A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Greetings Greg! (Thanks for signing my Guest book on my site!)
Hmm... First a question, then the contests:
If the purpose of the Hill of the Sleeping King was to maintain Arthur Pendragon's health and age until the time of Britain's greatest need (esentially a "stasis chamber" of some sort), wouldn't the hill also be working on the Magus, since he fell on the cairn there after defeating the Weird Sisters?
Now, the contests:
1. King Arthur
2. The Lady of The Lake
4. Morgana le Fay
The 14 Clans
4. Guatemala Rain Forest
5. Isle of Avalon
6. Manhattan/New York
7. New Olympus Island
10. Amazon Rain Forest
12. Ozark Mountain Range
13. Orbital Colony/Earth
Hope I get at least some of them right. :) Thanks for talking to us Greg! See you in the CR!
Maintain and Check Six!
As to the Arthurian survivors -- Sorry, try again.
As to the clans, you need to submit them on a SEPARATE POST to even get a response. (I gave that admonition on the first day -- so NO SLACK.)
Hi, Greg. I think I'll take a shot at the Arthurian survivors.
2.Lady of the Lake
5.Morgana le Fay
Sorry, Arianna, try again.
14 Clan Guesses:
Another Clone Clan
Outer Space/Another Planet
Sorry, try again.
AND GENERALLY, you need to be more specific.
Arthurian Survivor Guesses:
Lady of the Lake
Morgana Le Fey
The Green Knight
Blanchefleur (Percival's Wife)
Sorry, Airwalker try again.
Yipes! *Eight* Arthurian survivors? This guessing game just got a little harder! :) But here are my eight guesses (and sorry for not including my original guesses from yesterday in a separate post; that was before you laid down the new rules for the guessing game).
1. King Arthur
2. The Lady of the Lake
4. Sir Percival
5. Morgan le Fay
8. The Grail Damsel
Sorry, Todd try again.
And by the way, AND THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE -- Don't hedge your bets. Be specific or your answer won't count.
The eight Arthurian survivors list:
1. Arthur 2.Lady of the Lake 3.Merlin 4.Perceval 5.Blanchfleur 6.Morgana 7.Green Knight 8.Blaise
Sorry, Aris. Try again.
Contest #2 (This one's all but impossible)....
At the time of "The Journey" there were ten clans extant in the Gargoyles Universe. Some were flourishing, some barely surviving.
By the year 2158, all ten would be in much better shape and two more clans would have already have been launched.
In the century that followed, two more, for a total of FOURTEEN clans, would also be launched.
Name the location of all 14 clans.
Same rules apply as in the Arthurian contest. Name all 14 correctly if you want a response. No hints for partial or partially correct answers. Guess as often as you like, but always on a separate "question" post to ASK GREG.
There will be a prize of some kind.
Officially restarting the contest...
In the Gargoyles Universe, there are eight survivors from the days of King Arthur. (I know I once said seven, but I forgot someone. Which isn't like me.)
Here are the rules. You have to name all eight correctly. Partially correct answers will receive no partial credit. I won't say you got three right and five wrong or whatever. I won't provide any hints at all beyond the following two names:
1. King Arthur
2. The Lady of the Lake
You have six more to guess. Remember, I'm looking for their Arthurian names. Yes, I've mentioned that Duval is one of the survivors, but listing him doesn't count, i.e. it doesn't count as a guess as to who Duval is, who the survivor is.
The winner will get a prize, I think. Nothing of any worth, but something. (Maybe a xerox of my recording script for Pendragon, complete with all my scribblings. That sort of thing seems to go over fairly well.)
You can guess as many times as you like. But always post it as a separate "question" to ASK GREG. Don't lump it in with other questions. And don't make multiple guesses on the same post. Just eight names. First to give me all eight correct in one post, wins.
Hello! This is my first time, so my apologies if I mess up here...
1: 7 Arthuran survivors...Arthur, Merlin, Lady Of The Lake, Duval, Gwynevere (sp?), Morgana le Fay, and Nimue.
2: What exactly was the Xanatos Program from Future Tense? Was it a virtual avatar of sorts, under the direct control of Lexington, or was it an independent and possibly sentient program? Or does it matter since it was all a dream? ^_^
Thank you for your time and attention. :)
1. O.K. Again, we're up to eight survivors now, and contest entries must be on a separate post. (And yes, I realize that you posted this before I posted the new contest rules. I can't believe how many people managed to post on Independence Day. Weren't any of you watching fireworks?
2. I'm not sure I understand, but Yes, Yes and no.
Phew! Nice to have this thing back! Now for some questions that I've been waiting a long time to ask.
1. In "The Journey", during his recruitment speech, Castaway, while playing upon the fears of the citizens in his audience, lists two specific ones: that the gargoyles might attack them while they sleep and that they might kidnap their children. Recently, I found myself realizing something about these fears. Gargoyles obviously fear humans attacking them while they are in their stone sleep, and Demona believed in "The Reckoning" that Princess Katharine and the Magus had kidnapped the eggs. So, were you deliberately going for a notion of "humans and gargoyles fear each other for parallel reasons" when you wrote this scene, or am I just reading too much into it?
2. My new guesses for the 7 Arthurian survivors:
a. King Arthur
c. The Lady of the Lake (so far, the obvious ones :)
d. Sir Percival
e. The Grail Damsel (since she's got a different name in practically every version of the Arthurian/Grail legends, I figured I'd better just put down her position to make it clearer whom I meant)
f. Morgan le Fay
3. One of the most intriguing aspects of the gargoyles in the series, to me, was their initial lack of personal names, something that worked particularly well with me since it made them seem even more "their own unique culture" (I particularly liked the scene where Hudson was asking why humans have to name everything in "Awakening Part Three"). What inspired you and the other members of the production team to come up with this idea?
1. I don't think you're reading too much in, but you need to keep in mind that I was breathing gargoyles at the time. It filled my thoughts. Whether I was conscious of those specifics parallels, doesn't answer whether they were intentional or not. Does that help?
2. We're up to eight now. Plus guesses need to be on their own post. Note: it's best to be as specific as possible. Bet hedging is no way to win a silly contest.
3. Originally, desperation. We had a hell of a time getting names approved. Coming up with a rationale for waiting until the twentieth century to name most of our characters was an inspiration I was grateful my boss went for. Fortunately, he saw that it solved all our problems. Gave us young characters with names that had a more contemporary, yet fun feel. Allowed Goliath to stand out from the crowd more. Made Demona's name less silly and more chilling. Etc. Making Gargoyles a unique culture was the solution to a difficult problem. One of the many things, that just made the show feel "right".