A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I read the gargoyles wiki on how they only have one mate for life but I couldn't find anything about how they actually chose their mates. Is it like a human and they just chose their mate by courting and falling in love with that gargoyle or does it have to do with certain things, like the horns, wing size, color, etc.?
Attraction plays into things, of course. But you saw how Angela and Broadway got together, and there are no RULES, per se.
I'm a big fan of Young Justice. As a comic book reader I was really happy with how you portrayed Cheshire and her relationship with Roy in general. This couple is really interesting and it's a shame their relationship got so little screen time. Anyway I have some questions and I'd be really happy if you could answer them
1.Can you tell me when approximately Jade and Roy became a couple? Was it before or after Jade helped Roy escape from the Shadows?
2.Approximately how long they were a couple before they got married?
3.When they were in Tibet to rescue Speedy was everything already back to normal between them as a couple?
4.Does Roy love Jade as much as she loves him? I mean, in the Journals he so casually mentioned that they tied the knot.
5.How does the relationship between Roy and his parents-in-law look like? Does Sportsmaster care for his granddaughter?
I hope that's not too much. Thank you in advance :)
1. This was all revealed in the Young Justice Legacy video game. If video games aren't your thing, I believe they've compiled all that information at the Young Justice Wiki, here: http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Justice_Wiki.
2. See above.
3. "Normal" is not a word I'd EVER use for their relationship.
4. Wait, so you've read the journals? Then you already know the answers to these questions 1 and 2, right? Anyway, I think he loves her and she loves him, but neither of them are particularly optimistic about the long term prospects for their relationship.
5. Does Sportsmaster care for anyone? Roy's relationship with his mother-in-law is fine. Roy's relationship with his father-in-law is not ideal, but can you blame him?
I have to admit that despite Wally being my favorite DC character that I had a love/hate relationship with Young Justice's version of the character (or perhaps with the execution of his story?). And I've noticed this is a pretty common feeling within the fandom as Wally is not only one of the more popular characters from the show, but he's also near the top when it comes to the most disliked as well.
Anyway, someone brought up some of the big perceived flaws about Wally's character that I had, and you said they chose to interpret Wally in the most negative light possible, and that wasn't how you guys saw him. So would it be okay to ask how you guys viewed Wally and his story? I'm not asking you to go into great detail, but maybe some sort of general overview? I know that certain things or ideas don't always translate over onto the show as well as people would like for a number of legitimate reasons (or people like myself just miss things), so I'm curious how you viewed Wally and his story.
I appreciate the reasoned tone of your request, truly. But I've written the answer to it up OVER AND OVER. (And over.) So take a look at the archives. It's all there at this point.
First of all, I'd like to thank you for two great seasons of Spectacular Spiderman. I haven't loved an animation this much since BTAS; the character development, story and animation were all of a high standard.
Now onto the questions.
1. In regards to Spectacular Spiderman's cancellations due to complications, did you or anyone part of the creative team attempt to ask Sony or Marvel to reconsider their decision?
2. With the upcoming Bluray release of all 26 episodes of Spectacular Spiderman, do you think sales and new reception may be able to persuade Sony or Marvel to continue production for a Season 3, and perhaps more?
3. Did the ratings and/or toy sales for Spectacular Spiderman impact its eventual cancellation or was it purely based on specific ownership rights?
I really appreciate you and your partner's work on Spectacular Spiderman, and your contribution and willingness to interact withe community.
1. Yes. But at the time, it was almost corporately impossible.
2. I think it's unlikely. But I hope I'm wrong. And certainly if it sell poorly, that'll doom it for sure.
3. Mostly the latter. Our ratings were stellar during Season One on Kids WB. Less stellar during Season Two on Disney XD, though I believe there were extenuating circumstances to explain that. Toy sales were okay but not great, which didn't help either. But mostly it had to do with Marvel having the rights back to make an animated Spidey series, but Sony still holding the rights to the specific Spectacular version.
I read in "Ask Greg" that "Rain of the Ghosts" wasn't selling as well as you'd hoped, and was sorry to learn that.
I've noticed that the neighborhood bookstore (Left Bank Books, an independent bookstore in the Central West End in St. Louis, where I live) doesn't show "Rain of the Ghosts" on its shelves in the young adult section; I had to specifically order it at the desk to get a copy. Later, though, I visited a Barnes & Noble and noticed at least one copy of "Rain of the Ghosts" on display in the young adult section.
I don't know if there's a connection there or not, but I do think that it doesn't bode well for sales when it's not actually there on the shelves where customers can see it. I hope that Left Bank Books will find space on its shelves for "Spirits of Ash and Foam" when it comes out.
I hope so too. Plus these things are all connected. The more people who order the book (as you did) the more likely the store will take notice and put copies out.
How are you?
I've had a look at all of the archive posts concerning zeta tubes but please forgive me if this has been asked...though I did read every post, so I'm gonna be pretty embarrassed if it has.
1. How exactly do zeta tubes work? Like does the person think of the place they want to go to, and it drops them off? Or do they input something into a computer?
Also, have you heard that the big boss of Cartoon Network (stu something) left/got sacked?! Now that there is someone new in control, who actually cares about cartoons, do you think we, as fans, should push for a season 3 again?
Many thanks for your time.
1. They input their destination. Of course, they can only input destinations that ALSO have a zeta tube. You need a transmitter and a receiver.
I haven't seen any shift at CN, but it's also not CN's decision alone. Don't forget WB and DC too.
What are garth's, tula's and mera's magical specialties? And how is that different from zatanna's magic?
Garth's specialty is summoning the Tempest, i.e storm magic.
Tula's abilities are more or less the same as Kaldur's except she's more advanced so doesn't require the Water-Bearers that he uses.
Mera is a master sorceress, who doesn't need to specialize as much. But she can create solid forms out of water like the others, but has more flexibility, imbuing her creations with something akin to a life of their own.
Zatanna's abilities are even less specific. She can accomplish many, many things with enough preparation and energy.
First I would like to thank you for creating Young Justice and I love the Robin/Zatanna relationship. I just have two questions:
1) Why did they (Rob/Zee) broke up? I mean, because they weren't interested or because of a more serious reason?
2) When did that happened?
1. NO SPOILERS. Sorry.
For the time being, at least, feel free to use your imagination.
Did a little interview with James Harvey of World's Finest about the Young Justice Invasion BluRay and the Rain of the Ghosts series here:
Check it out!
Mr. Weisman , thank for your many works I am a huge fan. I was wondering what other projects you are working besides the Star Wars show.
At the moment - almost exactly seven months after you asked - I'm working on the Star Wars: Kanan comic book for Lucasfilm and Marvel.
I'm also working on two other projects that I can't talk about yet. One is definitely happening. One may or may not. Until very recently, there was a fourth project as well, but that' s been put on indefinite hold. So work on that is suspended for now.