A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1) What is the name of the Mayan wizard that made the Sun Amulet?
2) Was s/he male or female?
3a) Did s/he have a 'title'? (Like Magus was The Magus, and Archmage was The Archmage) b) What was it?
4) In the show they said that the wizard made the Sun Amulet in the tenth century. What year was it?
5a) Did the wizard have some kind of conduit? (Like the Grimorum?) b) If so, what was it?
1. Eye Dono
3. Yes. Eye Dono.
4. Are you sure about your facts? I do not have a specific date down for the actual forging of the Amulet. But I do show that by 990, the Mayans and Gargoyles were watching over the rain forest around Chac Ixchel.
5a. Eye Dono.
1) Are there always two female pendant wearers and two male pendant wearers?
2) You said before that the gargoyles that have the name of the color aren't always necessarily that particular color. But do the gargoyles named Zafiro and Jade have two be male and the gargoyles named Obsidiana and Turquesa have to be female?
3) Is one of the pendant wearers always the leader of the clan?
1. It's a tradition. But it's not etched in stone. (Pun intended.)
2. No. There can be male forms or female forms of all four names.
3. It usually works out that way, but it's not a hard and fast rule either.
1) You said that Zafiro had not had the pendant for very long. How long did he have it before march, 2198.
2) Will we ever meeting the new Obsidiana, Jade and/or Turquesa in G2198?
3) After the events of march 2198 is Zaphiro the leader of the Mayan Clan?
4) Who was the leader of the Mayan clan before march 2198?
1. Not very long.
2. Ever? Yes.
3. I'm not sure. I'm leaning that way, but I'm not sure.
4. Not saying.
Are there still four mayan pendants in 2198?
As far as I know.
Care to explain why the gargoyles in the British isles are so different since in London we have animal headed ways, in Loch Ness aquatic gargoyles and in wyvern the generic ishimura/guatemala kind?
'Generic ishimura/guatemala kind', huh? Don't agree with that.
But no, I don't currently care to explain it.
Hi Greg, I just read that Zaphiro from 2198 is the same age as Samson and Delilah, do you mean cronologic or biologic the same age, I'm just asking because you said before that because of the pendant that zaphiro, obsidiniana, turquessa and jade wear, they age faster than other gargoyles? thanks for answering
I don't believe I did say that. I believe I said that the pendant compensates, didn't I?
Can you quote me?
At any rate, Zafiro has not been wearing the pendant long. So he's the same biological and chronological age as Samson and Delilah.
1) Given that most gargoyles have a desire to feel the warmth of the sun, wasn't Goliath or Angela tempted to ask for a chance at wearing a Guatimalan sun amulet, if only for a short time? If so, did their politeness outweigh their desire?
One more for the Guatimalan Gargs. 2) I Don't know if it's true, but I heard somewhere that the clan had a lot of eggs. I don't see how it could be more than 2 eggs, for 2 pairs of Gargs, unless the bigger clan was massacered pretty recently. So is that the case?
1. Tempted briefly, perhaps. But they knew the amulets weren't toys or trifles. So, yes, too polite to ask.
2. Yes. Watch the episode, it makes that fairly clear.
Do the other clans existing throughout the world all speak English so well? Are they fluent in a more native tongue? I didn't expect Golaith, etc. to be able to communicate so easily with foreign clans or did this just have to do with the simple fact that the TV show was being watched by a majority of Americans? (Basically the same as asking why all the aliens in Star Trek English fluently)
I would have liked to have done more with foreign languages during the world tour, but that was actually vetoed by our bosses.
We'll assume for now, just for now, that Zafiro, Kai and the others had reason to learn English.
Hi, I was wondering, when the mayan clan was destroyed, Did the polchers know that those were gargoyles, or did the just destroy everything that wasn't what they considered a treasure? Thanks
1. maybe it was hard to see on the show, but in "The Green" are the magic pendants themselves made out of the different stones (Sapphire, Obsidian, etc.) or are they all made out of something else? if they are made of something else, what is it?
2. you've said that the pendants will be passed down along with the name of the garg who wears it, but does the actual color of the garg matter? for instance, can only a red gargoyle wear and use Zafiro's pendant? i know it sounds stupid that the magic would only work with skin color, but i don't see any evidence why it wouldn't... afterall, Bronx is blue like Obsidiana and he was ok using the her pendant, but if he had picked up a pendant of a different color than he, would it have still worked?
3. when Jackal knocked that tree on Obsidiana and her wing was all twisted and wounded looking until she turned to stone, had he actually broken the bone in her wing? i'm aking this cuz i think its one of the only times that stone sleep cures a major physical injury in the series...
1. The former. One is Sapphire. One is Jade. One is Obsidian. And one is Turquoise.
2. No, the color of the garg doesn't matter. Zafiro in the twentieth century is red. The Zafiro of the twenty-second century is blue. (At least in my head.)
3. I'd have to see it again.