A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hey Greg, I'd just like to say I've been completely blown away by Young Justice. Just watched "Infiltrator" today; this series just keeps getting better and better!
The question: Considering how well it's been received so far, how long do you expect YJ to run? Wiki has the current list of planned episode airing dates up to the 8th in early March, but I'd like to think the story's going to be longer than that.
Also, I'm convinced Artemis is Mia Dearden. I guess I'll have to wait to see if I'm right! ;)
Artemis is .... Artemis Crock.
Anyway, as previously announced, we have a total of 26 episodes this season (nine have aired, 17 remain to be aired) and we've been picked up for AT LEAST ten more for Season Two.
Have you ever gotten addicted to anwsering these questions?
This site is similiar in format to formspring, and I know that can get kind of addicting.
Do you enjoy anwsering these questions? Your responses don't always seem happy.
Why do anwser our questions?
1. No, I wouldn't characterize it that way.
2. I don't know what "formspring" is.
3. I don't always enjoy answering the questions. I think in recent days that's been remarkably clear. But I enjoy it MOST of the time, or I wouldn't continue, of course.
4. See above.
1. Is Zeta-tubing how Artemis got to Gotham in the end of episode 6?
What was she doing there, why was Red Arrow(love the new costume by the way) there, and how did he know to find here there?
2. Is Red Arrow unofficialy part of the Young Justice roster? Because in Infiltrator the computer was like B-06 when he entered Mount Justice.
3.Why didn't we find out Artemis' real name in Infiltrator?
4. Oh last question when Robin was flipping out about them getting the Waynetech data where was he worried they would get into? And why didnt he tell Superboy where he was worried they would get into.
By the way my mind was blown when Cheshire knew Artemis.
1. Yes, she used a Zeta-Tube to get to Gotham, which is where she lives with her mother. As for Red Arrow: "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
2. He's officially allowed into the Cave, which is what the computer recognizes.
3. Cuz we wanted to save the revelation for "Downtime".
4. Come on... what do you THINK he was worried about? Yep, that's right.
Greg: "The Archmage's ENTIRE LOOP was part of the timestream. [..]
The Archmage NEVER died in that cavern. In ANY incarnation.
[...] it's a WORKING paradox. It does have logic. I did a panel on this at a Gathering once, and it's easier to explain with a chalkboard. But it works. Trust me."
If he never died in the cavern then how did the time loop begin? Just out of the blue future archmage shows up to save his past self? Isn't that Deus Ex Machina?
I'm not trying to provoke you or anything, I just really wish to understand this paradox, especially the part that makes it work. Would it be too much to ask you to doodle that panel and upload it to GargWiki or something? I CAN'T be the only one not understanding this...
If you want to call it Deus ex Machina, you can. In other words, you can fault the storytelling but not the integrity of the time-loop. ;)
But I don't think it IS Deus ex Machina, except by technicality, BECAUSE of the time-loop. It was inherent in who the Archmage was.
I have no ability to upload a doodle anywhere, I'm afraid.
Some questions about the Pukhan Clan in Korea...
1. Do you remember how you came up with the name of Pukhan for the clan? I'm aware of the real life Pukhan Mountain near Seoul. If you named the clan after the mountain, how did you hear of the mountain? It's known in Korea, but it's not the most famous or tallest mountain in the country. The South is 70% mountains.
2. I noted this on Pukhan's (the area) page on GargWiki, but do you know that "Pukhan" means North Korea? That's what the South calls the North. "Puk" (or "buk", it's a "b" sound) means "north". "Han" means "Korea". If I told Koreans that I want to visit Pukhan without adding "mountain", they would think I wanted to visit the nation of North Korea. The mountain was named Pukhan because it's located near the northern tributary of the Han River.
1. I honestly don't remember. I DO recall that I researched it and that it seemed right to me, but beyond that...
2. I had this vague memory that it's right on or near the border between North and South. Am I misremembering?
I'm a bit curious about Artemis. No I'm not asking who she is. I was wondering about her sixth ranger status on the show. She is literally the sixth member of the team and and archer, commonly known as a 'ranger' in roleplaying classes. Was that done intentionally or is it just a really weird coincidence?
And why not; just because I've missed reading your snarky responses: What's Artemis' secret identity?
I'm not a gamer, and this is the first time I've heard the "ranger" term used in this context. I'm not even clear what "sixth ranger status" means.
Will any Kim Possible voice actors be working on YJ? I only asked because you and Nicole Dubuc have written episodes for both shows.
I'm sure there will be some overlap, but I don't have a good enough handle on who all did what voices on Kim to be certain.
but you helped with the creation of gargoyles and what-not. so somewhere in your mind you subconsciously made him gay. I've been watching the episodes repeatedly and in none of them does he show any semblance of homosexuality so why did this change during the comics?
This didn't "change during the comics". Hell, the comics appeared over a decade after this thought struck me. I discovered that I believed Lexington was gay during the production of the series and was very careful to write him consistently with what already seemed clear to me and to MANY other people. ON THE SERIES. I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting to see that qualifies as "semblance of homosexuality"? Some cliche? Some outward admission of something he wasn't yet clear on himself? If that's the case, then you're right, it's not there. But I believe he's been written consistently from DAY ONE through the animated series and into the comics - where, for the record, he still isn't clear on his sexuality, let alone come out to anyone.
1) In Young Justice, what is the codename of Hawkman's partner in the Justice League: Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman?
2) Is her real name Shayera Hol or is it something else?
3) Is she romantically linked to Green Lantern (John Stewart) or Hawkman in Young Justice?
4) I asked you before about how much of Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans you had seen and was just wondering if you're thinking of resuming watching either of them? I ask this because they're both great shows and seeing them in their entirety would prevent you from accidentally using an idea that was done on one of those shows.
5) Did/would you ever consider recasting some of the voice actors from other DC cartoons in the same role on Young Justice? (To give an example, Tara Strong as Raven on Teen Titans.)
2. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
3. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
4. I haven't had time. There's bound to be some overlap here and there, but we'll just have to live with that.
5. It doesn't play into our decisions. Using your example, I wouldn't REJECT Tara as Raven, but her having played the part in the past isn't a consideration. We'd look at our interpretation of the character and try to find the best choice for our version of the character. If the best choice was still Tara, great. If not, we'd go with someone else. (NOTE: if this was actually a backdoor attempt to discover if Raven will be appearing: "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.")
1. Is it true not every Police Officer or FBI Agent is trustworthy in "your" DC Universe?
2. In YJ is Professor Ivo a campy villian? He doesn't look threatening at all.
3. So far, are any the DC villians you've used, are involved in any "counterespionage" activities, or is this still confidential?
1. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
2. The threat is his genius. If Amazo or the MONQIs are threatening, then that threat comes from Ivo's genius. We definitely think Ivo's eccentric but never intended him to be camp, but I guess it's up to the viewer to decide on the final result.
3. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."