A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1: Why does Miss Martians eyes glow White, Red, or Green when she uses her powers?
2: Does Aqualad attend some kind of school? Or does he not go to one?
3: What was Zatanna saying when she was doing her spells?
4: Will we see Rocket agian?
5: Great Show!
1. They don't usually glow red, as far as I know. (I can think of one exception, but I don't even think it's aired yet.) And they don't really ever glow white, though I can understand that sometimes the glow is so bright and the green is so light that it can come across as white. Usually, they glow green.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4. By now, you already have.
It says in the comics that Ivo and Sportsmaster are 'friends'. So why doesn't he recognize Artemis when the Team is at Belle Reve?
Actually, in the comics it says that Ivo and Artemis' father are 'friends'. It doesn't mention Sportsmaster.
But in answer to your question, there are three options...
A. Who says he didn't recognize her?
B. He may not have ever met Artemis.
C. It may have been so long that he didn't recognize her.
ItÂ´s me again XD
Question. At the end of apisode 11 'Terrors' when MM and Sboy kissed,
1. How could Icicle Jr. recognized them? I mean, I know he knows Speedy (even though he is not in the team) but how did he recognized Miss Martian and Superboy?
2. Does Jr. know about the team?
And if so, 3. Does he know who are the members of it?
Hope thise are not spoilers Greg^^
Thanks for your time :)
1. He didn't recognize them specifically. He just (finally) put two and two together.
2. He might.
1. Will Zatanna join the Justice League?
2. Where do Mal Duncan, Karen Beecher, Wendy Harris, Marvin White, Bette Kane, and Barbara Gordon fit in in the TV series?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. I honestly don't understand the question. Mal, Karen, Wendy and Marvin go to Happy Harbor High. Bette and Barbara go to Gotham Academy. But you knew that, right?
I have a few questions:
1. Does capitalising "Season One" mean you consider this an official title or is it just your own personalisation?
2. Who presicely lives in Central City?
3. Did at any time Joe Chill live in Gotham City?
4. Is Uncle Dudley's full name Dudley H. Dudley?
Thank you for your time and keep up the good work!
1. I do it for clarity and emphasis.
2. Millions of people. The one's we've met are Wally, Mary and Rudy West, Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen and Jay and Joan Garrick.
3. Well, yeah.
Echoing the previous question on how much I liked issue 9 and ep. 15! My question is this: was Robin's little thing for Zatanna another case of "teen crush at first sight" or did he know something about her beforehand? Because he didn't exactly waste any time... I thought it was cute, though. "Batman: The Animated Series" had an episode that showed Zatara teaching Batman escape artistry, so I wondered if maybe Batman or Zatara had talked to him about her before. I have no idea if that's comics canon or just something the showrunners thought would be cool, though.
I'm also amused by the fact that Conner and M'gann took 11 episodes to get together, Kaldur was let down, and Wally and Artemis are... I don't even know, but Robin sees girl, Robin talks to girl, and by the end of the episode it seemed like Zatanna was at least open to the possibility! In general, it just seems like he has better luck with girls than Wally and Kaldur.
Anyway, I'm loving the show and will be very said if Zatara really does ground Zatanna forever, or Red Tornado never appears again.
They hadn't met before, if that's what you're asking. I'm sure he knew that she EXISTED, but I think he was just crushing on her.
Long time reader, first time asker. It's been a great week. I don't know which had me more thrilled, issue 9 or Humanity.
1) Probably asked before by now, but I couldn't find it in unanswered: Can you "translate" Zatanna's spells? I only got the second one, which appears to be "Time to try out a new look". Does Zatara speak backwards too?
2) I noticed the gender swap on Red Inferno and Red Torpedo in Homefront, though I gave it no second thought. However, now with the reveal of the "human" identities in Humanity, was the swap deliberate so you could use the golden age hero James Lockhart/Red Torpedo?
3) In issue #9, you used the name "Nathaniel Adams" as opposed to "Nathaniel Adam". I noticed you used the name before in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode "Powerless!"; the "Adams" version was, IIRC, introduced in Justice League Unlimited. Did DC ask you to use this name, or do you prefer it over "Adam"?
1. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED, but yes. Except, I'm not the one who did the gender swap. When I wrote the original Red Tornado mini-series, Inferno was female and Torpedo was male because Torpedo has ALWAYS been male. Of course, they didn't publish my version. So whomever wrote the version they DID publish is the one who did the gender swap. I just went back to the original.
3. I actually do prefer "Adams" over "Adam". I'm sure in this great big world, there's someone out there with the last name "Adam," but even back in the 80s when I first started writing Captain Atom with Cary Bates, I always thought that the last name "Adam" felt artificial. "Adams" always felt more natural to me.
After watching "Humanity" I have two questions.
1) What was/is your vision for Zatanna's personality? She seemed shy at first, but as the episode progressed she became more playful and outgoing. Is the demure schoolgirl routine an act for dad? Or does she still lack some self-confidence?
2) You have said that at least some members of the Justice League know Captain Marvel's true identity. That being the case, why is he with the Justice League as opposed to the kids?
1. I really shouldn't answer this, because I should let the episodes stand on their own, but I guess I'm in the mood. The 'demure schoolgirl routine' is, to some extent, an act for her dad. I don't really think she lacks self-confidence, though I think she's fairly objective about her own magical abilities at this stage, and doesn't want them overstated. I also think she was less shy when she was first introduced than she was... bored.
2. Have I said that? Really? Well, in any case, SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hey Greg! First of all, I love Young Justice! I have their DVDs and their poster. Plus I have every episode on my tape and I watch it over, and over, and over, and over till the next Friday. Just have a few questions if that's okay.
P.S:I understand if these are spoilers.
1. Why doesn't Kaldur go to school?
2. Exactly how old is Zatanna?
3. What is the relationship between Robin and Barbra? (But I understand if it's a spoiler, just wondering how she'd act if he liked Zatanna)
4. So in Homefront, Artemis' sister left because of their dad what exactly did he do, I mean, come on, it's already noted that Cheshire is her sister and that he trained her and Artemis to be assasins, but why did she leave if she's already one in the future?
1. He completed his standard schooling, and dropped out of the Conservatory of Sorcery to become Aquaman's protege.
2. <sigh> 14.
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4. The short answer is that he was emotionally and verbally abusive.
I've been wanting to know for a while--how did the collaboration with Geoff Johns regarding Aqualad come? Who "pulled more weight" regarding his creation (his backstory, wardrobe, etc.)?
In the theme song, there are several holograms showing the Team in action. They've been seen in promos in stuff, too. Are we going to see those particular clips in any episodes?
Do your kids get special screenings the day before, or whenever an episode's completed?
What are your top 5 moments from the series so far?
1. Our Aqualad, i.e. Kaldur'ahm, was completely created and designed BEFORE Geoff started in his new (now not-so-new) position at DC. So our version of his backstory and wardrobe, etc., all pre-existed Geoff's involvement. The version that he went on to put into DC's main universe, i.e. Jackson Hyde, was completely HIS adaptation of Kaldur (with help from an artist whose name I'm unfortunately blanking on at this moment). And we had NO involvement with that version at all, beyond providing Kaldur as inspiration and providing EXPLANATION of how his Water-Bearers work. The only element we really collaborated on was the identity of both versions' father.
2. I don't think so. I think most were from footage created either for promotional purposes or specifically for our main title. Of course, there's clips from every individual episode in that episode's main title.
3. LOL. Originally, I would show them the episodes on a DVD the day it aired. But more recently, we went through and finished out the first season - mostly because my daughter is going off to college in the fall, and I wanted her to have a chance to see it all. Given CN's hiatus-prone way of airing us, it seemed prudent. ;)
4. My mind just doesn't work that way.
Great questions, btw.