A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I realize by the time this is answered, everything might've resolved itself, but do you feel or think that some fans might feel that the opening to season 2 might be a jump the shark kind of move. In the first season these characters that were introduced created these relationships that as of right now are none existent, plus the childhood relationships from the original team. Now it seems like things are trying to follow the comics and the characters from the original season that were supposed to be adults but were made kid are now adults and the members of The Team that were always supposed to be kids will remain that way like Superboy and Miss Martian. I realize I may take a lot of heat for this from other fans but I am sure you like to know all views on your work. Don't get me wrong I am still a fan and will continue to watch and my feelings may change as more info is revealed, but as of right now this seems like it should've been a season 3 not season 2.
We are no more nor less trying to follow the comics now than we did before. We have a story to tell. No one was jettisoned. Relationships develop, but they are hardly 'none existent'.
But the timeskip was planned from Day One. I don't for a second think we've jumped the shark. I do think we've upped the ante and the stakes and done something that few shows get to, which is truly show our characters grow and change.
Is the real Roy Harper's biological age 15, since he's been on ice for 3 years?
Are you a huge Ben 10 fan? I only asked because you've casted James Remar, Dee Bradley Baker and Yuri Lowenthal onto Young Justice.
I wrote a few Ben 10s and I like the show. But I've been working with Dee since W.I.T.C.H. and James since Spectacular Spider-Man (and I liked him in live action even before that). Brandon had worked with Yuri on Legion of Super-Heroes, plus Yuri did some great audition work for us on YJ, but just didn't get cast as any of our leads.
So... no. I didn't even know James and Yuri were on Ben Ten.
I've mistakenly put typos in my name for my last two questions now & I'm terribly sorry for that especially since you put yourself out to answer all of our questions.
Don't worry about it.
Was the Idea to make Owen Puck decided AFTER season one was scripted? We see a lot of wry smiles and references in season 2 but none is season 3. Was this because he wasn't originally going to be Puck, or was it to make the story simpler?
We didn't even know there was a Puck in Season One. But we did know that Owen had a secret. And I had nothing to do with Season Three.
First, amazing job and cant wait for the rest of the season and future ones!
1. It was hinted at the end of the recent episode that Zatanna would love to join if her dad didnt ground her for life! (which it shoes he will) but will she be returning as a main character or just another guest on the show!
2. Awhile back, it was mentioned that we would finally get to see an animated version of Wonder Girl, but due to legal reasons wouldnt appear until further in the season or the 2nd(i hope this season). Any hints/clues as to when or if we will see her? (though i would be happy just to see a WonderGirl but i would guess it will be Donna as you have Robin as Dick.)
3. If the above two are current or appear on the show will that affect the relationships between the current ones? ie Robin & Zatana(though not officially a couple there was plenty of flirting going on) Superboy & Miss Martian (even though he dated Cassie not Donna)
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. WHO "mentioned" this? Not me. When asked, I've said SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.
I'm gonna try and ask this really carefully because I don't want it to be a suggestion more than a question. I'm a bit curious about the relationship between Xanatos and Sevarius.
1. Did Sevarius really need Xanatos or just his money?
2. Did Sevarius just let Xanatos think he had control over the project?
Thanks in advance
1. Money and resources. Though I think Sevarius admired Xanatos to a certain extent.
2. I don't know what you mean. Which project?
First, I wanted to say that I am delighted that you've kept "Ask Greg" going over the years. I sent in a message back in 2002, and was recently delighted to discover that you had responded to it, two years later! You're my hero. Not just for that, but also because "Gargoyles" and "Ask Greg" helped inspire me to write, myself.
Another thing, though.
There's a group on Facebook devoted to urging Disney to release Gargoyles Seasons 2 Vol. 2 on DVD, and recently some of us have been emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to ask them to do this.
And recently, some of us have been getting replies. Mine is as follows:
"Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest and are happy to answer your questions.
There are tentative plans to release the rest of this series in 2012. No further details are available at this time.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Consumer Relations
US and Canada"
Have you heard anything about this?
Only that others have received a similar response. Beyond that, I am ignorant.
1.I saw the Young Justice Invasion poster and its are hard to make out the characters but I think I've got them are these the characters on the poster? Miss Martian, Artemis, Robin, Zatanna, Blue Beetle, Kid Flash.
2.How old is Zatanna?
1. You're right about some, wrong about others. But, really, don't obsess about it too much. It's a piece of promotional art. It's NOT canon. Not even the logo is final.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
NOW, CONGRATULATE ME! I've gotten the queue down to under 300 questions!!! Whew!
Do you know who is the snitch in young justice?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
IF we see batgirl in this series will it be bette or barbara
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Young Justice is my favorite show, and I watch it every week with my dad. I love all of the characters, especially Robin. Thank you for making such a great show. I just have some questions: is there a reason why Wally West lives in Central City rather than Blue Valley, his comic book hometown? For some reason this has been bugging me. Also, does this mean that Wally was president of the Central City Flash Fan Club?
Anyway, my favorite character in the entire show has got to be Captain Marvel. I just laugh hysterically every time he does something. How can the team not notice that he acts like a ten year old boy? It's very, very obvious. Does CM have some sort of natural charisma about him that block people's perceptions?
I can't wait until the teens find out that Captain Marvel is really younger than them!
We just put all the Flash characters in Central City to bring more coherence to the idea.
As for Captain Marvel, what's obvious to you wouldn't likely even occur as a possibility to most. Why would it? You see an adult with those powers and the wisdom of Solomon, and why would it EVER even occur to you that he might actually be a ten-year-old kid? Because he's sincere and friendly? Because he's solicitous and occasionally naive? Those aren't qualities limited to kids.
i was wondering where zatanna lives and if she will join the team. i love the relationship between robin and zatanna. how many new charecters will be added?i hope you will not add any new charecters from teen titans. i praise your work and absolutly adore this show.
Zatanna lives in New York with her father. Whether or not she joins the Team is a SPOILER REQUEST.
Many new characters are added all the time.
Besides the Pilot Episodes (Independence Day and Fireworks), the Episodes/Missions he wasn't a part of (Downtime, Targets, and Terrors), and the Loss at the Cave (Homefront), Kid Flash's souvenir collection seems to have something from every episode except Bereft, which is where Superboy started his pet collecting.
1) Did Wally get a souvenir and we just haven't seen it?
2a) If he did, what is it, please?
2b) If he didn't, why didn't he get one?
3) Did Wally get the arrow back for his collection after Homefront or was it destroyed?
4) If it was destroyed, did Artemis replace it with an identical one or is the spot permanently empty?
1, 2a, 2b.) Rewatch the episode. I think it's quite clear on these points.
3. What was left of it, yeah.
4. See answer to 3.
Why did you choose Taipei for the episode "Targets"?
I enjoyed every Young Justice episode.
Can you tell me if Superboy will be in season 2 ?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hi. I just have a couple of questions about Young Justice which is an amzaing show. My questions are about Robin,Kid Flash,Aqualad,Artemis,Miss Martian and Superboy
1. How tall is each member of the team?
2. When is each team members birthday?(day/month)
1. I don't know. All I care about is there relative height to each other.
2. SPOILER REQUESTS. NO COMMENT.
As of writing this, it is the 17th anniversary of Gargoyles. Made a comment in the room but wanted to share here:
"Sorry about the double, I saw vinnie took two spots and decided THIS was a countdown I wanted to be a part of. My countdown number is especially fitting, as I was 10 when Gargoyles premiered.
17 years. My God. I remember seeing the preview commercial once or twice. Running home after school, literally running, so I could catch the premier and every episode thereafter. Enough to make me feel a little choked-up. Nearly getting a lump in the back of my throat.
Phoenician> I do believe I will join you in watching one episode of awakening everyday [this week]. It must be providence. I just received my season one back from a friend, to whom I lent my seasons so she could show her son.
She said that at first, he was watching the episodes alone. After a while, she remembered why she liked the show so much and they now watch them together. They are now somewhere in season 2.
It's nearly 1 AM. I believe I will put in the DVD, raise a toast, and enjoy the beginning chapter of a phenomenal series.
In the already spoken words of Vinnie, "And away we go on with the show."
Lurker - [!)]"
Greg, the show is something that has always stuck with me, as it has many others. In case you didnt know ;) I just wanted to thank you for continuing to work on the show, in the sense that you have never given up on it. Thank you for allowing fans to interact with you and ask you various things. Thank you for the contributions to my childhood and all the wonderful memories.
You're very welcome. And thanks to all the Gargoyles fans who have kept the faith and stuck with me and the show for all these years.
Hey Greg, dude Young Justices is so unbelievably rad bro. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying the show and getting to know all of the characters of the D.C. Universe. I have been a complete Marvel fan for a long time and your show has totally made me "See the Light"... pun intended... I have a question about one of the characters that is become one of my top favorites, Zatanna. I really dig that her spells are verbal commands spoken backwards. Its nerdy I know, but for some reason I really enjoy reading them backwards and getting a better sense of what the spell is and what it is supposed to do. This is a lot easier in comic form. Not so much in t.v. form. My question is what are the actual verbal spells that Zatanna cast on Young Justice.
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Can we please have summaries or a synopsis for some of the upcoming episodes for Young Justice?
Does Green Arrow care about Artemis or just keeps her around for the good of the team?
You'll get 'em as Cartoon Network releases 'em. I don't control that. And if you're asking me to SPOIL... I think you know my answer.
Yes, he cares about her.
Hi greg. loved this weeks episode, I had a feeling red wasn't evil. I liked the introduction of zatanna too, though i'd don't know how i like her and robin as a couple. also, I absolutley LOVE captian marvel, he's so goofy but at the same time i can see him as part of the team. geting into my questions...
1. how angry did the mentors when they found out about the teams "kidnapping" of zatanna and them traking down red? will it affect the leagues trust towards them in anyway?
2. did kid flash's arm heal through out the episode or does he have a strong pain tolerance? i ask since he moved it quite abit despite the injury, unless it was never hurt and he was just overreacting?
3.can black canary or any of the "den mothers" track the bio-ship with the computer thing? if so, then why didn't she check to see where they were when they didn't return?
4. was there ever a mole on the team, or was sportsmaster talking about red?
non-"humanity" related questions
1. where did the injustice league get sent to? belle-reve, arkham?
2.in alpha male, why wasn't miss martian angry like the others were about kaldur kepping the mole secret?
3.because red arrow was fighting alongside green and canary, has he mended his relation ship with them somewhat?
deviating from the questions, what i really liked about "revelation" was how the mentors and non-main character supers got some attention.
4. will there be more episodes like that, that show the justice league fighting villans?
5. off topic, will we get to see mentor,student(ex. batman and robin) interaction in their civilian identities like in downtime?
6. will robin's uncle be seen in the show?( the one from volume six)
7. why wont batman let robin tell the team his identity?
8. when the show first came out, a report online said the 22 episode was going to be about how robin became a hero, is this true or was it a speculation?
9. does the league know captain marvel's real identity?
thank you so much for the series, the last three episodes have been awsome and well worth the wait. have to say though, why is the superboyXmissmartian pairing stressed so much in the show? not that i dislike the two, i actually reallly like superboy( he grew on me in terrors)and the pairing itself isn't to bad, but it feels to focused on. like in alpha-male, i didn't like how there was that subplot where she was angry at him for being overprotective. it felt kinda intrusive, since this was about aqualad becoming a stronger leader and the team moving past their anger towards him. if the issue of conner's overprotection had it's own episode or was a reacurring subplot, i wouldnt mind it as much. also, for the record, i don't dislike megan, i just like artemis more.
homefront was probably my favorite, since it focused on artemis and robin, my two favorites? seeing them grow as teammates was nice as was them becoming classmates and her not knowing it. what i really like is how this episode proves that artemis ISN'T the mole.
thank you so much for this wonderful series.
1. I'm sure feelings were mixed. It's hard to argue with results... particularly when those results literally saved the human race.
2. It was in a cast.
3. No. Not easily.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1. Ultra-Humanite, Black Adam, Atomic Skull and Poison Ivy were sent to Belle Reve. Joker was sent to Arkham.
2. She had other concerns and/or SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. Here and there.
5. Yes, but more in the comic book.
6. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
7. Do the math. If Robin's identity becomes known then it becomes difficult to not deduce Batman's I.D.
8. It was a misinterpretation of something I said.
9. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Superboy and Miss Martian is one of many threads we run through episodes. Sometimes the threads are stronger, sometimes not. Obviously, here at the beginning of their relationship there's more ground to cover. And as you pointed out, "Homefront" had very little of the relationship, yet it was still there.
1. Is Artemis' hair naturally blonde or does she dye it? (Just curious.)
Thank you for your time! :)
1. It's blonde.
Let me start by saying that I know nothing about Red Tornado. I know nothing about Red Torpedo. I know nothing about Red Inferno. I know nothing about Red Volcano. I know nothing about T.O. Morrow. As ignorant as I am of the DC mythos, I am even more ignorant in the mythology of Red Tornado. Up until now, he was that robot that got blown up in an episode of "Justice League Unlimited."
This was an awesome episode. It was a crash course in all of this without ever feeling like an info-dump. From a writing stand point, it felt less like exposition and more like an organic part of the story. That sort of thing is hard to do, but it really worked. Two episodes built up to this, and the pay off was stunning. It takes great writing to make me care about a glorified toaster oven, but this episode did it.
I also liked Zatanna. I liked her a lot. I'm assuming that was Lacey Chabert doing her voice. The cast list attached to the end of the episode was obviously for an episode set down the line, so I don't know. But if it was, it was nice to hear her again. Both her and Vanessa Marshall as Black Canary. I'm hoping we hear more "Spectacular Spider-Man" alumni later on.
Zatanna was a lot of fun, and I liked her chemistry with Robin. I was actually a little disappointed when the episode ended with her seemingly not joining the team. I would like to see more of her and I think she fits right in. I can think of one character I wouldn't mind swapping out in exchange, but that's neither here not there.
I thought Red Volcano made a pretty menacing villain. That scene where he was tearing T.O. Morrow apart was pretty brutal, although I had guessed that Morrow was a robot based on how young he appeared as opposed to how long ago those flashbacks took place. I got an Ultron-vibe from Volcano, and if he is anything like Ultron... or the Coyote robots, I doubt he's gone for good.
I thought the flashbacks to the Justice Society were fun, and added a lot of history to make this world feel more real. I also couldn't help but be reminded of Watchmen" while watching that. And was that the Alan Scott Green Lantern? Cool.
If there is one nit I had about this episode, I don't think Wally's plan to talk to Ivo in the hopes of finding Morrow was a dumb idea at all. In fact, the idea made so much sense, logically, I'm rather surprised Batman didn't think of it. Someone tell Wally to think of dumb ideas to solve more problems, we'll have world peace and an end to hunger and crime in no time.
The script for this episode was personally penned by Greg Weisman. Now, a few years ago, he was writing a "Red Tornado" mini-series for DC, which got shelved. I wonder how much of that found its way into this episode. Because if the two were anything alike, that makes the comic's cancellation even more of a shame.
Overall, I'm not sure which episode of the season is my favorite so far. But it's a tie between "Humanity" and "Targets." Great episode. Like I said last week, the extra credit is being turned in.
Hi again. Sorry for wasting your time questioning whether Uncle Dudley's full name is Dudley H. Dudley because it's already in the "Alpha Male" credits in your Greg Rambles post.
I have some other questions if you wouldn't mind, but understand if you can't answer them if you consider them spoiler requests.
1. How long has Aquaman known Queen Mera for & how long have they been married?
2. How long has Queen Mera been a teacher at the Conservatory of Sorcery for?
3. How old is Wolf & Mr. Tawny?
4. If Captain Marvel is technically just a kid then how could be accepted & relied upon by the League. He did say that Batman was tough on him, but that's about it.
Thanks once again.
1. I haven't worked that out specifically.
3. I'd have to research how long wolves and tigers live and at what rate they age. I haven't yet. They're both physical adults. Neither are "old".
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1.Does Martian Manhunter know Miss Martian and Superboy are dating?
2.Does Superman know Miss Martian and Superboy are dating?
1. If he doesn't, he will soon.
2. If he doesn't, he will soon.