A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
I couldn't help but notice that when asked if Birdflash (Dick/Wally) could be canon, you said something like "I don't think either of them are gay". But when asked if Bart was gay, you answered with "Spoiler Request". I was just wondering:
1) if there's not supposed to be anything romantic between Jaime and Bart, why do they touch so much, like on the shoulder. A lot of people in the fandom think Bart might like Jaime, but Jaime touches him a lot too.
2) And in True Colors, how EXACTLY did Jaime know where Bart's camouflage thing was in his suit, (unless he put in there *waggles eyebrows*
3) In Intervention, right before Bart is pinned with Jaime's staple gun thing, the Ambassador asks scarab what he's waiting for, and he visibly hesitates. Was this display of reluctance meant to hint that Jaime (or the scarab) had feelings for Bart? Because it was right after he'd pinned Batgirl, and he didn't seem to have a problem with that.
4) Before Jaime knew Bart's motives for keeping an eye on him, did he think the reason Bart came to his house at night, and for Bart always putting his arm around his shoulder, was because Bart liked him?
5) If CN had okayed a homosexual couple (stupid that they didn't, even Disney had a lesbian couple in "Good Luck Charlie") do you think we might have seen a homosexual pairing in S2?
Sorry if these are psoiler requests. I hope not, because these events already happened. Anyways, thanks for your time, consideration, and brilliant work. I think it's very nice of you to have this faq thing for your fans. It gives us all a bit of closure.
This is the problem with me sometimes answering questions and sometimes not. When I refuse to answer, folks take it as evidence of something or other. But it's not. It's a non-answer. But then they compare it to some other question I did answer, just as you have done, and again they take the non-answer as evidence of something or other. But it's not. It's still a non-answer. The fact that I answered the other question - as in this case - is because I think there's ample evidence in the show to support it for a viewer even if I said nothing, so there's not much point in saying nothing.
1. I'm not going to respond to this. But I will say that I don't think what your describing proves anything one way or another. Heterosexual men who are friends, touch each other on the shoulder. Homosexual men who are friends but not interested in each other sexually touch each other on the shoulder. Homosexual men who are interested in each other touch each other on the shoulder. One homosexual man and one heterosexual man can touch each other on the shoulder, whether or not the homosexual is attracted to the heterosexual. Etc., etc., etc. There's just no evidence of anything here.
2. It's always the emblem.
3. It was meant to hint that the scarab is fighting not to hurt his best friend. It offers no evidence of romantic feeling. It offers no evidence that there's no romantic feeling. It offers NO EVIDENCE.
4 As friends, certainly. Beyond that, see above.
5. I can't answer based on what ifs.