A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
First I want to say that I loved your work since I was a kid. I'm 22 now and I liked Gargoyles when it was in first, only to positively love it when I caught it in reruns during my teen years. Spectacular Spider-Man is probably my second favorite super-hero cartoon of all times (and I've sought out most of them), second only to Young Justice. Icon is one of my favorite characters/series of all times and it just blows my mind that you've included him and Rocket on the show. On to the questions (I apologize if they stray into spoiler territory, I'm trying to "ask the right questions" as it were):
1) Connor seemed to take the revelation that he was named for an old sitcom character in stride. Have he and M'gann discussed how long she'd been "crushing" on him before they started dating, meaning he's unsurprised by the revelation? Like, since he's now found out that she modeled herself on the show's main character, he's not surprised that she suggested her crush take the name of Megan's crush from the show. Or did he just not particularly care there the name came from?
2) This one probably strays into spoiler territory but you say there weren't really super-heroes between the disbanding of the JSA and the debut of Superman in the relative present. However, you've also made reference to there being an Original Black Canary and there are several super-villains who are middle aged or older (Icicle, Tigress, and Sportsmaster in particular). Does that mean there simply weren't publicly known (or well known) super heroes and villains during the interim?
3) Is there any chance of seeing some of the background information for the show (like from the timeline and series bible, which seriously seem far more carefully planned than the DCnU) published somewhere? Something like the Allspark Almanacs for Transformers Animated.
And those are the only two questions I have that I think have a chance of not being spoilers. I have so many I'd like to ask about Icon and Rocket, but considering their comic book origins there are a load of implicit spoilers in even asking "how long have they been active?"
Please keep up the amazing work sir!
1. He was mostly unsurprised. And I don't think he cared too much.
2. Didn't make the same caveat for villains as I made for heroes, but there were a handful of heroes operating in secret during the interim.
3. Anything's possible, but not while that info would give away spoilers.