A Station Eight Fan Web Site
About the League's leadership:
1) When Canary becomes leader, was it because Captain Atom's lenght was over or because he stepped down?
2) Can a member be leader two years in a row if he is elected?
3) In Legacy, Batman was acting as Team supervisor (or liason with the League), which is a duty of the League's leader. Almost at the end, he says "I've sent the League out to help quell the panic". So during early 2015, was he the leader?
4) If so, when did Batman's lenght as leader (during 2015) start and finish? And during 2010?
5) After Aqualad leaves, the task of recruiting new members falls into Nightwing. Does that mean he always recruits the freshmen or, like in season 1, the mentors bring them into the Cave?
1. The former. In my head, I had a vague notion that it had been up for some weeks, but Cap stayed on to finish out the Reach crisis. But that's just a notion.
3. Team liaison is not by definition a duty of the League leader. The leader can delegate that to someone else if he or she choses. But, it does seem that he's the leader from that quotation. On the other hand, he may simply have had monitor duty and was being a bit loose (and paternalistic) in his word choice.
4. It's a one-year term. I'm not going to be any more specific than that, at this time.
5. A little from column A; a little from column B.
Thanks for reading my question, Mr Weisman I'm a HUGE fan of Young Justice! It shouldn't be of any trouble.
If Aquaman knew that Kaldur's biological father was Black Manta and had kept this a secret,
1) How did Aquaman know?
2) How did Kaldur find out and use this to go undercover? Surely Manta would've thought this suspicious
3) Also, did Manta know Kaldur was his son?
1. No Spoilers.
2. No Spoilers.
1) At the end of "Usual Suspects", Vandal Savage takes a Zeta Tube to the Watchtower. The control panel indicated he came from Central City. Was this scripted or was the departure supposed to be from somewhere else and this is likely recycled art since it matches the screen seen back in "Infiltrator" when Wally West goes to the Cave in his beach gear?
For 2-4, I previously tried to ask you on Twitter if these Beast Boy and Wonder Girl biographies on a DC Nation supplement were canon but you viewed it on your phone and the writing wasn't legible. I noticed the profile also shows up in the Young Justice Volume 2 Training Day trade paperback so I took close-up photos. Hopefully, this time you will able to make it out.
Photo of Wonder Girl bio: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/kenshi528/wondergirl_dcnation_freshman_zpscdb7619a.jpg
Photo of Beast Boy bio: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/kenshi528/beastboy_dcnation_freshman_zps9376adfb.jpg
Just in case:
The Wonder Girl profile reads "Cassie Sandsmark is the daughter of an archaeologist... and the Greek god Zeus! After Wonder Woman discovered the amazing powers of Cassie's birthright, she granted her new protege the name Wonder Girl."
The Beast Boy profile reads "After a Martian blood transfusion and a green monkey bite, Garfield Logan gained the power to transform into any animal he encounters. Calling himself, Beast Boy, he's morphing right into the Team"
2) I only ask because a lot of these DC Nation profiles for individual characters from Young Justice have been incorrect with certain details in the past. Are these two profiles canon?
3) Is it canon Cassie Sandsmark's father is Zeus and that Wonder Woman was the one who discovered she had super powers?
4) Is it canon that Garfield Logan's powers manifested fully once he received a green monkey bite?
5) For Young Justice: Legacy, Vanessa Marshall once commented she did voice some lines for Black Canary. In the final product, Black Canary had no lines. What were her lines or in general what were they about?
For reference, her tweet: https://twitter.com/vanmarshall/status/432776173114757120
1. I honestly don't recall.
2. Both are correct as far as they go. I don't want to label ANYTHING canon that isn't in the show or the comic or Legacy (and even Legacy has caveats), but these are not incorrect.
3a. Yes. 3b. No one said she discovered them first.
4. I don't want to confirm or deny cause and effect here. That would be a spoiler. But it's true that he was bitten by a green monkey. (Actually, more than once.)
5. I don't remember, and I don't have that information here at my Nickelodeon office.
Are the alternate costumes as seen in Young Justice Legacy canon?
Not so much a question as something interesting for anyone who feels up to it. Quizzes of EVERY character in YJ and Gargoyles. Go nuts.
Well, I got 50% on YJ and 86% on Gargoyles. (Though I think I've done the latter before.)
I consider both scores pathetic. My memory sure ain't what it used to be.
Is Little Orbit still interested in using their existing license to make a sequel to Young Justice Legacy set during Season 3?
It doesn't seem like it.
I've always been a big fan of Babylonian Mythology so I got a big kick out of all the references in Young Justice Legacy, Marduk, Tiamat, the Tablet of Destiny ect...
1) On Earth-16, is Nabu also the Babylonian God of Wisdom of the same name?
2) If so, what was his relationship to Marduk?
1. I'd have to do more research to answer that. (You clearly know more about the Babylonian pantheon than I do.)
2. See the answer to Question 1.
What year did Aquagirl join the team?
I just rewatched the YJ first season finale , great episode and the New Year kisses and Tornado comment always makes me smile.
Anyway, regarding Zatanna and Nightwing:
1) Did they love each other when they were dating? If yes, did they get to say it?
2) When someone asked if they still have feeling for each other you said "Depends how you're defining 'feelings'". And other tim eyou said the same but you added a "yes" at the end. So, do they still love each other? (I'm not asking in a romantical or platonical way, but if could clarify that you would make me the happiest men in the planet)
3) Did the last part sound like a marriage proposal?
4) I just brought YJ: Legacy, great story (Tula's death almost made me cry) and voice acting, the graphics and the gameplay weren't great but they still satisfy me. And I loved when in the middle of a fight you can hear Dick say "Guys, I'm whelmed"
5) Was Mal in the team by the time Tula died (YJ:L)?
1. No spoilers.
2. I stick by my original answer(s).
3. Not to me.
5. You saw what you saw.
A few weeks ago I asked when did Dick and Zatanna broke up, and now i realize that you are probably not going to give me an exact date. So the question are:
1) Did they broke up before or after Legacy?
2) You said that Batman offered to reveal his secret identity to Zatanna and asked her to move to the manor. We know that she moved to the Cave but did Bruce told her his identity anyway?
3) You also said that Nightwing hides his identity from newbies. Does that mean that the original team knows? And Troia and Bumblebee?
4) Is Zatanna's birthday the same as in the original comics? (May 20th)
5) And if the answer to my second question is no, did Zatanna find out Dick's identity before the other because they were dating?
Thanks for your time and sorry if they are Asked and Answered, Spoiler Request or something
1. No spoilers.
3. As of season two, yes.
3a. No spoilers.
4. I don't know.
5. That suggests an order of events that I don't want to confirm or deny.
In Beneath, Nightwing said that Psimon had been in a coma since his last encounter with Miss Martian. Was he referring to the events of Image, or a battle that happened sometime during the 5 year gap?
Both, kinda. Check out Young Justice Legacy.
First off all I want to point out how much I love young justice and spectacular spider-man and how thankful I am to you and your teams for creating such wonderful stories that I hope will someday continue. But I have some questions about Young Justice.
1. How old is Troia?
2. Do you think how the characters fought in Young Justice Legacy is pretty close to how they would have fought in the show or comics? I ask this because I really enjoyed playing as Rocket but she could "shoot" a sort-of energy blast attack and I remember you saying from a long time ago that Rocket could only fly and create force bubbles, or did she learn this ability over the five year gap?
3. Have you talked to Brandon about Artemis, Zatanna, Miss Martian, and Wonder girl appearing in Scooby Doo Wrestlemania? Does that story take place on Earth-16
4. Did you have story arcs planned for some of the lesser established characters like Rocket and Tempest, that you would have told if you had gotten more episodes or comics?
5. One of Batgirl's alternate costumes on Young Justice Legacy is a Batwoman costume, does that mean Batwoman exists on Earth-16
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
1. No spoilers.
2. The game took some liberties with the characters' powers.
3a. Not so much. But clearly our girls have parallels on Earth-Scooby.
5. No spoilers.
I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not but 1.what is it going to take for at least another season for young justice in comics? (I don't know if I asked that right but hopefully you understand )
Honestly, I hope you have another chance to have another season on TV ( I just really really love that version better but if comic is the only way.. Than I will buy every volume or at least try to). I just really really want to know what happens next (not a question just a statement ).
And with that being said .. 2.Why is so important that merchandise must be sold in order for you guys to have another season? Because I seen some other commits and they said y'all had good ratings but y'all just wasn't selling enough (I think). 3.What were y'all selling? I say that because I didn't even know y'all was selling anything. 4.Was it even advertise?
Also, I heard that there is a new president (or somthing like that) in Cartoon Network. 5.Do you think he would change it (I mean make another season for young justice ) if we call enough or something? Email?? Do anything??
I understand the show was canceled but that don't stop me form believing that there might be -even if there is a really small - chance that the show could one day come back.
1. It's up to the good folks at DC Comics. Christopher Jones and I have pitched doing more YJ multiple times now. So far they haven't taken us up on it.
2. Our ratings were decent - but far from stellar and rather inconsistent. But our BUDGET was largely based on income from toy sales that never materialized.
3. Well, there were toys for awhile there. More recently there were DVDs and now BluRays. The soundtrack album. The video game, Young Justice Legacy. And the companion comics and the trades that collected them. Plus a t-shirt, I think.
4. A bit. But most licensees view the show as the main advertisement.
5. I honestly don't know.
And though none of the above sounds too encouraging, I also hold out hope that we'll be back in some form someday.
I'm a big fan of Young Justice. As a comic book reader I was really happy with how you portrayed Cheshire and her relationship with Roy in general. This couple is really interesting and it's a shame their relationship got so little screen time. Anyway I have some questions and I'd be really happy if you could answer them
1.Can you tell me when approximately Jade and Roy became a couple? Was it before or after Jade helped Roy escape from the Shadows?
2.Approximately how long they were a couple before they got married?
3.When they were in Tibet to rescue Speedy was everything already back to normal between them as a couple?
4.Does Roy love Jade as much as she loves him? I mean, in the Journals he so casually mentioned that they tied the knot.
5.How does the relationship between Roy and his parents-in-law look like? Does Sportsmaster care for his granddaughter?
I hope that's not too much. Thank you in advance :)
1. This was all revealed in the Young Justice Legacy video game. If video games aren't your thing, I believe they've compiled all that information at the Young Justice Wiki, here: http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Justice_Wiki.
2. See above.
3. "Normal" is not a word I'd EVER use for their relationship.
4. Wait, so you've read the journals? Then you already know the answers to these questions 1 and 2, right? Anyway, I think he loves her and she loves him, but neither of them are particularly optimistic about the long term prospects for their relationship.
5. Does Sportsmaster care for anyone? Roy's relationship with his mother-in-law is fine. Roy's relationship with his father-in-law is not ideal, but can you blame him?
So I bought Young Justice: Legacy and played it today. I'm going to be blunt, Greg. It was awful. I played 2 missions and stopped. I can't really come up with a single compliment. The graphics, the gameplay, movements, everything was awful. And the initial (joke?) Kid Flash dialogue about asking if the archeologist was rich made me cringe. I know the story must have been better, but I just can't see myself playing through this game.
I know this is not your fault AT ALL, but I just find it very unfortunate that a series I love so MUCH like Young Justice has been tainted by this awful awful game.
I was wondering if I would have appreciated it more had it been a mobile game, but the fact is I found the whole combat system completely counter-intuitive, I really don't know what Little Orbit was thinking.
I know it was a low budget game, but maybe Little Orbit should've tried making a side-scroller instead. This game tries to be X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance, when it is obvious that it doesn't have the resources to make a comparable game.
I really hope YJ is resurrected some day, but NOT like this.
Well, I'm not sure what to say. I'm not a gamer, myself. I have no experience in this area. Other folks seemed to have enjoyed it well enough. But I can't judge. I'm still proud of the story, and I think the game is worth supporting for the story if nothing else, and because supporting ANY official YJ product is a vote for bringing the show back.
These question are in terms of Young Justice: Legacy
1) How was Riddler controlling Psimon?
2) In Santa Prisca, Black Manta's vehicle was stated to be the Manta Sub at one time and the Manta Flyer at another. Which vehicle was present with Black Manta - the Manta Sub, the Manta Flyer, or both?
This is embarrassing, but I just don't remember the answer to either question.
These questions are in terms of Young Justice: Legacy
1) Who voiced Dr. Sandsmark?
2) In Greece, Alpha Squad heads to the Natural History Museum in Athens in search of the first statue fragment. Was this museum based on the Goulandris Natural History Museum or was it an original creation for Earth-16?
1. Mae Whitman.
2. Honestly, I don't know.
1. Do you think it's possible for another young justice video game?
2. Can you say if Tempest, Troia , Sergeant Marvel & Lieutenant Marvel are still active as heroes despite leaving the team? or is that a spoiler
1. Possible, certainly, but I haven't heard anything.
2. SPOILER REQUEST.
I haven't played YJ:Legacy yet (med school, *sigh*), but I've been a little disappointed in all the bad reviews for the game. I have a couple of questions regarding the game. (Sorry if they seem a little long, but I had to get my point across before each question.)
1. Did you get to view the finished product in its entirety?
2. The game was lower priced and clearly wasn't supposed to be viewed as a full-fledged console game, but instead as a lower-priced shorter companion game for fans of the show. Do you think the negative reception has been due to people expecting too much??
3. Can you estimate the game's costs??? With 70k units sold plus Steam sales and DLC, I'm assuming it's made a little under 3 million in revenue. The game obviously has a lower budget than most, and it seemingly had 0 marketing and advertising. Do you know if it is profitable? Is Little Orbit happy or underwhelmed with sales? Considering it's a small company with its first console game, it's hard to pinpoint what their expectations were.
4. Assuming Little Orbit doesn't follow up with a sequel, what hope is there for a continuation in the Young Justice franchise?? Is there a possibility for another game, another comic, a film?
5. Side-note: I hope Star Wars is coming along sweet! And I REALLY hope I'm not bothering you next year about why the big wigs canceled my new favorite show.
1. In advance? No.
2. Don't know. The reception hasn't been so much negative as mixed. At least as far as most of the reviews I've seen. A lot of praise for story and character.
3. Not a clue.
3a. No idea.
3b. Don't know.
4. It's possible, but there's nothing on the horizon at this time.
5. I think Star Wars Rebels is going to be a huge hit.
Hi Greg! Just finished YJ:L and collected all the Roy Journal entries. Very heartfelt. It's so much easier to read, though, knowing how thing turned out for him. Anyway, just have a few questions regarding him and/or Cheshire. Sorry if some of these are better left up to interpretation, but I'd really like an answer if you can.
1. Did Cheshire immediately accept Roy after he decided to "throw the fight"? Roy mentions working together in the next entry, but I was just wondering if he had to do much to gain her trust, or if she was already able to trust him.
2. Did Cheshire plan to betray the League of Shadows, or did she have to decide on the spur of the moment?
3. Were they officially dating before they "tied the knot" or did they rush into marriage?
4. Do you regret not showing any of their adventures, or do you think they're better left up to the imagination?
5. Do you regret not giving the two a reciprocated on-screen kiss?
1. Nothing's simple.
2. SPOILER REQUEST.
3. Matter of interpretation.
4. I'm disappointed that I don't have a venue to show their adventures, but I haven't given up on someday having that opportunity. I don't regret the choices we made with the limited number of episodes and issues we had.
5. See above.
In "Beneath", Nightwing said that Psimon had been in a coma since his last encounter with Miss Martian. Was he referring to the events of "Image", or a battle that happened sometime during the 5 year gap?
That was a reference to Miss Martian's reading of the Martian Chronicles at the Bialyan Barnes & Noble. She was a little monotone.
Just finished Legacy. Loved the story (though the gameplay was....alright. Just alright. Fun enough is what I'd call it). And after Invasion, it was refreshing to see the original team again operating out of the cave, before all the shake ups in the 2nd season. I was kind of bummed about there still being nothing on Ocean Master, but I will survive. I had a few questions about it though.
1. Who is canonically on the Team during Legacy? Between the unlockable heroes, and DLC characters, it gets hard to tell.
2. The voice cast wasn't listed with the characters they played. Obviously if a character's regular actor was in the credits they obviously played them (so Superboy and Superman were obviously played by Nolan North) but a few characters regular actors weren't listed, and some of them have noticably different voices(like Beast Boy). Can you tell us who voiced who as far as non regular roles were in Legacy? If you can't say, or don't know, can you at least tell us who you voiced since you were listed in the credits? Or was this an error?
3. Was there any specific reason Rocket had such a small role? She doesn't seem to appear in the story at all, and you unlock her by finishing the game on hard, at which point there's really nothing else to do.
4. Did the characters that left the team between Legacy and season 2 all do so due to the results of Legacy's....final mission? Don't want to spoil it for others but you probably know what I'm talking about. In the game it seemed like only Aqualad did.
5. This might be just my imagination, but does Tempest not like Wally? He seems to keep glaring at him in cutscenes.
6. Rumor is Little Orbit mentioned the possibility of another DLC character pack. If this is true, would you be involved in this in any way such as selecting, designing etc?
1. It's pretty much the characters that you can play without downloading, plus Bumblebee and Lagoon Boy.
2. See below.
3. I don't know. I wasn't aware that was going to be the case. She didn't have a major emotional arc for this particular adventure, but she wasn't the only one who did not.
4. I think it had a major effect on many members of the Team (if not all). But I think everyone who left, including Aqualad, would list the end result of Legacy as only part of the reason for their departure. Even Tempest.
5. I think that's your imagination.
6. This is news to me.
2. Checking my files, I dug out my master-cast list for Young Justice Legacy. It's covered with cross-outs and my handwritten corrections. And though I attended nearly all of the voice sessions for the game, I missed a couple, and there may be changes I'm unaware of or forgot to note. So what follows seems right, but it's best to take it with a grain of salt. Jamie Thomason, Curtis Koller and I attempted to get as many of the original actors as we could. A few were unavailable, and Little Orbit also had some budget restrictions that forced us to double up some smaller roles and/or roles that were slightly less familiar to our audience that we thought we could get away with recasting with minimal distraction. Still, we managed to get 21 of the regulars (not counting me) to play their regular roles and only had seven character recastings (Bane, Batgirl, Beast Boy, Killer Frost, Psimon, Riddler, Rocket). Casting Mae Whitman to play Helena Sandsmark is something we would have likely done on the series (cf. Aqualad and Black Manta).
The cast of Young Justice Legacy (in alphabetical order by actor and then by character):
01. Adcox, Thom - Klarion, Riddler Goon, Sportsmaster Minion
02. Bennett, Jeff - Psimon, Red Tornado, Villager
03. Bowen, Cameron - Icicle Minion, Ninja, Robin
04. Chabert, Lacey - LexCorp Bot, Tourist, Zatanna
05. Chinlund, Nick - Riddler Goon, Sportsmaster, Statue
06. Greenwood, Bruce - Batman
07. Hu, Kelly - Cheshire, Manta Trooper, Tourist
08. LaMarr, Phil - Aquaman, Tourist, Villager
09. Lemelin, Stephanie - Artemis, Computer, Riddler Goon
10. Lopez, Eric - Bane, Bane Thug, Blue Beetle
11. Lowenthal, Yuri - Icicle Jr., Lagoon Boy, Tempest
12. Marshall, Vanessa - Black Canary, Killer Frost
13. McCartney, Jesse - Icicle Minion, Nightwing
14. McKellar, Danica - Batgirl, Miss Martian, Ninja
15. North, Nolan - Superboy, Superman
16. Payton, Khary - Aqualad, Black Manta, Tourist
17. Richardson, Kevin Michael - Bane Thug, Bialyan Soldier, Green Lantern
18. Rolston, Mark - Blockbuster, Lex Luthor, Sportsmaster Minion
19. Spisak, Jason - Beast Boy, Kid Flash, Riddler
20. Summer, Cree - Aquagirl, Rocket
21. Whitman, Mae - Helena Sandsmark, Wonder Girl
22. Weisman, Greg - Tourist, Undead Soldier
Shortly after Ask Greg Live, you revealed that Donna Troy had been a leading candidate for Team membership at a very early stage in the development of the show - I was wondering if you could please list a few others who were serious contenders for a spot on the season 1 main cast but didn't make the cut?
As I've stated before, there was a list of over fifty teen DC heroes, all of whom were considered, at least briefly.
We then cut that list down considerably to more or less the folks that became members of the Team that you saw in Season One: i.e. Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian, Speedy/Red Arrow, Artemis, Zatanna and Rocket.
Others that were briefly considered for the final cut include, as I recall, Donna, Garth, Mary and Cissie. But Donna was declared off-limits (at that time). Kaldur replaced Garth. Artemis' backstory offered us more interesting secrets than Cissie's might have, and three archers (Artemis, Roy and Oliver) seemed like plenty to start with in one series. Finally, our developing plans for Captain Marvel in Season One worked better if Mary was not yet part of the equation.
As planned, Garth guest-starred (and had a nice role in Legacy). And we managed to slip a Cissie cameo in, with bigger plans for her later, if we had gotten more seasons/episodes/issues. We had planned to include Mary and Donna in Season Two, but as I've already discussed, Phil Bourassa just didn't have time to design them both for the sake of a couple cameo appearances. We had more plans for both of those characters, as well, but never got the opportunity.
Heck, we had eventual plans for nearly everyone on the original list of fifty-plus.
I've been rewatching The Spectacular Spider-Man, mostly the second season so far, and decided to rewatch "Subtext".
I really like Molten Man's character and looked him up. I also by chance happened to come across Blackie Gaxton in Betty Brant's page on the Spider-ManWiki.
It said that her brother was put in a similar situation with Blackie that ended similar to what happened between Spidey, Mark, and Liz in "Subtext".
After thinking about it, I'd have to say it was brilliant that you decided to do that story with Mark and Liz, whether or not Betty's brother would have appeared since Molten Man had his story.
Looking foward to Young Justice Legacy, Rain of Ghosts, and Star Wars Rebels.
Yeah, we conflated Betty's brother with Liz's half-brother.
And by now, I assume you have YJ Legacy and Rain. What did you think?
In Young Justice: Legacy, Aquagirl mentioned asking Green Lantern to consult the historical records of the Guardians of the Universe on Oa to find anything on Tiamat.
Which Green Lantern was this - Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner or John Stewart?
Probably John, since he's in the game. But it might have been Hal. Guy is an unlikely third place.