A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Here's a quote:
have jade and turquesa returned to guatemala from avalon yet? did they go on adventures wherever avalon sent them?
So here's my follow-up questions:
1)when did Jade and Turquesa make it back to Guatamela?
2)how hard was it to get those transplanted plants from Guatamela to grow on Avalon?
1. Not saying.
2. Not very.
have we seen the person or persons responsible for massacreing the Mayan Clan and stealing the Sun Amulet in any of the episodes of Gargoyles?
i must say Greg that for some reason that i'm not entirely aware of i really really like the Mayan Clan. they are my favirote clan. so, my birthday is coming up, care to give me any tidbit of unknown information about them? hehee
I think I've missed your birthday, twice over now.
And no, we haven't yet met those that destroyed the Mayan Clan. I'm glad you like 'em though. I have more plans for them.
1. do the Mayan Pendant Wearers ever get sunburns?
2. why did you decide not to give/make all the Mayan Clan with the lower snake-like bodies?
3. is it just coicidence that Zafiro (1996) looks so different from the other Mayan gargs? (reptile facial features, feathered wings, snake body) are those features more common in the Mayan Clan or more rare?
4. did you ever figure out where you would have Jade and Turquesa journey to on their trip home from Avalon? where would they go?
1. I've never given it any thought? Any biologists out there with a theory?
2. I wish I had, frankly. That's a mistake I think we made. We wanted to really tie Zafiro in with Quetzacoatl, and I was so focused on him, that I didn't think to do the same with the others. I like their upper body designs a lot, but I wish I had had the art guys give them snake lower bodies too. I've decided that the majority of the slaughtered Mayan clan were lower-snake types. And when the new batch of eggs hatches the hatchlings would reflect that fact.
3. See above. After the fact, I think they're more common. But I'd like to see a mix of lower Zafiro with (for lack of a better term) upper Obsidiana, etc. Or upper Zafiro with lower Jade. You get the idea.
You said that, and Goliath has also said that, "Long ago there were clans all over the world." Well that is a pretty vague statement. I do understand it was intentional but the idea has bothered be for close to six years now, where were these clans? Were there any in the americas? Africa? Italy? Moscow? I really would like to know how far the species migrated.
What part of "all over the world" don't you understand?
If you want me to list every clan location... well, I won't. I'm not going to go through an Atlas and start choosing spots.
The Americas? You know it. Africa? Sure. Italy? Absolutely. Moscow, specifically? I don't know.
They are an old race. Now on the verge of extinction, but once upon a time they were (briefly) the dominant species on the planet. They spread out.
1. is the leader of the Mayan Clan always or usually one of the Pendant Wearers?
2. does the name of the Pendant Wearer change in relation to sex? like the Sapphire Pendent on a male would be Zafiro, on a female Zafira for instance...
3. have gargoyles been in Guatemala longer than humans?
4. did Oberon ever find out about those tropical plants transplanted to Avalon? if so, what was his reaction?
5. how are those plants doing in 2001 anyway?
1. Usually, I'd say. Almost always.
2. I'd think so.
3. I'd think so.
4. I'm guessing he's okay with it.
5. As far as I know they're flourishing.
How many gargoyle clans were there when the show was ended?
Do any of the other Avalon gargoyles join Angelia in the real world?
1. In 1996, the following clans were extant (although some were far from healthy in numbers):
2. Eventually, others would visit. But I don't immediately see anyone else taking up permanent residence outside Avalon.
1) What is the name of the Mayan wizard that made the Sun Amulet?
2) Was s/he male or female?
3a) Did s/he have a 'title'? (Like Magus was The Magus, and Archmage was The Archmage) b) What was it?
4) In the show they said that the wizard made the Sun Amulet in the tenth century. What year was it?
5a) Did the wizard have some kind of conduit? (Like the Grimorum?) b) If so, what was it?
1. Eye Dono
3. Yes. Eye Dono.
4. Are you sure about your facts? I do not have a specific date down for the actual forging of the Amulet. But I do show that by 990, the Mayans and Gargoyles were watching over the rain forest around Chac Ixchel.
5a. Eye Dono.
1) Are there always two female pendant wearers and two male pendant wearers?
2) You said before that the gargoyles that have the name of the color aren't always necessarily that particular color. But do the gargoyles named Zafiro and Jade have two be male and the gargoyles named Obsidiana and Turquesa have to be female?
3) Is one of the pendant wearers always the leader of the clan?
1. It's a tradition. But it's not etched in stone. (Pun intended.)
2. No. There can be male forms or female forms of all four names.
3. It usually works out that way, but it's not a hard and fast rule either.
1) You said that Zafiro had not had the pendant for very long. How long did he have it before march, 2198.
2) Will we ever meeting the new Obsidiana, Jade and/or Turquesa in G2198?
3) After the events of march 2198 is Zaphiro the leader of the Mayan Clan?
4) Who was the leader of the Mayan clan before march 2198?
1. Not very long.
2. Ever? Yes.
3. I'm not sure. I'm leaning that way, but I'm not sure.
4. Not saying.
Are there still four mayan pendants in 2198?
As far as I know.