my opinion, but that's just me.
Glad you liked 'em.
Did Garfield get those toys in his room at mount justice before moving into mount justice? Did he still play with them when he became a member of the team?
I'll leave that to your imagination.
What US state is the city of Fawcett City locate in ?
I'd rather not pin it down until I need to, but it's in the Central Time Zone if that helps.
1)How irritating does it get for both you and Brandon when people don't give him the credit he deserves for YJ?
2)I can't wait to see what you both have in store for us in season 3! And so excited for it!
1. It annoys me quite a bit, and I try to always correct any impression that it isn't a team effort. I can only imagine that it must grate on him even more.
2. Thanks. Can't wait for everyone to see it.
What do you like about 3x3 eyes?
I like nearly everything about it, but in particular the relationship between the two lead characters.
I might be going down a bad road with this, but I feel strongly enough that this requires attention
1) In Young Justice, do Batman and Superman's moms have the same first name(Martha)?
2) Are Batman and Superman aware that their mothers share the same first name?
3) And most importantly.....do either of them care in the slightest? Because I think a lot of people don't....
2. By this time, yes.
3. I guess it depends how you define "care." I'm sure it's a connection between them. A coincidence that may seem significant. But that's about it.
1.) In regards to the "4 Robins" question, you forgot Duke Thomas. Biggest one you left out from your list
2.) On top of that, there're also the other Robins who head-lined "We Are Robin": Riko, Dre, Dax, and Izzy. And then there are all the other kids/teens who were apart of that movement, though so far, Duke's the only one who's mentored under Batman (unless Alfred counts in place of Batman; if so, that'd include pretty much everyone).
3.) Is it sometimes hard to think about what you like most about these characters (any, not just Robins specifically)?
Thanks for your time!
1. Duke - at least in Rebirth - doesn't seem to be a Robin, at least not yet.
2. You know more than I. Congrats. Was this New 52 stuff? I'm not up to speed on that. I jumped back on when New 52 morphed into Rebirth.
3. Not really.
I've been mildly curious about something regarding the DCAU as a whole. Do you think that the names of some of the characters are a bit archaic or out-of-date? I understand that a lot of these characters were created decades ago, but I can't imagine names like "Dick" or "Billy" or "Wally" or "Garfield" or "Barbara" being popular among teenagers in the 21st century. That's not to say I particularly dislike those names, but they've always stuck out to me, probably because I never met kids with those names throughout my schooling. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Kids don't generally choose their own names. Their parents do. My wife teaches nursery school, and she hears all kinds of name, including many that sound old-fashioned to our ears.
My son is named Benjamin, legally. But as a kid, he was always Benny. Many Benny's, I'm sure, grow out of it and become Ben or Benjamin. But our Benny is still Benny. And I hope he stays that way. It's just who he is.
Meanwhile, my dad's name is Wally, short for Walter. He's always hated both, but hates Wally slightly less than he hates Walter. So he's Wally.
Garfield Logan generally goes by Gar.
Hi Greg, did you that there was an avengers cartoon titled avengers earths mightiest heroes which was also cancelled after 2 seasons it was great show and if you didn't watch it I highly recommend it. It also featured spider man who was originally voiced by Josh Keaton but then redubbed by drake bell if you would like to hear Josh's voice in that show I would recommend spreading the #joshkeatonisspiderman and #drakebellisnotspiderman
I love Josh, but that's not a campaign that would make any sense for me to participate in, unless my goal was to NEVER work on another Marvel show again.
I'm a very big fan of your work, and am extremely excited about the third season of YJ. Here are my questions:
1) Was Atlantis "discovered" recently on Earth-16? Like, was Aquaman's aiding in the Appelaxion invasion what brought attention to the underwater nation or was it well-known beforehand?
2) Was Aquaman raised as Arthur Curry on the surface world or was he raised in Atlantis as the prince from the start?
3) Does Queen Mera ever work alongside the League in battles and such? It always confused me that she never appears to be associated with the League despite having (in my opinion, of course) way better powers than her husband.
4) Regarding the Wildstorm character you snuck into the first season somewhere, how old was he/she when he/she appeared?
5) Did the Team (or at least some of the Team, not including Conner and M'Gann, and potentially not including Karen and/or Mal) attend Conner and M'Gann's graduation from Happy Harbor High School?
Thank you for your time, and I hope you're having an awesome day.
1. There's a story in that, so... No Spoilers.
2. No Spoilers.
3. I'll just say that not everyone is as eager to come to the surface world. But by using the word "ever," you've automatically generated a No Spoilers.
4. Did you really think I'd answer this?
5. No Spoilers.