A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
Hiya, Greg! Glad to see Station 8's question-asking feature back from hiatus, despite the absolute flood of "ZOMGSPOILYOUNGJUSTICEPLEEZ" comments that've come in over the past three days; speaking of which, I finally saw "Targets" in television-level quality and loved every single minute of it all over again, and simply cannot wait for "Terrors." The villains in YJ are, in my humble opinion, the single greatest aspect of this wonderful show, so I was quite ecstatic to read the summary for that one.
Anyway, I'll apologize in advance if this question grows ridiculously fanboyish, but I'd really like to follow-up on a little blurb you typed way back in March. To whit:
"I don't know about Brandon, but I've begun watching Avatar with my son Benny. We're near the beginning of Season Two. I like it. I don't know how much of an influence there's been, since we started YJ before I started watching Avatar."
Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I was pretty much reduced to happy giggles the moment I read that. Personally, I consider "Gargoyles" and "Avatar: The Last Airbender" (alongside several shows in the DC Animated Universe) to, together, represent the absolute pinnacle of Western television animation, and the notion of the creator of one watching the other excites me in a way I can't really describe. As such, if you'll permit me, I'd like to ask a few more questions about your experience watching this fantastic show:
1. Have you completed watching the series yet? If not, how far do you still have to go? If so, do you have any general thoughts? What do you think "Avatar" did especially well, compared to other animated shows you've watched and critiqued? Where do you think it could've been improved?
2. Do you have a favorite character or episode? I realize that you dislike being asked this question with regard to your own shows (as they're all pretty much like your children, a viewpoint to which I can certainly relate), but I'm curious as to whether you think about these sorts of things when watching shows you aren't necessarily connected with?
3. Did you and Benny discover the series together, or did he introduce it to you? The latter is pretty much what happened with my Dad and I, LOL, so I'm interested.
4. Have you seen the Comic-Con 2011 trailer for the sequel series, "The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra"? If so, do you intend to catch it when it airs in 2012, if you happen to have the time (an unlikely prospect for you, I know, but still XD)?
Aaand...yeah, I think that's enough. Thank you so much for your patience and dedication to your fanbase, and I greatly look forward to seeing what YJ has in store for us all in the coming months!
1a. No. We have it on DVD, so the stuff we watch together on the DVR takes precedence, because my DVR is pretty much full to bursting... and it's even deleted some stuff that we were planning to get to because it was overloaded.
1b. Still in the middle of Season Two.
1c & d. I like it. Quite a bit, actually. But I don't think it's appropriate for me to go into detailed analysis of the work of my peers. It's one thing for me to talk about live action movies or television and/or stuff from long before I was working in the business. But it's awkward otherwise.
2. I guess I just don't think that way.
3. Benny introduced it to me. He's seen the whole thing, but enjoys rewatching it with me.
4. No, I haven't seen the trailer. I'm reluctant to watch the new series BEFORE I've finished the old one. SPOILERS, right?