A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Is Odin in any way related by blood to Oberon? In what way? How about the Weird Sister trio and the trickster quartet are they related to him by blood?
I'm not getting into this now.
My next question has to do with the wierd sisters. Is their big subterfudge to get demona and macbeth just come down to an evil wizard who wants world domination? It is an effective way to intoduce avalon and the coming battle, but it seemed during city of stone that their intrest in Demona & Macbeth was someting more. Did they have other plans for them and, if you don't mind reveling your secrets, what were they?
I do mind. But yes. There are wheels within wheels.
Which doesn't mean that what you saw in Avalon wasn't true.
But all things are true.
Where did you get the idea for a trio of goddesses that have connections to the moon?
Why are you posting anonymously?
At least come up with a consistent nom-de-screen, please.
In "High Noon", why did the Weird Sisters get Othello to seize back control of Coldstone from Iago? That rather puzzles me, seeing that the result of Coldstone's "shift in loyalties" saved Elisa and the clan, and consequently allowed Elisa, Goliath, and Bronx to help the Avalon clan against the Archmage and the Weird Sisters - almost a case of the Sisters shooting themselves in the foot, in fact.
Yeah, seems that way doesn't it.
But... first off, the Weird Sisters represent three opposing forces battling for ascendency without ever acknowledging or even being aware of the conflict. So more was going on then you saw.
Second, they were concerned with the Archmage's short term goals. They didn't want a prolonged battle. They wanted Demona and Macbeth to get away with the Gate, the Eye and the Grimorum. And they wanted the Manhattan Clan to be unaware of the theft. Helping Othello aided that cause.
Finally, it's asking a lot for them to predict what would happen on Avalon. Or is it?
Why were the Wierd Sisters chosen to guard Avalon, they seem to neede humility just as much (if not more) that any other Child of Oberon.
They're bulldog-like nature, mostly. Plus the Sisters have many functions.
1) Why did the Weird Sisters spend so much time and effort making Demona and MacBeth their pawns, and keeping them alive for nine-hundred and something years?
2) Why did the Archmage want those two in particular?
They seam pretty powerfull but there have got to be people of equal power in the 20th century (even people who would be willing o go the Avalon)
3) If they had over 900 years, why didn't the Weird Sisters get afew more pawns (would have been a good idea, considering ththier attack on Avalon failed)
1. Partially, because the Archmage asked them to. And for other reasons, I'm not yet revealing.
2. I don't think the Archmage fully knew the answer (or thought to care). Demona, he thought he was punishing for an earlier ("Vows") betrayal. But even that argument is specious. And he didn't know Macbeth from Adam.
3. The Archmage didn't ask for any others. That restricted them, vis-a-vis Oberon's Law.
Why would the Weird Sisters care if Goliath knew that the Gate, Eye and Grimorum was stolen?
They didn't want him looking for them.
In the Wierd Sisters incantation on Macbrth and demona they say "forever and eternal bound" so my quetion is
1) Can the Wierd Sister undo their spell
2) Can anyone else (with the exception of D and M killing each other)
2. Doubt it.
Various European mythologies include triple goddesses. Which of these are the Sisters? Are there more than one group of triple fay on avalon?
I'm choosing not to answer this at this time.
Greg I have a question on the three ladies:
Morgana, Nimue and Lady of the Lake are the three ladies which took Arthur to Avalon correct?
Are the three ladies the wired sisters?
I'm not sure about these "wired" sisters.
But they're not the Weird Sisters, if that's what you mean.