A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
I've been re-watching Spectacular Spider-Man, and I'm now sure that it's the greatest Marvel show ever. There are a few questions I thought of while watching.
1. What inspired you to have Green Goblin be in a "rhyming mood" in "Opening Night"? I thought it was a really brilliant way to showcase how over the top he is.
2. Since Punisher, Cloak, and Dagger all first appeared in Spider-Man's comics, were you allowed to use any of them?
3. You've talked about where heroes like the Fantastic Four were during this show, even if you couldn't use them, but did you ever consider where Moon Knight, Black Widow, Hawkeye, or Dr. Strange were? Would you have considered using any of those characters if you could have?
4. When you were doing research on Spider-Man to write the show, were there any characters, especially villains, who you discovered and immediately felt like you wanted to use?
5. What made you decide to have Silver Sable be Silvermane's daughter instead of a mercenary? I really liked the change because of her chemistry with Hammerhead and because I think Silvermane is a very underrated villain, so I'm curious about what made you think of making those changes to her.
1. It was to further equate him with Puck.
2. It didn't come up, but I doubt it.
3. Moon Knight was probably not Moon Knight yet. Hawkeye was probably still a circus performer; Black Widow, a Russian spy. Dr. Strange was probably still in Tibet. Over time - and given enough episodes AND PERMISSION - I'd have used anyone and everyone.
4. Yep. Vulture, the Big Man, the Enforcers, Hammerhead, Electro, Lizard, Shocker, Sandman, Rhino, Tombstone, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Chameleon, Black Cat, the Sinister Six, the Burglar, Venom, Mysterio, Tinkerer, Kraven, Calypso, Master Planner, Colonel Jupiter, Silver Sable, Ricochet, Silvermane, Molten Man, Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Hydro-Man, Carnage and Kingpin.
5. Initially, their names.