A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. I am a huge fan of the show and I think that you have created the first truly perfect animated television series (it's not a question, but it's true).
2. I am also a fan of the J. Michael Straczynski run on ASM, will we see some of his villains (like Morlun, Shathra, est.) in any upcoming seasons?
3. Can you add in the Spider-Mobile, for one episode, just for the fun of it?
4. Will we be seeing Iron Patriot any time soon (I'm also a big Norman Osborn fan)?
1. THANKS! (Uh, which show are we talking about?)
2. No comment.
3. No comment.
4. No comment, but now I'm guessing you were talking about Spectacular Spider-Man, right?
In Gangland, when Silvermane is in his exo-suit, what exactly is it he uses against Spidey and the other crimelords? Is it sonics or some kind of energy pulse?
I think the latter, but that weapon was the brain child of director Jennifer Coyle, so you'd have to ask her to be positive.
Greetings from Spain, Greg :)
I've been gliding through the archives in the hopes of finding something, anything, that can help me remember what my absolutely vital question was las time Ask Greg was open (Ask Greg closed before I could submit it). I'm sure it was something super boring about insights and Gargoyle psychology (especially Goliath's, I find him complex and amazing) but well. I'll have to stick to the rant that went with it and spare you the question :D.
You've heard all kinds of praises and ear-candies about you and the show by now, so I really don't want to be boring and repetitive.But the fact is that more than twelve years after the show was first aired here, I'm still as hooked as I ever was. If not more. I was in college then (imagine, I'll love watching cartoons till the last day :D) and I couldn't believe how good that episode of this Gargoyles thing I randomly caught one day was. I ended up rushing out of classes for the rest of the term, not to miss a single episode more.
You've explained before how you really feel that the story it's out there somewhere, and you tapped into it, somehow. I understand what you mean. It feels that way. Exactly that way.
The characters are so dimensional that they make the story so intense and...well, real. To the point that I'm not only positive about it being the best tv show I've ever seen, but also feels like one of the best readings. Your story is better than 80% of the books I've read in the last, say, 12 years. One almost yearns for something like Gargoyles happening to the world, with the same intensity which half the female population around the world dreams of finding Mr. Darcy... And that is something I truly thank you for.
Goliath and Elisa deserve a special mention. I don't think I've fallen so in love with a fictional couple since..well..Mr. Darcy here and Elizabeth (mm..actually I think I might have subconsciously matched the two brooding heros with the two strong-willed women, even though their stories are so different..). No wonder Elisa couldn't get herself off Goliath's hook and viceversa. And by the way, going through the archives, I read something about clan wind ceremonies on Elisa's dying. I'm amazed, I couldn't even picture it. It's so sad, one or the other dying, that even if intellectually it's something obvious, I really don't want to know that far. Pretty childish of me I guess but, well. I want some things eternal :D
For a Gargoyles unconditional, I guess I was born in the wrong country, lol. But one day, who knows! I just hope Gatherings are still happening.
Thank you so much, Greg, for a lot of reasons. Not only for the show and the comics and being here to feed the beasts from time to time, but for your dedication. For not giving up. For believing in what you do, and therefore allowing some of us to go along for the ride, and end up believing in what WE do (doomed-storyteller here :))
Wish you all the best, Greg, and I really hope you can find soon a way to let the story go on. The clan would want you to ;)
PS: Just so you know, I showed Awakenings to Tania, a dear friend, and she watched the entire show, plus TGC (which she didn't really enjoy as much, by the way) in less than ten days.
PPS: I hope my english was understandable enough, by the way!
Hey, I'll take all the Jane Austen comparisons (particularly favorable ones) that you want to dish. I'm a big fan. And I'm sure she was (at least) an indirect influence on my work.
And your English is just great. Thanks for all the kind words.
A few questions about The Spectacular Spiderman:
1) Has the real Mysterio even crossed paths with Spidey at all, not counting the pre-Mysterio encounter in "Persona"? Just wondering because of the running gag about Mysterio's robot doppelgangers.
2) In âPersonaâ, who hired Chameleon and who hired Black Cat?
3) Do you plan on having Felicia Hardy appear out of costume in a future season?
4) Was there any significance to the lone pumpkinhead goon who got away at the beginning of "Final Curtain"?
1. Define "crossed paths".
2. No comment.
4. Yeah. He got away with all those weapons loaded in the truck. So even though Spidey webbed up the majority of goons at that heist, the weapons still made it to Gobby's Gob Squads.
So, first, gushing praise: I've been a Spidey fan since my dad bought me my first comic, and I'm one of the ones that says that Spectacular Spiderman is the best adaptation to hit the screen (big or little).
Next, a few backstory questions:
1. What happened to Gwen's mother in this continuity? Are the Stacys divorced or separated (as in Ultimate Spiderman) or did something happen to her?
2. Next, kinda wondering how Harry, a rich, not terribly bright kid, ended up being best friends with two geeks, and the circumstances around that. Middle school/high school cliques being practically forces of nature unto themselves, Harry linking himself with the "brains" probably would have upset socially conscious Sally long before the spider bite and complaints about "upset social order" (which was pure gold, by the way).
3. Eddie mentions that his and Peter's fathers were lab partners together. In what field? (And was there anything "funny" about that plane crash?)
4. Where *did* Peter get his costume and equipment from?
And one last question:
Where is a good place to check to find out about the current status of The Spectacular Spider-man and the third season? Keeping an eye out here on new questions is a bit... clunky.
1. She passed away. I'm actually thinking breast cancer, but don't hold me to that.
2. I think Harry is actually pretty smart, just not on Pete or Gwen's level in science. And certainly his father cares more about grades than football or popularity, and we all know how important Norman's opinion was/is to Harry.
3. No comment.
4. We'll reveal this eventually.
5. Sorry, but I don't know where else to send you. You can try some of the boards like ToonZone or SuperHeroHype, but I lurk there occassionally, and I see a LOT of misinformation. Sometimes it's innocent. Someone presents a theory or opinion. And days or weeks later, someone misremembers it as fact. Other times, I feel like certain people willfully post misinformation for their own reasons.
Folks at Sony are feeling pretty good about Spidey's recent ratings on Disney XD. Here's some info...
Returning to its regular time period, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN "Nature vs. Nurture" delivered a season high 1.71 B6-11 Rtg, up +67% from its season average (1.02).
The 18-episode marathon on 5/25/09 improved significantly over the time period's prior 4 week averageâ¦ +279% in B6-11 Rtg, +250% in B6-14 and +226% in B9-11.
Second Season episodes will begin airing Monday 06/22/09. Check local listings for times.
This is probably a very akward question to ask, but it's been bugging me for a while so I just have to ask. A lot of your spin-offs involve the Gargoyle timeline further along than it started and closer to our real life present time, so I was wondering: Will the Gargoyle and their world's timeline involve themselves with 9/11 or make reference to it or would that be too controversial and be glossed over? Again sorry if this is inapropriate, I just wanted to know your take on the issue.
It's not innappropriate, it's just been asked and answered multiple times before. Please search the archives.
Dont think Im perverted for asking this but after seeing Goliath and elisa's relationship on the show I just got really curious,is it possible for gargoyles to mate with humans not reproduce just simply mate.
I found out what the ratings were for Spectacular Spider-Man: low. Does this kill the chances of season 3? Does it worry you, or are they expected to increase come the next season?
Your information has no context. From what I've head, relative to other Disney XD fair, the ratings have been decent.
Obviously, I'd prefer them Spectacular, but since the second season hasn't even aired yet, we are still in wait and see mode.
Hello. Does Greg have a MySpace page?