A Station Eight Fan Web Site
RAIN OF THE GHOSTS, BOOK TWO COUNTDOWN, Chapter Thirty-Four:
And here's another of my shameless attempts to maintain buzz about my new novel, RAIN OF THE GHOSTS, due out in stores and on-line on December 3rd, 2013 (but available for pre-order NOW on Amazon, etc.):
Since there's not too much to report about the first book right now, I'm counting down my progress writing the SECOND book in the Rain series, which should come out sometime in 2014.
Today, I finished writing Chapter Thirty-Four. Starting with this chapter, pretty much EVERY chapter is a bit daunting. I'm not quite sure if I'm in the home stretch, but at this point, every chapter is telling crucial story, bringing threads together... and it's anyone's guess whether I'll wind up weaving something special with these threads - or strangling on 'em.
Tonight, I'll start on Chapter Thirty-Five.
Can Superman fly faster than Flash or KId Flash could run.
Kid Flash, maybe. Flash, no.
When did Jade and Roy get married , and how long ago did they break-up
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hey Greg. Adore your shows to an insane degrees! Got questions regarding my man Superboy
1. Since he doesn't age physically but internally, mentally is superboy still 16 as originally programmed or does he consider himself 22?
2. Since wondergirl was introduced late, and it would be kind of creepy for him to date her like in the comic books, what's their relationship like?3. Did superman finding out about connors other father, Lex, present a setback to their growing relationship? Or make it even more awkward?
4. Do the gloves have enhancing qualities( tech, comunication output, forged from something harder than kryptonian skin) or just look cool?
Much thanks. Pretty sure a good chunk of these fall under spoilers but thanks for just presenting the opportunity to ask. If Invasion is our last hurrah than can't wait for the next universe you take us to. Thankyou
1. I don't think he's very clear in his own head how old he is or is supposed to be. He thinks of himself as six, most of the time, because, well, he is. But he also thinks of himself as an adult. And he thinks of himself, still, as not fully... "realized".
2. What you see is what you get - at least until we have the chance to make more.
3. I think it was a momentary speedbump, but I also think that once Clark made the decision to be Conner's brother, it was fairly smooth sailing.
4. Probably just the latter.
Next universe seems to be STAR WARS REBELS. But Invasion's not YJ's last hurrah. Check out Young Justice Legacy this November.
I'd just like to say that my favorite "running-gag" (as it wer) of Young Justice is the fake-killing of Artemis every few episodes. I look forward to it, actually.
Most of the time if I didn't know logically in my mind that it wouldn't be allowed by the censors, I'd hope it was for real this time.
The reason I love seeing her die so much is because I REALLY hate this charactor, but I can't put my finger on why.
It has nothing to do with the way you write her. In fact, I think her lines are usually the best in the episodes she's in. Her back story is one of the most interesting. She can hold her own in a fight with no powers, which is what I usually love in a hero.
I used to think the only reason I hate her is because her being with Wally seems to threghten the existance of Wally's twins and her and Icicle, Jr.'s baby.
But I don't think that's why, exactly.
Do you ever just love to hate something for no reason?
After months of protesting, writing letters, sending e-mails, and even attempted phone calls, I don't think there is anything else I can do to save Young Justice. I just have one question; was this the plan from the beginning, or did something happen that is forcing this show to be cancelled?
I highly doubt that this question will actually be addressed, as the one and only constant that I've experienced after pledging 20+ years of my life being a devoted fan, is that my loyalty is never rewarded. The day the plug is actually pulled, and no more production is made to this show, is the day I officially hang up the boots, and just stop supporting this company.
We didn't plan to cancel the series, of course. But we were prepared at the end of each season for it to be the last.
And, I'm not sure which company you're referring to, but I wouldn't hang those boots up just yet. BEWARE THE BATMAN is very cool. You should check it out. (And that's just one example.)
"Summit" was one of my favorite episodes of the series, but one thing I could not understand was how Beast Boy was able to make jokes about the plan and how little anger against Nightwing, Kaldur, and Artemis there was. How was the Team capable of so easily overlooking:
1. That Nightwing, Artemis, and Kaldur let them believe that a friend of theirs was dead.
2. That Kaldur destroyed what for some was their only home.
3. That Kaldur and Artemis kidnapped and allowed the Reach to torture three members(all of them children)?
1. You saw a sample of their attitude when Lagoon Boy was told.
2. Big picture, please.
Look, I'm not saying there aren't issues. But everything is relative when fighting a WAR. With more episodes and/or comics, we would have had more space to deal with the fallout. But ultimately, the Team was more glad that Artemis was alive than they were angry about being fooled. Perspective.
I'm a really big fan of the show. Great work.
I was wondering if Casey from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could take on Sportsmaster in a fight.
Depends which version of each.
1. Why did you choose to make black canary such a large part of the show? She tends to be overlooked, so I am just wondering what made her stand out to you.
2. My other question is about the YJ Riddler. Why were his teeth so gapped? I found it very refreshing to see old Ed as someone other than a sad old man. Cutos!
3. Finally, the matter of Jason Todd. A bit of an elephant constantly in the room. I umderstand that his story is a dark, sad, tedious one, but I also feel that it is really essntial to understanding the Batfam. Why did you decide not even to acknowledge him? The world will never know about Jason Todd's sacrifice. heh. geddit?
The show is flawless, though. Just sayin.
1. She's been a favorite of mine for a LONG time.
2. You'd have to ask Phil Bourassa.
3. We did acknowledge him. If we hadn't, you wouldn't have seen his hologram.
Wow! I loved the fight with M'gann as Deathstroke.
I was wondering what kind of training did she have to do to be able to fight like him?
I realize that she probably doesn't fight EXACTLY like him, but she sure made it look like it!
We'll be waiting for season 3 ;)
She's trained with Canary.