A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. what spinoffs would be see Gabriel and Opheila in?
2. what is the relationship between Angela and Opheila?
3. when Opheila hatched do you imagine she had that head frill or do you think it grew in later?
4. how would you describe Opheila since we've seen so little of her?
1. Gargoyles for sure. Maybe Pendragon. Big maybe on 2198. Maybe TimeDancer.
3. She had a little one.
4. I'd start by spelling her name right.
you said that Tom, Katherine, and the Magus tried to raise the eggs in the gargoyle way as best they knew from experience and any information the Magus had, etc.
so, Tom knew that gargoyles don't use names, he had that whole conversation with who would become Brook and Lex (btw, i love this scene) so why did they give the eggs names? were they just too human to resist the temptation? did the three humans all agree to give them names or did one or two of them not want to name the gargs?
Tom may have objected at first, but with us poor humans, I think it's just too hard. I can't see Katharine having that kind of patience. Even the new improved Katharine. And once she and the Magus starting using them, then Tom and the gargoyles themselves aren't far behind.
Why is it that you couldn't afford to design the Avalon clan yet you could afford to design Raven's fake clan?
Can't you see the difference?
Raven's "fake clan" had, what, like three members?
We didn't have the man-hours to design 36 separate gargoyles for Avalon. But we did design some members of the Avalon clan. Angela, Gabriel, Ophelia, Boudicca, at least.
Hey Greg! Finally decided to ask a few more ?'s.
A recent post on the Avalon Gargoyles mentions a specific Garg by the name of "Azrael." Who is he? I know of Azrael the angel, but is the Garg one we've breifly glimpsed, or a character that has yet to be seen?
ok, thanx to Vash for poinmting out to me that there are THREE beasts on Avalon (or so you said). theres Boudicca, another female, and a male. but i don't know if that makes sense because you just told me there wasn't two females... this is really confusing, so:
1. out of the 36 eggs taken to Avalon, how many of them were beasts?
2. what are the genders of these beasts? how many male, how many female?
I told you there weren't ONLY two females.
1. THREE including Boudicca.
2. Two females including Boudicca. One male.
ok, you were right, you said before that there was two beast in the Avalon clan, a male and a female, not two females. so:
1. why didn't Boudicca mate with this other beast as opposed to Bronx? or did she before or after "Avalon"? was Boudicca ever unfaithful to Bronx? :)
2. would the male beast on Avalon ever have a mate?
3. any idea what the male beast looks like, maybe a sibling of Bronx? any idea what K, T, and the M named the male beast?
4. in "The Gathering" Oberon said that he needed the best tracker and choose Boudicca, so that means that the male beast isn't as good at tracking, eh?
I still think you've got it wrong.
I'm fairly certain I said there were two beasts IN ADDITION to Boudicca.
Here's a math question based on the list of characters' ages you posted a while back:
The Wyvern eggs were scheduled to hatch in 998, but they were taken to Avalon in 996. The two years remaining would stretch into 48 years, so the eggs should hatch around 1044.
Angela and the Avalon clan are listed as being 917 years old in 1995, meaning they hatched in 1078. That's a 34 year difference.
Even if their hatching was naturally delayed to coincide with the outside world, it seems that 1058 would be the closest year.
Could you explain where my logic or my math is off? I don't doubt what you've said; I just don't understand it. Thanks.
Here's where you got off. The eggs were taken to Avalon on September 28th, 995. Not 996.
How many of the thirty-six (I'm not positive it was thirty-six) eggs that were taken to Avalon were gargoyle beasts?
A few. At least three.
Do you ever plan to involve the Avalon clan again? Would you create more "individuals" within the clan (besides Gabriel and Ophelia, who we've already met), or would you just involve them as a whole?
Yes. Yes. Yes.
since Angela has had an interest in gargoyle parentage and has a close relationship with Gabriel has see perhaps guessed that Gabriel's parents are Othello and Desdemona? she had to know that they had a child on Avalon, did she think through the next step and guess at that child?