A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 22 records. :
Hi! Just want to say that I still look forward to read Masque of Bones. I keep my fingers crossed for you to find some time to write it. Any luck yet?
No, I'm sorry. I just can't afford to write it on spec right now. But my latest novel, WAR OF THE SPARK: RAVNICA (set in the Magic: The Gathering multiverse), came out last week. I hope you'll check it out. And I will get back to Rain and Masque eventually. The truth is that the more success I build with my commissioned novels like Ravnica, the more likely I'll be able to get back to the Rain series.
Hey Greg. I have a few questions.
1) I've read somewhere that you stopped reading comics all together in the mid 90s. Not asking why as you've already abetted that but rather did that ever stop. The abstaining from comics that is for lack of a better word. I assume that you've picked up a read a comic every now and then since you quit obviously but was there a time where you went back consistently?
2) How do you determine when you will answer questions. I tend to check this site maybe once a month and sometimes I'll be back and you've answered dozens of questions, a lot of the times in one day. Other times you'll haven't answered a question in weeks. Is it just as simple as whenever you have free time and want to our is there some uniquely complicated schedule that you follow. (The question sounded more silly as I continued.)
3) Do you consider yourself to have a dry sense of humor. I've been told I do and I find some of your replies downright hilarious that to others might seem to come off as blunt. Or on the contrary are you just more of very blunt person.
4) Can you explain the little joke you do every time someone asks you who would win what fight and you reply with that quote about the hulk and the thing.
1. I started reading comics again when I started working on The Spectacular Spider-Man (around 2007, I think) after about a decade break. By the time Marvel did a soft reboot after Secret Wars in 2015, I was reading nearly everything in their line, in part because I was also writing Starbrand & Nightmask for Marvel. Plus I was reading all their Star Wars Books, in part because I was also writing Star Wars Kanan for Marvel and Lucasfilm. Both those books were cancelled, and Marvel no longer had any work for me. And then the third season of Young Justice began, right about the same time as DC did its own soft reboot with Rebirth. I started reading everything in the DC line at that point, edging out any free time I had for Marvel for the time being. I've continued to read the entire DC line (with very few exceptions) ever since. I'm about three or four months behind in my reading, but I'm still purchasing everything and reading as fast as I can manage.
2. It's just when I have time. Ideally, I try to answer five questions every weekday, but there are some days (many days, really) when even that is impossible. And then there are some (rare) days when I find myself with free time, and I just go to town on the queue.
3. I like to think I have a dry sense of humor. Certainly when I write. My verbal humor may be goofier or more sarcastic or whatever. I may also be blunt. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.
4. I think it's fairly self-explanatory. "Hulk vs. Thing, who would win?" is one of the oldest fan questions in comics. It's all situational, and the question - and those like it (including most hypotheticals) - just doesn't interest me. Fans can decide that sort of thing for themselves. They don't need me to weigh in.
Can you tell us the meaning of the colors of the index cards you use to plan your shows?
It changes from show to show, even from season to season. And on YJ S3, because of index card shortages of specific colors (this happened, believe it or not), it changed more than once DURING the season.
As an example, in YJ S1:
Green - villains
Red - Justice League
Blue - The Team (hero stuff)
Purple - The Team (teen stuff)
Yellow - Stuff where a specific date matters (like holdays)
White - Stuff that we're laying pipe for but will not objectively reveal to the audience at this time
In every mission in Young Justice Legacy, each character who leads a three-member group is canon while the other two that follows the group leader are technically not because they are determined by the player. If the game had instead been an animated movie, which two characters would have canonically went with each group leader during each mission...?
I don't know. I'd have to sit down and work that out for each mission, and I don't really have the incentive to do that right now. Or probably ever.
Just curious, the Atlanteans in the comics worship the Greek Gods, like the Amazonians, but in Young Justice there's a lot of Neptune references and outside of Poseidonis, I can't recall anyone talking about Poseidon.
I guess what I'm asking is do the Atlanteans of Earth-16 worship the Greek Gods or the Roman Gods?
Sea gods, generally.
How does Shimmer's power work? I mean... does she melt stuff, or does she disintegrate stuff? (I suspect it is the former, but if it is the latter that makes her very dangerous, doesn't it?)
Neither. She turns elements to gas. And, yes, she's potentially very dangerous.
Is there even a possibility of other comic book companies, say IDW, would be able to pay the licensing fees so that you'd be able to make more Gargoyles comics? I think Slave Labor Graphics got overwhelmed where as IDW wouldn't be overwhelmed.
Anything's possible, I suppose. I don't think it's fair to characterize SLG as being "overwhelmed". They were faced with a steep rate hike in the license fee that their sales couldn't justify despite Gargoyles being their number one top selling title.
Would you ever make a TMNT show.
I wrote an episode once.
Don't you think becoming Spider woman is a better fate for Gwen Stacy than dying?
I would think so. But I guess you'd have to ask her for a definitive answer.
Due to being an official member of the Light, is Black Manta's designation L-5 (Ocean Master's former designation) or L-8 (assuming the position of L-5 is never replaced)?
Keep in mind, the L-designations were never used IN SHOW. They helped us out for credit purposes. But if we followed our usual pattern, he'd be L-8.
1) Has animation begun on Outsiders?
2) Will you wait until all of the scripts are finalized before starting animation?
3) After all of the scripts are finalized, what will your involvement with the series be? What do you personally have left to do on season 3?
1. Animation is completed on Outsiders.
2. We did not.
3. Nothing, now. We're 100% done with Season Three. I've been involved from beginning to end, right up to the very last HDR session.
How old are the Reach Ambassador and Reach Scientist?
Unfortunately, because they were aliens and because I was swamped, I don't seem to have figured out birth years for them. But I'm currently working on a massive update of my timeline for YJ, and by the time I'm done, I'll probably have figured that stuff out.
As of now, the outline is 317 pages long. And counting.
1. Does Sportsmaster realize he is bad (not good/perfect) father?
2. Does he care?
1. I'm sure he doesn't think he was perfect.
2. I'll leave that to your interpretation.
I would love to come to your gatherings if you do one.
The Gargoyles Universe, Fandom, and Show is just so chill, nice, and very welcoming.
in 2019 I shall be praying to go and be at your Gargoyles Gathering.
I'm afraid the last true Gathering of the Gargoyles was in 2009. We had a reunion for the series 20th anniversary at CONvergence in 2014. I tried to convince a convention to host another reunion for the series' 25th anniversary this year, but I found no takers. :(
How do you pronounce Ra's name?
I was taught - by Denny O'Neil, who created the character - to pronounce it the way we pronounce it in Young Justice, i.e. as Raysh-ahl-gool.
The Spectacular Spider-Man is my favourite TV series of all time because I liked how it focused on Spider-Man and Peter Parker's early years as a teenager trying to learn how to balance his dual life and also deal with the usual things that teenagers go though.
1. Have you seen Spider-Man:Homecoming?
2. I wanted to know when you were making TSSM did you want people to fall in love with the original Stan Lee/Ditko and John Romita Snr run?
3.What is your favourite run of Spider-Man comics?.
3. Lee/Ditko and Lee/Romita Sr.
Thank you for answering several of my questions now, it's really great to have my curiosity rewarded!
Can Beast Boy turn into an extinct animal? If so, would he need to see/study an accurate and detailed reconstruction of it first?
2. He'd need to connect with an actual living inidividual of the species. If somehow one were cloned or something, that would make it possible. But a fossil or computer simulation wouldn't cut it.
Why don't you have Spectacular Spider-Man in your Twitter Bio? I'm sorry I'm such of fan of the show, And I know you had something to do with it's success being behind the scene s
I was a showrunner, story editor, writer, producer and voice actor on the series, and I'm very proud of it. You'll see an image from it on my profile page, fully as large as Young Justice, Gargoyles and Star Wars Rebels. So I'm hardly shying away from promoting my involvement in it. As for the bio, "The Spectacular Spider-Man" just takes SO many characters to type, there wasn't room for it.
Did Artemis and Wally had sex before start to live together?
Can you tell us now what projects were these? https://twitter.com/greg_weisman/status/517893725863682048
That was five years ago. I can't remember what specifically I was referring to back then. Can't even remember what I reveaed at NYCC that year.
Was Marie Logan's death reported on the news?
Yep. As a car accident.
Hi Greg! Hope everything is going well. I've been wondering, if you would have had an extended opening for Season 2, what would it have been like? Would it have been the original team, the new members, both? Also, who are the six shadowed characters on the first poster of Young Justice Invasion?
1. We never discussed it, because it was never an option.
2. From Left to Right - Wonder Girl, Arsenal, Robin (Tim Drake), Static, Blue Beetle, Impulse.