A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Who rules New Camelot in 2198?
Why did the Space-Spawn take the Master Matrix? I mean it didn't have any tactical, military and political value like all those leaders.
It had tremendous value.
Care to give the names of the twelve (thirteen if you count Queen Florence clan) clan leaders who were captured by the Space-Spawn?
Were the Queen Florence Clan and the Gargoyle leaders captured by the space-spawn in the original 2158/Future Tense Spin-off?
What exactly does master matrix do besides controlling the weather of New Camelot and being the operating system for most of the world's computers? Why was there only one Master Matrix?
It does a lot.
Gee, maybe there's a story in that....
Who else was captured besides all the gargoyle leaders, the leader of New Olympus and the Secretary General?
Lots of leaders.
Does Coyote-X bear the Xanatos cyborg head?
Why does he want world/galactic domination?
A version of it.
Wait and see.
You said in the contest that Owen still has the stone hand so are you saying that nothing else happened to him in the two hundred of so years working for Xanatos besides getting a stone hand? I found that alittle unbelivable.
How does the fact that he still has a stone hand begin to indicate that 'nothing else happened to him'?
What a strange interpretation. I find that a little unbelievable.
By 2198 has Matrix achieved the Order it was programmed to create?
Not even going to confirm the implied hypothesis.
Who is more powerful? Oberon or a Space-Spawn planetbuster?
See, now, the Hulk is more powerful because the madder he gets, the stronger he gets. But the Thing can still beat him if he keeps his wits about him.
(This does seem familiar, doesn't it?)
What were the regulars for gargoyles 2158? Would Alexander be in it? If so what about Puck?
It's kind of pointless to talk about this, but the regulars were mostly the same. Ages were different here and there.
Alexander would have been as much a part of it as he currently is in 2198.
Puck doesn't get to appear much in either version, but Owen was slated for 2158 in much the same role that he currently holds in 2198.
By 2198 how many fae are off Avalon?
Care to give a few names?
Is the Ultra-Pack still around in 2198?
Don`t think this ones been asked be for
Is there any way that technology in the future (2158 and beyond) could bypass the Gargoyles turning to stone? Cause if magic can do it, I can`t see why technology couldn`t replicate the same effect in some way.
Not by 2198, or 2199 for that matter.
Do you have the names of the leaders of these clan's in 2198?
Some but not all. And you're welcome.
I am curious as to why you were only curious about eight of the twelve though.
Was it intentional to make Nick Maza similar to Captain of the Guard since both are described by you in the Garg bible and the 2198 contest as much like a gargoyle as a human can be?
You're taking that too literally.
I was actually trying to connect Nick up to Tom, thematically.
since Fox has twice as much Children of Oberon blood in her as Alex and Alex has managed to live til 2198 would Fox herself still be alive in 2198?
Not revealing one way or another.
my brother got married toda.. er yesterday and they are off to Maine for their honeymoon. they plan to stop in Bar Harbor (Xanatos's birthplace) if for nothing else than to get me something to add to my Gargoyles collection. pretty cool, huh?
1. in 2198, is the Eyrie Pyramid look like the Eyrie Pyramid in "Future Tense"? if so, what purpose does the pyramid that crowns the top serve?
2. in 2198, will gargoyles working for the NYPD actually have badges or just coordinate efforts with the NYPD?
3. why did the practice of gargoyles acting as peacekeepers in the UN end with the arrival of the Space-Spawn?
4. would the Dracon family still be running a Crime Syndicate in 2198?
5. will Macbeth still be living near NYC in 2198?
6. will the Clocktower be around still in 2198? perhaps they finally got it working? :)
1. Not gonna limit the artists at this time.
3. Why do you think?
4. Not saying.
6. Not saying.
Hope you are not angry because of my stupid qustions.
In 2198 is it possible for Gargoyles to walk over a crowdy street without being stared at, or will more time have to pass for that?
And I rarely get angry over ASK GREG questions. (Sometimes I'm mildly annoyed, of course.) It just may seem that way because you don't hear my tone of voice in a typed response.
1. will Artus be alive in 2198?
will Gwenyvere be alive in 2198?
will Lancelot be alive in 2198?
2. will any of the Trio's rookery children make appearences in Gargoyles: 2198?
Not answering this now.
will any humans be living in Wyvern with the New Wyvern Clan? will they build some sort of structure or will they live on the cliffs?
I'm not revealing this now. The exploration of the twelve clans is one of the fun things about 2198. I don't want to blithely reveal everything here.
You may trick me into answering more specific questions, but big large ones are sure to go down without a fight.
Hi Greg! When in 2198 the Matrix is taken by the Space Spawn, how will the New Camelot Clan adapt, if conditions on Antartica become like they were before, would they stay in the same place or would they have to move?
That's a whole plotline. I'm not going to toss it off here in a couple of sentences.
Ok, you know what I have yet to do? Praise you on GARGOYLES 2198. I mean, there is so much worthy of praise. Here are some things I found most impressive:
1) Nicholas Natsilane Maza and the Order of the Guardian that he is a part of. It gives both Natsilane and good old Tom a legacy.
2) The idea of the Space-Spawn being born "amidst the fury of an exploding star." It's such an original idea, and in science-fiction, originality is sometimes very hard to come by. Speaking of which, maybe there's a question in here: do you know what element the Spawn Spawn are based off of? (e.g. carbon-based)
3) To have the Space-Spawn take over the world right off the bat, and in such a swift, painless manner. As you state, there is "very little loss of life, unless freedom matters to you." This puts drama before bloodshed, pure Gargoyles.
4) The Illuminati's dark pact with the Space-Spawn. This actually brings up another question (and I hope this one hasn't already been asked, if so I apologize): is Alexander Fox Xanatos IV a member of the Illuminati at the time of his abduction?
2. I have some ideas, but I've done no research, and given how I'm taken to task on every LITTLE thing I say, I'd prefer not to embarrass myself at this time.
4. No way I'm telling you.
now, I have something REALLY nice for you:
Oh, yes. I've allmost forgotten my question: the Gargoyles in 995 took a new children as a children of the whole clan. Will it be the same in 2198, or will the Gargoyles here raise their kids like we do??
Nice link. Very kind words. Thanks.
Largely, gargs in 2198 return (assuming any ever left) to communal rearing of their children.
Hey, random question. Any idea what Coyote version number finally hits on the idea of changing his name to Coyote-X? Just curious.
I left it open on purpose.
1. Is Atrus, or any of the children from any of the Trio alive in 2198? If yes, then be specific as to which ones.
2. And how old would those survivors be at that point?
1. Is that a command?
2. It depends which generation of eggs they were born with.