A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I actually have a question a friend wants to know...
If Marvel and Disney are so pleased with your work on The Spectacular Spider-Man and give you the opportunity to make another Marvel series when your 65 episodes are done (Note I said WHEN because I have higher hopes for this show than I did with Futurama) would you, Victor Cook and the rest of the crew be willing? If so, which other of Marvel's superheroes would you like to work with?
I would definitely be willing. And at the moment, I can't think of a Marvel hero I wouldn't want to work on.
1. Why did Electro go from "I want to be normal again" to "Being Electro is awesome!"?
2. You mentioned Ock only revealed he was the master planner to his inner circle. Why the tinkerer if he's a freelance agent?
3. Why does Sandman exclusively work for the Master Planner? His powers were paid for by the Big Man, yet Hammerhead had to pay a services fee.
4. Is Doc still at Ravencroft or have the staff caught on to his act?
5.The only named villains not in jail/Ravencroft are Lizard, Vulture, Sandman, Goblin, Chameleon, Mysterio, Kraven, Hammerhead, Tombstone, and Silver Sable. Correct? No escapes have been cut for time right?
6. What are Mark's chances of Parole? He hasn't done that much compared to some of the other villains, (destruction of public property) and can't really do anything without Goblin's remote. (Not that anyone knows that)
Awesome show and I really hope you get more seasons.
1. I don't think he ever went to "Being Electro is awesome!" I just think he's insisting that until he is cured, he IS Electro and not Max. He doesn't (in his way) want the two confused.
2. Guess he needed Tinkerer and/or trusted him.
3. Ock managed to corner the super-villain market, with the exception of the Enforcers.
5. Uh... no. None cut for time.
6. He hasn't even come up for trial yet.
Spider-Man editor Steve Wacker was doing a 24-hour live Twitter-cast today on Newsarama.com and he mentioned that you had written a "very emotional" Flash Thompson story for Marvel, though he didn't mention if it was for Amazing or Web. Either way, I was glad to see that they were at least acknowledging how good Spectacular Spidey is, and just wanted to say congrats, can't wait to read it, and I hope it leads to more (especially if the show doesn't come back).
The issue is out (Amazing #622) and I'm pretty proud of the story. I hope you check (checked) it out.
Were the present scenes in "City of Stone" the first time MacBeth actually tried to kill Demona? She seemed surprised when he did.
Will we ever see any of their meetings prior to CoS?
No, not the first time, and I don't think she was all that surprised at all. Listen to what she says.
And, given enough opportunities, you'd eventually see everything.
Why is it that Tom and Katharine never had any biological children of their own?
Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked through archives but couldn't find anything on the subject.
It's in there. But the short answer, it's not for lack of trying. But it's not like they were diagnosed at a fertility clinic.
What would have happened if Xanatos had worn the Eye of Odin instead of giving it to Fox?
Lots of stuff!
Since, judging by your Rambles, you're a big fan of the TV show Buffy, I was wondering if you've read the Season 8 comics? If so, what's your opinion on them been so far?
I have been reading "Season 8" and I'll admit I haven't loved them as much as I really WANT to. But I'm reserving judgment until the Twilight arc is over and I can reread it all and see how it tracks.
I know you've gotten quite a few questions concerning the third season of Spidey but I'm afraid I'll have to add another one.
The last substantial "news" I heard about it was when I attended Comicon 09, where we were told it was basicly still up in the air, awaiting the ratings of season 2. Now, quite some time has passed since Comicon and a major event has occured: Disney has bought Marvel.
Now my question is: Since the Disney buyout, has anything changed concerning the renewal of The Spectacular? Do you feel Spideys chances have grown now Disney is involved (the show was airing on DisneyXD after all)? Or has there been any update on the season 2 ratings?
Thanks Greg, I will remain hopefull.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Check the archives, please, for your answer.
Hey Mr. Weisman,
I noticed that in the Bad Guys issues, character's inner thoughts were shown through narration boxes, while in the final few issues of Clan-Building, Brooklyn's thoughts were shown in cloud-shaped thought balloons. Is there any reason for the difference?
It's stylistic. I think captions are more distancing... so they feel more thoughtful, less immediate. Thought balloons seem more casual.
I decide those kind of things on a case-by-case basis.
Since the Gathering of the Gargoyles is ending, do you ever plan on posting the Demona/Atlantis footage that only got shown there?
I don't have it to post, and I wouldn't know how or where to post it if I did. Even so, I think the answer is no. Because ultimately, Disney owns the underlying material that the fan work is built on. Showing it at a special event is one thing. Making it available to the world feels like something I could get sued over.