A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Two questions about the comic #10 - a lovely twist on the old series, by the way:
* Captain Atom can revert to a human form. Since "Nathaniel Adams" has been dead for 43 years, does he use another alias (Cameron Scott?).
* Cap is technically 71, but had (through some NO COMMENT event) in 1968. Does he age, or is "Cameron Scott" 28 for the rest of his life?
* The issue mentions "to be continued" at the end, but the solicits for the upcoming issues (#11-#13) make no reference to this storyline. Will this be dealt with in the comics after #14 or in the TV series? I can understand if this is NO COMMENT territory, just curious.
1. Candidly, yes. Though nothing is canon until or unless it's established in the show or the comic.
2. Captain Atom is chronologically 70 in the year that the series is set. Whether or not he ages, is as yet unclear. He hasn't been back long enough to be sure.
3. We will eventually come back to this storyline in the comics...
Hi there! First and foremost, thanks so much for creating this show (and everyone else who worked on it). It was the main trigger that set me down the path of the animation industry. Loving it!
Q1: Are the gargoyles truly natives to planet earth?
Q2: What have they evolved from, and do they have their own version of 'Adam & Eve'?
Q3: (Continuation of Q2) Did their race's stone sleep originated from there on? how and why (spell/curse)?
Q4: How do female gargoyles retain their ability to nurse their young, considering that their young would only hatch a decade later?
2. There's been much discussion about this, particularly at Gatherings-past. I'd recommend checking the 'Gargoyle Biology' archive here at ASK GREG and/or raising the question in the Station 8 Comment Room. (http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/comment/index.php) A number of people there have theories on this topic.
3. It evolved. It's natural. Not a curse/spell.
4. Their biological clocks are designed to accommodate this.
I'm sorry if this comes across as too harsh; it isn't my intent. My question is about the tie-in comics. I'm a bit concerned with Artemis' portrayal--namely, the fact that she's usually colored with blue eyes and much more "peaches and cream" skin tone than she has on the show. I know it probably won't be possible for already completed issues, but is there any chance of correcting this in the future? As much as I enjoy the comic and want to support the show, I'm not comfortable with what could be misconstrued as whitewashing one of the few Asian superheroes. I don't believe there's any real intent to do that, since the colorist has probably never watched the show and just assumed that the blonde girl would be a blue-eyed Caucasian, but it's a bit distracting and it's beginning to impair my enjoyment of the book.
Again, I don't want this to sound accusatory, and I have a great deal of respect for everyone who works on the show. I'm just a bit dismayed by this, because a lot of fans don't seem to realize that Artemis is half-Vietnamese: the vast majority of fanart also gives her blue eyes and Caucasian skin tone and facial features.
Thanks again for reading this, and I look forward to all future installments of Young Justice. :)
We are in fact making an effort to correct this. I'll take the blame for this. I review all color, but I sometimes do it on a relatively small screen and the eye-color errors slipped past me. But please know that no one was ever trying to 'white-wash' the character. Mistakes do happen, but there was no 'intent' behind them. They're just mistakes. Apologies.
Why is Zatanna's designation A03 and who are A01 and A02?
She's A-03, because she's the third person to receive the A designation.
As for A-01 and A-02 - ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Hey greg! It's me again. Thanks for approving my last question, I realy appriciate it! Anyways, I have more questions for you about the spectacular spiderman, not to annoy you with these kind of questions. Anyways, here it goes. Question 1: Has sombody ever made an animated movie of spiderman after they finished the series it was from? Question 2: Could it have been possible to make a movie of the spectacular spiderman after it was cancled, just to finish off the series? Question 3: Could it still be possible to make a finishing movie, even though you don't have the rights to it anymore? Thanks for your time, Michael.
1. I don't think so.
2. Well, anything's possible - and I certainly would have been willing - but it didn't happen.
3. It seems highly unlikely.
1.Does Superboy draw his powers from Earths yellow sun like Superman?
2.What does Martion Manhunter think of Superboy?
2. I'll leave that to the viewer's interpretation, I think.
Can the flash still time travel even though theres no speed force?
what are the birthdays of everyone on the team as well as captain marvel and black canary?
I don't know.
Wasn't the motherboxxx in possesion of mr. miracle? Or are there multiple motherboxxxes? Also, does this mean there will be adventures to Apokolips or a visit from Darkseid?
There are multiple motherboxes.
Hi Greg! Great work on the Young Justice show. I noticed that Icon and rocket were included in an episode, making their first animated appearance. Just a quick question: What are Icon's powers in this show and will he be voiced and play a plot-centric part in a future episode? Oh and I hope Rocket doesn't have ANY kids in the show lol.
Icon's powers include (but may not be limited to) enhanced strength, invulnerability, flight and the ability to fire pulse blasts.