A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Displaying 1 record.
Now that we had left the comedy development behind, it was timE to start working on a pitch to sell our new dramatic development. I wrote what follows, breaking it down so that our artists could figure out what pictures they might need to draw.
NOTE: The show was (briefly) retitled "THE GARGOYLE". And the Gargoyle (proto-Goliath) was a magical creation who lived in despair through the thousand years. Some of which background was later better incorporated into Demona's story.
(Weisman / 1-7-92)
DISTRIBUTION: Cranston, Fair, Felix, Guler, Kline, Krisel, Ryan, Schaefer, Stones
1. Title Card
2. Typical stone gargoyles. (Perhaps stone versions of our mini characters.)
3. Pull back, we see them on the ramparts of a castle under seige by the evil army of the WIZARD. Stalemate.
4. Evil Wizard creates our GARGOYLE king.
5. GARGOYLE sets out very menacing to do the wizard's bidding.
6. PRINCESS turns our Gargoyle to the side of good. Touches his heart.
7. Gargoyle prepared to fight for Princess...(with small goofy army of little gargoyles?)...just as the sun begins to rise.
8. Gargoyle turns to stone at rise of sun. (As the wizard's army attacks?)
9. Sunset. The castle has been sacked. The princess is gone. Our Gargoyle is heartbroken. (More TRAGIC than pathetic.) He's failed.
10. The years pass. He haunts the ruined castle. Howling in front of the full moon??
11. Years in solitude. (Stealing books from library??)
12. Occasional forays into humanity? (World War II? Ripping the wings off a German plane?)
13. Always left with sense of isolation and futility. Nothing for him in this world. Nothing for 1000 years.
14. Than everything changes. Castle lifted by giant airships. Laputaesque.
15. Castle lowered onto XAVIER'S skyscraper.
16. Introduce NEW menacing XAVIER??? (Maybe save til later?)
17. Introduce our heroine. Female police detective? (Do we reuse the Princess model??) How does our Gargoyle meet her?
18. As before, this woman gives him hope, a sense of purpose. And real human friendship.
19. Gargoyles protect from Barbarians at the gate. Manhattan is full of "Barbarians". Gargoyle stops a mugging?
20. Escalate. He stops a car full of bank robbers in it's tracks.
21. Escalate. Major villain card.
22. Escalate. Even tougher villain card.
23. Escalate. The toughest villain card. (Show villain and Gargoyle fighting?)
24. Gargoyle in city atmosphere. Gothic melodrama in very modern setting.
25. Maybe introduce Xavier here? Or perhaps in some way, shape or form, reintroduce threat of the Wizard? Are these two related?
26. Supporting characters. (Other gargoyles, perhaps, or our lead girl's kid? Other cops? The old librarian?)
27. Where does he live? Still in Xavier's tower? With Xavier? The library maybe?
28. Other types of stories?
29. End Card.
Open to suggestions and input. (Particularly from you, Gary. Call me if you get a chance. I don't want to lose time while your out of town.) There are a lot of open issues here. Most important, is this the structure your looking for, or do we want to begin in the present, with a compact flashback for explanation? It's harder to get the capital-T Tragic element in that way, but we're less likely to get the question "So this takes place in the past?" from JK or ME at the end of the pitch.