A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Watched "Ill Met By Moonlight" for the billionth time. :)
In the scene where the Gargs just flew through the lava hand and it crashes together and enfolds on itself and explodes, Oberon stops in front of it and tries to cover himself as lava spews everwhere.
I was wonderin:
Can lava hurt the Third Race and thats why Oberon was shying from it? Cause I was thinkin that if it doesnt hurt them, Obe could have just gone right through it without hesitation.
or was it just on impulse?
His power was reduced, remember.
Is it safe (and corrected) to say that we haven't met either of Oberon and Titania's two children on screen?
Yes. As far as I know.
1) Did Titania ever really have any of the fairy attendants like she did in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2) If so, what happened to them
3) Are any/all of them still alive?
4) Were any/all of them fae?
(My favorite is Mustard Seed)
2. My God, has something happened to them?
3. Far as I know.
Mustard Seed is cool.
Did Mab have any children besides Oberon? If so are they more or less powerful than Oberon?
Not answering this now.
"1) Did Oberon have any help in defeating Mab?
2) Did Oberon use trickery?
2. Some. "
1: Who helped Oberon against Mab? a. Everyone minus Mab's followers? b. Titania? c. The Weird Sisters? d. if non of the guesses above, then who?
I'm not going to answer this now.
Why does Queen Mab not approve of Titania?
Many reasons, including the fact that she thought Titania was a spoiled brat and beneath her son.
Is Titania or Odin close to matching Oberon in power?
Many mythological scholars believe that in the early days of the myths, humanity was matriarchal, worshipping some sort of "Great Goddess"-figure, but as time went on, it underwent a shift to a more patriarchal culture, producing male gods such as Zeus who toppled the "Great Goddess" and replaced her. Did such theories (assuming that you're aware of them) influence your vision of Oberon overthrowing his mother Mab and replacing her?
Did Oberon have any relationships with members of the third race after marrying Titania? If so care to name a few? Did he have any children from these relationships?
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs.
Care to give us the name of Oberon's father? Does it begin with a consonant or a vowel? I really like to know.
Oh, so you already know?
Are there any fay as powerful as Oberon and Mab? Care to list a few?
No or No.
I now have a list of questions to for you about love. ahhh
1. Does Hyena love Jackel?
2. Does Jackel love Hyena?
3. How serius are Hyena's feelings to Cyotie? Is she madley im love with him, or just mildly attracted? Either way, it's kinda gross
4. How does Cyotie feel toward Hyena? He seemed up for they idea of "making sparks fly".
5. Does Fox love Anistasia(before and after the Gathering)?
6. Does Halcyen still carry a torch for Anistasia? And does he now know that she is Titania?
7. Does Titania love fox?
8. Does Puck love Alex?
9. Does Oberon love anyone besides Titania?
10. Does Dracon dream about Elisa and him being together?
11. Was Brooklyn attracted to Demona before "Temptation". He seems to go after the most females.
12. Does Iago feel in love with Desdemona, or is it a strong sexual attraction, or is it just to hurt Othello?
13. Was there a time when Desdemona had feelings toward Iago?
14. Does Vinnie have a special someone (besides himself), or does everyone think he is too wierd?
15. Has Thailog ever felt love, even in the slightest way?
16. Was Malcolm and Elaina's wedding more out of love, or convenience?
17. Do Banquo and Florence have a thing for each other?
18. Does Cagney have a special kitty friend, or just Elisa?
19. Has the Magus been yerning for Kathern all of his life, and never told her how he felt? If yes., thats pretty sad.
20. And, somewhere deep deep down, both Goliath and Demona both yern to again be one, now and forever. Right? I better be. And this would have been shown in latter episodes besides dark ages right?
I'm sure you can see from my questions that I am QUITE the softy. And I love how Gargoyles uses this topic so often. Great job!!!
Twenty Questions! YAY! :P
1. Sure, to the extent she knows how.
3. Something between madly in love and mildly attracted.
4. He's indifferent in the incarnations you've seen.
6. Yes and Yes.
7. Of course.
9. Yes. His children and his Children and the island of his birth and all the funny little mortals. He's a benificent one, that Oberon.
11. I think Brooklyn respected Goliath too much to think that way, to allow himself to think that way.
12. The first two. The third is just a side benefit.
14. He is currently available? You interested?
15. He's not admitting to it, unless he's lying.
16. Politics. And a hope of love.
17. They're exes.
18. That avenue has not yet been explored.
19. Not all his life. After all, he's ten years older than she is. But yes, it is sad.
20. I think somewhere deep, deep down Goliath wants to be with Elisa. And somewhere deep deep down, Demona wants to be with someone who is right for her.
I might as well jump on the bandwagon here.
1. What did Titania whisper to Fox at the end of "The Gathering"?
I know you're not going to answer this, but in four years of posting here, I have never asked this, and figured I might as well at least once. Personally, I like not knowing the answer, and filling it in for myself.
Then you're wish is granted. I still won't tell.
1. Are there any other Oberon's Laws besides the "non-interfernce", "forking over talismens willingly", "Avalon Clan can stay" and "Goliath's Clan's immunity"?
2. If yes to above, what are a couple of those other laws?
3. Were there any placed before Oberon became King?
4. What are a couple of those?
1. I'm sure there are.
2. No cheese on Saturdays. No littering.
3. No. Mab likes cheese.
4. There was something about smoke alarms in the lavatories at the Palace, but now I'm blanking.
When Puck was offering Xanatos 1 wish or life service, wouln't that be breaking Oberon's law if David chose the wish?
No. Just bending it.
What is more powerful Oberon or a Space-Spawn planebuster?
What is a planebuster?
Sorry, two mistakes in my first letter. Here's the correct(?) one:
Let's say someone would put a spell on Fox so that she can only say the FULL truth and leave nothing out, what would she answer if she's asked what Titania had whispered to her in the night Oberon wanted to take Alex away to Avalon?
1a) Why does Oberon need a tracker to find Puck(a fellow fey), when both Titanya and the Wierd Sisters were able to locate the Gargoyles in the clock tower? b)Why could Oberon sence Titanya and not Puck? c)How was Budicca able to track Owen from the Park to the castle? Had Owen been frolicking in the park earlier?
2a)Did Titanya want things to end up as they did from the begining? b) If she did, how was she sure Puck would of shown up? c) If she didn't, then should I assume she wanted Gargoyles to help take the baby, and it wasn't reverse pyicoligy?
3)Why were nither Rinard, Vogel, nor the Gargoyle's put to sleep? Am I right in thinking Titanya protected them?
4)How did Rinard know about the danger? Did Xanatos or Titanya ask him for help?
5a) Why would the people of manhaten, think this was all a midsummer night's dream, with all the car crashes, injuries and, probably, deaths that occured? b) Would not all that damage break the non-interferance law?
Good luck with these, for all our sakes.
1a. He was in the mood. Besides, Puck is better at hiding.
1b. Puck is not his wife/soulmate.
1c. It's a magic flute, man. Just flow with it!
2a. So she says.
2c. I'm not going to interpret it for you.
3. Renard and Vogel were not in Manhattan when the spell was first cast. Also they had an energy field around the bridge.
4. Yes. Xanatos informed him.
5a. That's Oberon's interpretation.
5b. From his point of view, he didn't cause the damage. He was merely taking the mortals out of a conflict that would have interfered with their lives. The damage was a minor repercussion.
Did you ever have a name for Oberon's mortal form that we see in "The Gathering"? If so, what is it?
Is that his latest form he used while living in the 20th Century, like Anastasia Renard is for Titania?
Not at this time.
Is Puck one of Oberon and Titania's children? Keep in mind; if you say something like I can't tell or won't say, I'll take that as an affirmative answer.
Well, Gipdac if you take every "not telling" as an affirmative you're just going to be wrong a lot.
But I will answer this. CUZ I'VE ANSWERED IT BEFORE!!!
No, Puck is not one of Oberon and Titania's children. What even gave you that impression?
"I'll meet by moonlight" questions:
1 How does that name apply to the episode?
2 Why did Titanya and Oberon bother to make such a grand entrance? Or was that Avalon welcoming them back?
3 When Goliath, Gabreal and Angie fall into that water being filled filled by very hot lava, should not the water be too hot to swim in?
4 When Oberon made Goliath & his clan immune to his arts, was this some sota spell to make Oberon and his childern's magic not affect him, or was he saying he wouln't use his magic agenst them, or what?
5 By the end of the Gathering, did Oberon renew his promise about Goliath and clan being immune to his arts?
Not "I'll meet". "Ill Met". Very different.
1. It was an ill meeting under the moon when Oberon meets our gang. It's also a Shakespearean reference from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" the scene where Shakespeare introduces Oberon and Titania.
2. They do everything grand.
3. Stop calling her Angie.
5. He didn't have to. His word is law.
You said that Mab the mother of Oberon was connected to Chaos like many of the other first gods in mythology such as Tiamat, Ymir and Gaea who were created from chaos or were chaos incarnate and like many of these gods Mab is overthrown by a younger god who is descended from her and in our case it's Oberon. So did you have Mab be Oberon's mother not his sister or cousin just to fit the myth of older/chaotic god being overthrown by a younger god?
I'm sure that held influence. (Although I'd argue against Gaea being a chaos figure. I might also argue against Ymir too.)
Also, it just seemed right.
Oberon and Titania
Yep, more O&T questions. :) I love the characters: ones a schemer and the other one is arrogant and powerful.
1a. Does Oberon realize that Titania manipulates him?
1b. If so, how does he feel knowing his wife does that too him?
2. What color is Titania's (not Anatasia) hair? Pink, Orange, Red? I ask this cause in some scenes/episodes her hair seems to be changing colors.
1a. To some degree, of course.
1b. She is endlessly fascinatin to him.
2. I'm color blind. You tell me.
1. Will the Fae ever get involved in the resistance? (Other then Puck)
2a. What would the Fae's opinions be on Earth being conquered?
2b. Oberon's and Titania's opinions?
3. Would Titania be extremly upset, angry, 'beyond the no return type angry', or unconcerned that Alex has been...'kidnapped' by the Space-Spawn?
As you probably noticed with my previous questions, I like Oberon and Titania. :)
1. Not initially, for a good reason. Everyone gets involved one way or another eventually.
2. Whaddaya think?
3. I'm not confirming or denying Titania's continued existence in 2198.
I like 'em too.
1. before "The Gathering", did anyone besides Xanatos and demona know that Owen was Puck? you've said before that Fox didn't know, correct?
2. from what i know of Oberon and his relationship with Puck, i doubt that bringing him the Phoinex Gate would've convinced Oberon to let Puck stay in the mortal world any longer. what do you think?
2. Might have worked. Depended how Puck approached him. He's known Oberon a lot longer than you have.