A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Another Flash related question I have been pondering for a while now...
1. Why is Flash's (and Kid Flash's) lightning bolt insignia/logo/symbol different from the one in the original comics? In Young Justice it is only one line that switches back, but in the comics it is two (as I'm sure you know, being so knowledgeable in comics and such). I know Bruce Timm did it in the DCAU as well, and it was one of the reasons I had such a hard time (which in the long run I considered fun) finding out and realizing the differences between Flashes. I was just curious. Does it have anything to do with that the logo can't be the same due to copyright? Is it just easier to draw? Was it your preference?
2. Is there more cut material from episodes that you are willing to share?
3. I thought the Arsenal spin-off would have been a great idea! Along with the other items you pitched for Earth-16...here's hoping we'll see some soon!
1. You'd have to ask Phil Bourassa and/or Brandon Vietti. For me, it was just Phil and Brandon saying, "What do you think?" And me going, "Cool." I don't know what their thought processes were.
2. I think I've shared all there is.
3. Me too.
So... Weird question rewatching the Hunt.
How does Tye get sensory input when he is using his big yellow avatar? I ask because he always has his eyes closed. Does he have some kind of sixth sense?
He's connected to the Longshadow.
In Invasion, Artemis fakes her death to go under cover, but now that the mission is over is she somehow going to be able to go back to her old life as Artemis or will she get a new identity?
1. WHERE is the exact place that Vandal Savage was born on Earth-16?
2. Given Vandal Savage lived for over 50,000 years, would he actually be considered to be a Cro-Magnon (which is an informal name for the first early modern humans)?
3. Would Vandal Savage be comparable in some ways to the Marvel Comics villain known as Romulus (one of Wolverine's enemies)?
1. What do you want, like coordinates?
2. I knew this. Can't remember now.
3. I have no idea. But if he's Wolverine's enemy, than it sounds like Savage came way first.
I have some Jaime-related questions......
1) Does Milagro Reyes exist on Earth-16?
2) Can you give us any idea of what Bart and Jaime's friendship was like during the two month period Jaime was on mode? They didn't really talk to each other or interact in War.
3) Post-Endgame, who does Jaime consider his best friend?
4) Would you have found it irrelevant for the scarab to name himself (Khaji Da) or did you just not have time to include it in the script?
5) Was there any relevance to moded Jaime hitting Bart first in War, other than that he was simply the closest one (same with moving to kill Bart first, rather than Barbara in Intervention)?
I hope you can answer these, thanks!
1. SPOILER REQUEST.
2. What you see is largely what you get. Just more of the same.
3. I assume you mean among the Team, in which case, Bart.
5. More that he was the fastest one. If he had hit anyone else first, dealing with Bart would be difficult.
1: Queen Perdita, is she still in power in 2016?
2: Does she have feelings for Wally
3: What kind of Nation is Vlatava
1. SPOILER REQUEST.
2. SPOILER REQUEST.
3. A constitutional monarchy.
Pressed the m button there when I was going for the comma, sorry about that! I do have two more questions though:
1) In "Endgame", how did the Justice League get back to Earth so quickly after being cleared of the charges? And whichever method they used for their return to Earth, why didn't they use that means when they were leaving Earth in "Alienated"?
2a) I was thinking about Vandal Savage threatening Rimbor with the Warworld earlier in the episode... Why didn't he carry out that threat?
2b) Why didn't Savage want the League to return to Earth? Did he not want them to help drive the Reach off-world?
1. They used the same method to go and to return, i.e. they flew in a Green Lantern generated starship.
2a. Why would he? The threat was he'd attack if they attacked Earth. They didn't.
2b. He didn't need them for that. He wanted them convicted. Whether or not they returned to Earth didn't matter as much to him.
Hi Gregm just a quick question: Whose call was it that Aqualad and Tempest didn't pair up when the heroes were splitting into pairs in "Endgame"? Did Kaldur and Garth not want to pair up?
Nothing like that. But Kaldur did want to pair up with La'gaan and needed to.
I was just wondering: what were your reasons for making Nightwing a far more serious character in YJ season 2 than the more light-hearted Nightwing of the comics? Was it the leadership role in season 2 that was weighing him down (I noticed that he seemed a little more light-hearted at the end of Summit when he'd relinquished leadership to Aqualad)? Or did something happen during the five year gap that affected him so much that he became more like the Bat (Jason's death, perhaps?)?
I was just curious as Dick Grayson/Nightwing in the comics has pretty consistently been portrayed as an eternal optimist and having an actual sense of humour, even when he was Batman. He overcame the darkness of his mentor and retained an utterly joyful attitude towards life. So what made you decide to make Dick/Nightwing in Young Justice more like Batman?
I'm not criticizing! Just genuinely curious.
1. All of the above. But he also still had his moments of fun. And I don't think personality-wise he was ever anything like the Batman in our show. Not really.
Hi Mr Weisman
i was wondering do you feel any anger towards the shows you work on get canceled before you can finish all the plot lines
also what do you plan to do now that young justice is cancelled
Anger isn't the right word. Frustration, certainly. Sadness. Melancholy. Resignation. It's not a happy feeling, but there's nothing and no one to be angry about.
By now, you probably know that I'm one of the Executive Producers of the new STAR WARS REBELS animated series, which premieres in 2014 and that I've written two novels: RAIN OF THE GHOSTS and SPIRITS OF ASH AND FOAM.