A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 78 records. :
ASK GREG & YJ UPDATE
Gorebash, Todd and I will be opening up Ask Greg for questions and comments again on September 16th, 2011 - i.e. the day that the next new episode of Young Justice airs.
I would, as usual, ask a few favors...
1. Please check the, ASK GREG FAQ, the ASK GREG ARCHIVES AND the questions in the queue ahead of you BEFORE posting. It only slows down the queue for everyone if I get the same question asked over and over again.
2. To save more time, both for you AND for me, consider asking your question FIRST of the knowledgeable fans at the STATION 8 COMMENT ROOM: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/comment/index.php
3. Resist the urge to ask for spoilers. I'm not going to spoil my own show. So asking only slows down the queue.
4. Please be polite. You don't have to like my work, but you should be able to critique it without being rude. And please REFRAIN FROM ASSUMING that your argument is going to be SO convincing that I will admit that my own work sucks. WE LIKE OUR SHOW. You don't have to, but you're not going to convince me that I don't.
101-109 have all aired.
110 was previewed at Comic-Con and will premiere on Cartoon Network on September 16th.
111-119 are also in the can, i.e. totally completed and ready for airing.
120-123 are all in post-production. Today we previewed the music for 120, and spotted the music for 121.
124-126 are still being animated.
201 is shipping to Korea at the end of the week.
202 is in timing.
203 is in storyboard clean-ups.
204 is waiting for board notes.
205-206 are in storyboard.
207 records tomorrow.
208-210 are all in script.
211-220 have been approved into production. Brandon Vietti, Kevin Hopps and myself spent the last week (including Saturday) breaking the last six episodes (one per day). We are pitching the arc of the season to DC, CN and WB this Wednesday. Assuming that goes well, we'll have our first writer's meeting to assign 211-214 on Thursday. I have beatsheets completed on 211-216. Have to write up the beatsheets for 217-220, but I've got all the beats on index cards, so it's just a matter of finding the time to transcribe them into a document.
That's it for now. See you all on the 16th of September!
when is episode 10 coming out
September 16th, 2011 (if we're talking about Young Justice).
Why does Demona hate having her left shoulder covered? Her one shoulder strapped shirt never covers it. In "Sanctuary" she purposely ripped the wedding dress so she could expose that shoulder. In "Hunter's Moon p1" her suit is destroyed in a way that exposes that shoulder too, her other one, still covered. The only time it was covered was in "Future Tense" which I guess is also a clue that it was an illusion.
Might be a warrior thing.
Iâm a big fan of gargoyles but Iâve only been able to find season 1 and season 2 vol. 1 from reputable sellers. Is there any hope that the rest of season 2 and season 3 will be released officially? If so is there an estimate in time?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
And now, here's a question about gargoyles, clones, attraction, and gender traits. I really miss the Blue Mug A Guests, this would have been a perfect question for them.
Male gargoyle clones' eyes glow red, and the female clones' glow white. The complete opposite of natural hatched gargoyles. I was just wondering, how would gargoyles who might attempt to mate with clones deal with this?
The only way I can extrapolate is by picturing human women with gender specific traits that only a man would have, or vice-versa. Most heterosexuals would consider such things to be massive turn-offs, unless they're a bit kinky. I know it's not as extreme as a female with a penis, or a male with a vagina. But I'm trying to extrapolate. Maybe like a beard on a woman, or breasts on a man. Okay, that feels a bit off too.
Now, we didn't see Brooklyn get anywhere with Delilah, he probably never even saw her eyes glow. And considering he was just seeing her as a body, an available female, I wonder just how much of a turn-off that would have been for him if he did make even a little progress.
On the other hand, we have Demona who was with Thailog for at least half a year, and assuming she is 100% heterosexual, I am wondering if that would have unnerved her at all. But, she definitely seemed very physically into him, so maybe she has bisexual tendencies, or she's just really kinky, or maybe she just didn't care one iota. I don't know.
What are your thoughts on this?
I don't get monolithic about this stuff. Different gargoyles would respond differently. To some, maybe to most, it might just seem exotic.
What exactly were Gruoch's feelings about gargoyles? She never seemed comfortable around them. But the only gargoyle we really saw her around was Demona, and that discomfort was understandable and then finally justified. But how did she feel about the rest of the species?
Her last words to Demona "search until you and your kind are but a nightmare memory" are really, really harsh. Understandable especially given the context of what took place, and justifiable towards Demona. Maybe the rest too, considering they still followed her in abandoning Moray. But, it's still a harsh and pretty all encompassing statement. I was watching CoS again, and that line really struck me. Do you know why it struck me? Because in that moment, for a split second, I agreed with her. I say this knowing what I know about how noble most of them are. And then I was a little mortified that I agreed, even in the face of an extreme situation like that.
So, Demona aside, before the "death of Macbeth" how did she feel about gargoyles?
" She never seemed comfortable around them. " seems about right. But she was also never comfortable that Macbeth traded his youth. I don't think she was against them until the end. As I've stated before, I think "tolerance" isn't enough. But she tolerated them.
1.How many languages can Superboy speak?
2.Does Miss Martian make Superboy breakfast, lunch and dinner?
3.Why doesn't Superboy like capes or tights?
4.Do the other members of Young Justice know Superboy can speak spanish?
5.Are more of Superboy's origins going to be expored on Young Justice?
1. A lot.
3. He's a rebel.
5. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
I noticed in your memo for City of Stone that you placed Demona's clan living in caves at Lunfanan Hill in 1020 and 1040. Is that where that cell lived? http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=134
A couple of in-universe questions about "The Pack" television show.
1) How much of a role did Xanatos play in the development of the show? Like creating the monikers for the team and coming up with the storyline of the Pack constantly battling the evil ninjas.
2) How was "The Pack" television show received among parents and critics in the Gargoyles Universe? I mean, was it considered better than Barney?
1. Probably a lot of conceptual work, then delegating the day to day.
2. Probably, it was considered horrible for children. It was a huge success.
When can we expect the rest of season 1 to begin airing? We are waiting for the final 16 episodes from season 1! Any idea?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Some Xanatose related questions here:
1. Is Xanatose enterprises a private corporation or publicaly traded with David obviously as majority shareholder?
2. What kind of plans does Xanatose have for that virus from legion? He seemed really impressed with it so much that he didn't even care they failed to get the defense specs but we havn't seen anything to my knowledge with it yet.
3. Was it Demona who X first learned of Goliath and his clan from or did he learn about them some other way before that like his claim of the Magus writing it down in the Grimorum for instance. Ive never been sure if that Grimorum claim was a flat out lie or not. Plus that line from awakening "At last Castle Wyvyrn" makes it almost sound like he's known about this for some time.
4. When did Xanatose first get the Grimorum.
5. When did Xanatose first get the Eye of Odin.
6. Final question. What did Xanatose exactly want the defense specs for that he was trying to steal in Legion anyway?
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. Well, he has. But he's also know Demona for a long time. Beyond that, I'm not saying...
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
5. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
6. Compare what Demona took from that building in "Reckoning".
I have a question concerning Savarious's appearance in Metamorphesis. I know that you've said in the past that he only made himself look like that generic mad scientist for the role he was hamming up and that the way he looked every other time was how he really looked. But my question is did he have that mad scientist look for all those months he was working with the mutates or would he go back to his regular looking self when not dealing with the mutates i.e. like when Elisa and att showed up to question him off camera did he switch back to his regular appearance?
I ask this because in the tapes regarding Thailogs gestation timeline he looks normal in all of them and the dates range (thanks to your timeline for some of this info) back all the way too Xanatoses release from jail. Plus I figure his coworkers might have wondered what the heck was goin on with him if he came to work at regular hours like that.
He didn't spend 24/7 in 'character'.
In 1050, when Macbeth visited the Pope in Rome, did Demona accompany him?
Story for another day.
I've got a Third Race question I've been mulling over. Now obviously a lot of the Children are drawn from the gods and supernatural beings of various world mythologies. But since you established that many of them have adapted mortal identities over the centuries, particularly during the 1001 year exile from Avalon, did any of them take mortal identities we might recognise from conventional history books?
Any of them? Sure.
How was Brother Valmont able to fire magical arrows with his "Saeth" spell without using a talisman or other magical conduit? I'm curious about this, since we haven't seen any other mortal sorcerers perform such feats, save for the Magus on Avalon, and he perished doing it (not to mention magic was the lifeblood of Avalon, making it possible for him to tap into it).
How do you know what he did or didn't have?
How does Demona feel about Coldsteel? Considering her tendencies to hold a grudge, I cannot see her liking him much after the stunt he pulled with Goliath, Othello and Desdemona. On the other hand, she didn't seem to mind teaming up with him in "High Noon." In fact, she got along as well with him in "High Noon" as we've ever seen her get along with anybody. Now, I suppose I could chalk that up to the Weird Sisters' orders, but aside from the basic order (you and Macbeth steal the talismans and steal Coldstone to distract the gargoyles), she still was very much behaving as she normally would.
There's more to this than I'm willing to reveal right now.
I was wondering who is your favorite Young Justice character?
I don't have one favorite. My mind doesn't work that way.
Dear Greg, I have a comment and a question.
First, I'm sorry to hear about the vitriolic hatemail regarding Megan's catchphrase. I know comic fans are a very opinionated bunch, but this seems extreme and ridiculous. But not all of us hate it to that extreme. Do I find it annoying? At first, but it grew on me. Did I ever hate it? No. I thought you'd appreciate someone supporting your choices rather than condeming.
Now, onto some questions. As you've no doubt heard, DC is revamping their universe in September, and much specualtion is being made about what will happen. Do you think YJ will influence any changes in the mainstream comics(besides Kaldur being a supporting character in Geoff's new Aquaman series)? Would you be flattered if your show contributed to the history of mainstream DC?
As always, thanks for answering these fans questions (well, the ones that aren't fishing for spoilers)
PS- Oh, humorous note; in the newest Previews catalog, they left off half your name on the YJ comic,so apparently you're Greg Weis.
I suppose I would be flattered, but I don't have any expectations of that.
what is impt. in your life family or money?
Family is most important. Money is important in service to family and other things. But I don't make my life about money.
I was wondering about Fox's tattio. I was wondering the 5w's
why did she get the tattio and why on her face? what made her get it? a suggestion from a friend or wanting a deeper sense of conncetion between her and her animal counter-part? when did she get it? where was her tattio done? who did it for her? a friend or a tattio artist? However I was also wondering if her parents knew that she was getting a tattio or found out when she walking in the door with a Fox head on her face. Also how did Fox's dad take the news/sight of his daughter with a Fox head tattio on her face? Last two questions that I want to ask about Fox and her tattio are what made her get the tattio in Blue? is Blue her fav. colour?
Sincerly: Irish Phantom
I'm going to demure from answering most of this... some because I believe it's best to leave the answers to each viewer/reader's interpretation, some because the answers would be spoilers and some because, to be honest, I just haven't figured out the answers at this point.
The one I will answer is to confirm her folks found out about the tattoo after the fact.
I'm from Ireland, huge fan..
Just want to say, thanks for a large part of my childhood in the form of Gargoyles.
I have a picture of Goliath tatooed on my arm with 3 crows over his shoulder representing myself, my dad and younger brother as we used to watch it togeather, everyday after school..Thanks alot. And just out of interest, any idea where I could get Season 2 part 2 on dvd, video, anything..??
Wow. Tattoos are quite the commitment.
Sorry, no new news on the DVD front.
I know you hear this a lot, but I wanted to start by saying that I've always loved Gargoyles; I was raised on it. It was one of the things that started my love for the fantasy genre, and it taught me by example how to write/appreciate stories with complex characters and well-thought stories. I also love TSSM and Young Justice, and started watching both after hearing you were working on it. ;) :) Thanks for all the hard work you've poured into your work over the years. :)
My question has to do with Demona and "Operation Clean Slate". (I hope I'm not repeating a question; I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything.) Anyways, I was wondering a couple of things:
a) if Demona knows about other sentient life outside of humans, gargoyles, and Oberon's children--like the New Olympians--would she care that she's probably killing all of them, too? (I'm not asking if she does know about them--I imagine you probably want to keep that to yourself. ;))
b) Would killing the entire human race count as Demona killing MacBeth? (To be honest, I've never fully understood whether they actually have to kill each other practically simultaneously, or whether just one killing the other would be enough. MacBeth seems to believe the latter, but if he's mistaken, then I'm assuming they would both survive.)
Thanks for your time! :)
a. I'll leave that to your interpretation of the character.
b. This has been covered. Check the archives.
Thanks for the kind words.
I am loving Young Justice so far. The art is just phenomenal. Especially those underwater flowers in Downtime. Please pass my compliments along to the artists for the show. They're doing an amazing job.
The only bummer so far is not knowing how long before the dreaded hiatus comes to an end. My inner fangirl is so depressed, but we shall continue to wait it out. (I get like this whenever one of my shows like Psych and White Collar go on break, so don't take it to heart.) Besides, it's only making me look forward to when new episodes start airing again.
Which brings me to my question about future episodes. I know that in the comics, Superboy discovers that he has tactile telekinesis and it becomes one of his most used abilites. Assuming he still has TTK in Young Justice and that you are able to answer my question at this time, how far into the future will it be before this ability comes out? And will their latest "souvenir" play a part in this or is that a seperate thing entirely?
Thanks for the awesome show so far and taking the time to answer all of our questions.
Sorry, no "tactile telekinesis". It's not one of Superman's powers.
When will new episodes of Young Justice start airing?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Is there much relationship between Roy and Dick?
Does Roy know Robins ID?
1. They're friends, but Dick is closer to Wally, and Roy is closer to Kaldur.
I just noticed something I had missed the first time watching Independence Day- When the four boys finally leave the sublevels of Cadmus due to the unexpected hole in the ceiling, Dick commented on it, shot his grappling gun and zipped out. What I had missed was Wally grabbing his belt and catching a ride out. It was a wonderful little expression of close friends operating on an non verbal level. Wonderful!
First, I absolutely adore Young Justice. I just do. Because you probably can't tell me if this happens: I really hope there are more "words from Robin". Because, they're great. I'm just sayin'.
Second, I have questions. Two, actually.
1. Because there are two Green Lanterns on the Justice League in YJ, I can imagine that there would be a few communication problems, so, what are they called?? Are they referred to by their first names, even in the field? (or whatever the correct term would be...)
2. This is...kind of a strange question. Does Superboy even know how to use the tv? Because, M'Gann asked if she needed to turn something on for him...and...yeah.
1. It's a fair question. And their first names are used often. But it's all on a case by case basis.
2. He knows. He didn't want it on. He liked the white noise.
hello. another YOUNG JUSTICE fan here, i REALLY Really love the show btw. so, we've seen 9 episodes now, & it's on reruns... just wanted to know when new episodes were gonna air again?
thank you for taking your time to read this and respond(hopefully).
September 16, I believe.
Given the current events in Japan (earthquake, tsunami, nuclear power plant problems), I thought this question might be somewhat relevant. Assuming the aforementioned events in Japan occured in the gargoyles universe, would the Japanese clan be safe?
I'm hoping that things getting better in Japan in the real world.
I'm sitting back in 1997. I can't see that far ahead.
"Avalon sends you where you need to be" - I've thought about that quote recently quite a bit.
When a traveler leaves Avalon via water, who/what determines where the traveler 'needs to be'?
Er... Isn't Captain Marvel technically only 10 years old? Why isn't he in YJ instead of the JL?
are you aware of this?
Uh... I guess I am now.
So I've been looking at the Justice League lineup, and it's pretty obvious so far we're gonna get at least some interaction with the big name heroes, if we haven't already. But are we going to see some more of the more obscure guys like Captain Atom, Zatara, and Captain Marvel too? (And on that train of thought; is it Hawkwoman or Hawkgirl who's in the league?)
And, yes, eventually, we'll get more interaction from all the characters you named - either in the tv series or the companion comic or both.
Hi, Greg. Remember me? I dressed up like Shari at The Gathering in Chicago. Well, here's something I've been wondering about for years. I've been reading Ask Greg, and the GargWiki for many, many years and I've never found the answer to this question: Does Thailog speak French? And if he does, is he fluent or does he know enough to get by? You don't know how happy hearing the answer will make me. I'm kind of a huge Thailog fan!
Thanks for your time, Greg. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer all our questions.
Of course, I remember you!
I imagine Thailog speaks many languages - French included.
Not a question, just a few comments that I've been meaning to write since I first started reading this message board.
First of all Thank You! Thank you for making programming that is appropriate for children and still fun for adults. Thank you for Gargoyles, possibly the greatest cartoon of all time. I am 26 and I still record the late night showings on my DVR and watch them as a reminder to be noble even when it is not to my immediate benefit.
Thank you for hosting this site. It is incredible to me that you still answer Gargoyles, Spectacular Spiderman, as well as YJ questions. I know you must get frustrated with all the fishing questions, but it means more to me than I can express that you have given a forum to keep interest in Gargoyles and SS alive, even though the shows have been canceled.
I am so glad to learn that you are finding success with YJ. I've been excited to read about the toy line and the plans for the "Invasion" miniseries. If there is anyone who deserves this kind of success, it is you. Especially after the heartbreaking losses of your previous projects. I have also enjoyed some of the interviews regarding YJ that I have seen on Comicbookmovie.com and I hope that perhaps your success with YJ will give you a platform to pursue new projects in the future (or maybe old projects... I know... but a guy can dream).
A final thank you for all of the above, but particularly for all of your effort to keep producing quality programming even though I know your efforts in the past have not been met with near the acclaim they (and you) deserve.
Keep fighting the good fight and I know that your long time fans (me included) will continue to support you in your future ventures.
I wouldn't exactly call my previous projects "heartbreaking losses". That puts the whole thing in too negative a cast. In general, those were very successful projects - that simply ended before I could tell all the stories I wanted to tell. Doesn't that sound nicer?
And acclaim isn't really the goal. It's nice and all (most but not all of the time), but it's the work itself that gets me up in the morning. I can take or leave the acclaim. And the acclaim I have is plenty, believe me.
But thank you so much for the kind words and sympathy.
i keep reading that young justice is set in a 'young dc universe' that's only really had superheroes for about ten years - so why are there so many golden age superheroes cropping up? it's not like a criticism, i love doctor fate and the justice society, i was just really surprised to see them after i kept reading about the superheroes-as-recent-phenomenon angle. great, great show, btw
The idea is that, yes, there were heroes back in the 1940s, but that most retired, died, went underground, etc., long ago and that there was a fallow period without super-heroes until Superman showed.
Hi there, I've just been reading about CN's new DC Nation programming block that they're introducing and a couple of sites are saying that the block will be launched with a 10 episode spin-off miniseries of Young Justice called Invasion. I realise that more than likely you won't be able to (or indeed WANT to) go into any details about it, but I was wondering if it's something that you're directly involved in? I ask because I can't see how anyone else can fit a TEN episode arc into the tight-knit chronology that you've got going on in YJ. It also occurred to me that Invasion might just be the last ten episodes of the main show marketed as something different by CN (wouldn't be the first time). Anyway - the show is incredible, one of the best superhero shows ever, as far as I'm concerned.
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Is the Young Justice: Inavsion 10-episode mini-series a part of your Young Justice tv/comic series?
P.S. Your show is awesome!
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
In regards to Young Justice:
I have looked and so far I haven't found the questions I'm going to ask in the other archives. I apologize in advance if you have answered them. So here we go:
1) Is Green Arrow and Black Canary 'together' in this version?
2) And why do Megan's eyes sometimes glow different colors? Sometime they are red, and others it is white, or even green. Does each color signify something important?
PS: Megan is my absolute favorite character and I love the way you portray her. I do my best to ignore all the Megan haters out there.
1. They're a couple, yes.
2. Red? Really? Don't recall that. She tends to glow green when exerting herself psychically or telekinetically in more than a casual way.
1. How come Batman doesn't use knives that much? Knives are obviously different from guns.
2. This question might sound silly: In YJ, whenever Bruce Wayne buys something does he always pay with cash? I asked because that internet celebrity "Nostalgia Critic" (Doug Walker) gets very annoyed everytime he hears that "Bat-Credit Card".
3. Have you heard that there is another Batman cartoon series on the way?
1. Depends on one's interpretation of the character.
2. I'm not sure what a "Bat-Credit Card" is. But I assume Bruce Wayne sometimes pays with cash, and sometimes with credit, like any rich guy.
I first wanted to single out the episode Denial as a really well done episode of the show. The use of theme and character really resonated with me in a way that I the other episodes havenât. (Itâs not that the otherâs weâre bad I just responded more to this one).
Now to business: Iâm working on a theory as to the identity of the Light.
In the episode Fireworks the character Blockbuster is the main antagonist. This is the episode where weâre introduced to L-1 and L-3.
In the episode Drop Zone Sportsmaster is the main antagonist. This is the episode where weâre introduced to an uncredited member of the light who (I believe) has a Spanish accent.
In the episode Infiltrator the League of Shadows (specifically Sensi, Cheshire and Professor Ojo) are the main antagonists. This is the episode where weâre introduced to L-2.
In the episode Downtime, Black Manta is the main antagonists. This is the episode where weâre introduced to L-5.
In the episode Bereft, Psimon is the main antagonist. This is the episode where weâre introduced to L-4. Now my theory is this: Thereâs a relationship between the Main Antagonist of the episode and the identity of the member of the light who appears in that episode. Am I correct in my line of reasoning, or am I off base?
When working on WITCH, did you ever meet or otherwise communicate with the creator of the original comic?
When is Disney going to release the rest of the (UNCUT) Gargoyles episodes on DVD? Because I find it kinda' strange that Disney can somehow afford to release these butchered and edited releases (of Iron Man, Xmen, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, etc.) with NO notible extras, but the Gargoyles releases were cancelled. I DON'T think it's right! What do you think?
post an answer back at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
So a lot of people on forums are mention how during Downtime in Artemis' scene the show on tv said "Hello Megan", but I had captions on and I'm pretty sure I read "Hello Neigh-" am I just crazy?
I don't know if you're crazy. I don't know what the captions said. We're not responsible for them. And on past series I've worked on, they've been known to ... well, contain the occasional error.
I saw that someone asked a question involving the information given to us on 3/22/11 specifically this quote "Cartoon Network has also announced a special 10-episode Young Justice mini-series dubbed "Invasion," spinning out of the popular animated series, set to air either late 2011 or 2012. Further details are expected."
Some of my questions are
1. I was wondering what does spinning out of the series mean?
2. Is this just a major arc of the television series?
3. If it's not will it feature the Young Justice team as the main protagonists?
4. Are you directly involved in this project?
5. Is it going to be related to the plot of Young Justice?
6. Will we receive new episodes of Young Justice while this series is airing?
7. Will this count towards our 26 episode season?
And another question on this same page Young Justice is listed under returning shows does that mean that you got picked up for a second season?
The page that spawned all these questions can be found here: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=994
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Just found information over at The World's Finest about a ten episode Young Justice mini series set to debut late 2011 or 2012. Will it be set after series 1? Will it be series 2? What can you tell us about this?
Check out the ASK GREG Young Justice archives for an answer.
Phil Bourassa, character designer extraordinare for YOUNG JUSTICE, has one an EMMY AWARD for his work on the series!
Phil's designs are, of course, stunning, and he's truly irreplaceable! All of us here at YJ are thrilled for him.
And, let's be honest, for ourselves as well. Hey, now we're all working on an Emmy-winning show! ;)
First of all, I must say, I am absolutely in love with Young Justice. I was kind of skeptical about it at first, because I thought that it would be another Teen Titans and I'd never really read the comic books, but now that I've been watching it, I love the characters, their weird personalities and the team as a whole. It's the best thing on TV, right now, in my opinion. It's mine and my friend's favorite thing to watch, at the moment. I'm kind of upset about the hiatus though.
Anyways, I was watching the episode Downtime and I was wondering, where does Aqualad live? I mean, at first I thought that he lived in Atlantis with Aqualad but the whole plot of the episode was about how he didn't spend enough time there and his conversations with various Atlanteans show that he hasn't been home in awhile. So, I was just wondering, does Aqualad live on Earth somewhere with, like, a foster family or something of the like? It's just a question that's been on my mind for awhile.
Asked and answered. Please check the ASK GREG Young Justice Archives.
Absolutely love the work you are doing on Young Justice, just had a few questions about ideas and concepts created and dealt with by you and the rest of the YJ staff.
1. How do you find a balance between what you want to write, what DC will let you do and fandom desires and expectations?
2. The episode "Denial" reveals the existence of Justice Society and posits a superheroic history that is beyond the scope of the show; are fans to assume that the Young Justice universe follows the events of the main DC universe unless otherwise noted?
3. As Young Justice takes place on Earth-16, do you feel the freedom to alter and erase events from the main DC universe to fit your particular vision?
1. The only consideration is what Brandon and I thinks works best for the series. DC isn't telling us to do anything, and they have been great partners, who have not restricted us at all. As for "fandom desires and expectations"... well, you need to keep in mind that the fans aren't monolithic. Some want X. Some want Y. But ultimately, Brandon and I are huge fans of all this stuff ourselves. So the best and only route that makes any sense is for us to passionately meet our desires and expectations, and then cross our fingers and hope a majority of our viewers agree.
2. No. One should assume nothing.
3. I wouldn't use the word "erase". But, in essence, yes.
I've been watching Young Justice since it first aired and I must say that I'm impressed. Even though it's not quite like the original comics it has a certain feel to it that makes it likeable and unique.
I just would like to know if I'm the only one who thinks that during the episode "Downtime", Superboy had this grim face all the time while watching television. Kinda sad, hahaha.
Are you going to keep the backstories as in the comics? I will not spoil, but I would like to know if Superboy will get his human name. That would be awesome.
You guys are doing a really great job. Disregard what others say, this is not at all like "Teen Titans". There are no really obvious anime references like the show used to, which was kind of annoying, and it is actually action packed.
The romances are kind of rushed too, but I can handle it given all the romance there was in the comics.
Keep up the awesome work!
Hi, I searching and didn't find this asked, but if it was, please excuse this!
1. I really don't have a problem with the Robin in YJ being Dick Grayson, but I'm wondering why is it that the developers picked Dick and not Tim Drake? I guess I was just looking forward to Tim since Dick got to be in Teen Titans.
2. In the episode Bereft, there is a quick flashback when M'gann is regaining memories of a white cheerleader who looks like M'gann (except white, not green) and says "Hello, Megan." Who is this girl? My friends and I speculate that the girl is from a TV show and M'gann emulated this girl's form and mannerisms (except becoming green to match J'onn) to fit in on Earth. This, though, implies that this isn't M'gann's true form (white martian, perhaps?) I know you don't want to spoil anything or give things away, but I thought I'd ask anyways.
1. <sigh> I'm fairly confident this was asked and answered before, but - briefly: Tim's origin makes NO SENSE without Dick preceding him. And since we were doing EARLY days of Earth-16, it just made way more sense to go with Dick. The (I think arguable) notion that Dick was in Titans played no role in our decision. Neither did the (even more dubious) idea that it was somehow Tim's turn. Our cast was not in any way dictated by other series. We didn't chose to include or disinclude characters because of other shows. We just tried to do what was right for OUR series.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Will Static appear on Young Justice and later become part of the team?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
I'm in love with Young Justice, just one thing has been bugging me. Martian Manhunter is my all-time fave superhero, and I couldn't help but notice that in 'Bereft', his name was pronounced way differently than earlier in the series. In previous series I've always heard it as & pronounced it 'Zhawn' but heard M'gann say 'Juh-on'. Was this simply an oversight? Did I imagine it? Am I simply being too nitpicky?
In any case, great job on the show. I have high respect for everyone working on this; it's pure gold. Every DCAU series before has been great in their own way, but YJ is definitely executed in an overall better way. Kudos!
In our series, he's ALWAYS been J'onn, with a slight glottal stop after the J, which is how we interpret the transliteration. (I mean, why put the apostrophe in there at all, if it's not going to be honored?) Not Zhawn, which I know is how his name was pronounced in the JUSTICE LEAGUE series. Different series, different interpretations, different choices.
Previously you've stated that Superboy speaks Spanish and I was curious if you'd be willing to tell us what languages each team member speaks, as at least three members are at least bilingual. If you are, please do so.
Either way, thank you for your time.
I'm not bilingual.
Superboy speaks many, many languages, including (but not limited to) English, Spanish, French, Korean, Arabic, Russian, etc.
Aqualad speaks English and Atlantean, and can get by in Ancient Greek and Modern Greek.
Miss Martian speaks English and Martian. But she also has the ability to translate psychically.
Kid Flash speaks English and some high school Latin.
Artemis speaks English, Vietnamese and French.
Robin speaks English, and can get by in French, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese, at least.
Greg, you da man! :D
I was wondering why there is a 4 week break on Young Justice in the middle of the season? I can't wait that long, I'll go nuts!
Cheers from the Netherlands!
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
On the second YJ comic book- I enjoyed it- one quick question:
J'ohn was wearing the black uniform. Did he always have that costume in the cartoon continuity, or did Kon-El's experience color the projection?
This has been J'onn's costume on Earth-16.
Bereft- greatly enjoyed
A few things I noticed...
1-Artimas continues to remind me a bit of Cassandra Cain, in this case her relationship with her father. Additionally, with a 6 months time frame, her (annoyed) assumption that she was meant to kill Kid Flash and and her complete none recognition of her costume, I assume her current lifestyle is a recent and complete change from what came before. (How recent is what surprises me.) Has she been with her mother less than 6 months?
2-Wally, without his memory, seems to default to something a little more gallant. He hits on Artimas far less and genuinely reaches out to her with help and companionship. He also seems far more professional as befiting finding yourself solo and confused mid mission. (He barely pesters M'gan at all. On the possibly more negative side it could be read as he latches on to the first pretty girl. I perfer to think he is just less of a horndog and more in tune to the folks around him when he forgets to keep up his reputation.)
3-M'Gan was green 6 months ago, and refers to J'ohn as her uncle. Seems to be pointing at a populated Mars and her not being a White Martian.
4-M'gana and Kon are jsut plain sweet together.
5-I recognized the voice o the member of The Light and I heard in advance who Marina Stirtis is cast to play- possible spoilers. Doesn't bug me- I can take or leave The Light at this point. I'm sure that will change as things go on.
1. See issue #7 of the Young Justice comic book.
2. Can't all things be true?
3. See issue #6 of the comic.
5. Hope so.
...one of the clips shows Aquaman with longer hair than he has on the show right now, am I right to assume that as time passes some characters appearances might change, or was the design changed or something?
Some characters' appearances may indeed change, but that's not an example. The Aquaman with longer hair was development artwork, not final production artwork.
1) Hmmm I just checked it wasn't artwork that was shown it was an actual clip, the whole league standing side by side looking at the team and then it cuts to Batman who starts saying something and in that clip Aquaman has long hair...
2) Anyway that's all great, character appearances might change one or more main characters will die and and actual timeline you do spoil us fans with all this great stuff.
Though I do hope you guys wont make it a comic book death cause I hate those...
I mean why kill a character in the first place if your gonna bring him back, don't get me wrong I do love the characters and it's gonna be sad to see them gone, but that's the point, you make us love them and then when we least expect it you kill em off making us feel all sad and the like.
3) Again anyway, last thing I just kinda have to ask, if by the time you read this it's been answered here, just ignore it.
Is that Sphere thing an existing um... character in the dc universe? or is it someone/something new created for the show?
I haven't been able to find anything on him so I'm guessing created for the show but I'm just curious.
1. I know. And that clip was a test, done with DEVELOPMENT ARTWORK. It doesn't count.
2. I NEVER said "one or more main characters will die". I'm not saying they won't either. What I said, is "No one is safe."
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hey Greg. My name is Will, and Young Justice is the first of your shows I have come across of which I am thoroughly enjoying, and I have a few questions about it.
1. I presume the case with having DC characters in an animated show, is that they have to be approved. Now, I am not asking for names, but how do you go about having a 'character aproved'? Now, let's use Robin for example. In the early stages of production when you decided you wanted Robin, what happens? Also let's say you wanted to use Miss Martian, but she was not approved. What effects these outcomes?
2. In the episode 'Infiltrator', there is a member of the League of Shadows known as 'Black Spider'. Now with your work on 'The Spectacular Spider-Man, I couldn't help but think that this was a reference to Spider-Man. Am I correct in saying that?
3. Do you ever look back at the 'Young Justice' or 'Teen Titans' comics for inspiration?
4. After the airing of episode 9 'Bereft', there is a small break where repeats are shown. Why is this?
5. How did the idea of the 'Young Justice' TV series come about? Was it an idea you had? Were you approached about the idea?
6. It hasn't actually been confirmed in the series, but the team, is it called 'Young Justice'? Or is it nameless?
7. Last of all, not sure if you are allowed to answer this, but what have you had most fun working on in your television career?
Thanks so much for your time to answer the questions, I really appreciate it. I am thoroughly enjoying YJ, it has exceeded all of my expectations, and fingers crossed for a season 2! Funnily enough, I am also the creator of the Young Justice Wiki, and since your comment about confirmed canon on the Gargoyles wiki, we have taken it on board, and improved it greatly.
Thanks again, Will.
1. The reasons for an approval or lack there of, have to do with various legal, strategic and financial issues, which I am NOT privy to. When we began Young Justice, we asked - more or less - for everyone. The entire DC Universe. And that's pretty much what we got. There were, at the beginning of the process, a handful of characters that were declared off-limits, and - because I've admitted this previously - I'll acknowledge that one of those was Wonder Girl. Since then, all restrictions have been lifted.
2. Black Spider is an existing DC Character, who has been associated with The League of Assassins in the comics in the past.
3. We did, yes.
4. You'd have to ask Cartoon Network.
5. Sam Register suggested it to Brandon Vietti and myself. We ran with it from there.
6. It's called "The Team". Young Justice is ONLY the title of the series. Not the name of the Team.
7. Probably Gargoyles, still. But I've had a great time on Roughnecks, W.I.T.C.H., Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice and even the occasional freelance assignment.
Hopefully a new variation on a very old question (search didn't turn it up, at least): I'm in the middle of rewatching Gargoyles on DVD and am, of course, about to be very disappointed. Is there any reason to think that we might have more success in getting Disney to release the rest of the series in some kind of streaming format? I don't know all the cost calculations involved with the decision not to produce the second part of season two, but it seems like there are more opportunities on streaming for releases that may not make it with DVD production costs. Is that something you've tried to pursue, or is there anything we could do to support that that's different than the DVDs?
I honestly just don't know.
Wow I can't believe how old some of these questions are. 2000? Dang, I was barely in kindergarden. This show is just not that old in my mind D:
Anyway, just some curiousity questions about Jackal and Hyena since I just realised I adore these two.
1. Did the Pack live in Pack Media Studios when they were big stars? Besides, Fox, I've never seen them "at home", except for Jackal and Hyena, but that was after they were cyborgs. I always figured them as a 'family' when I was little, but of course now I can see that is very far from reality, so I can only wonder if they lived together or not.
2. It's been said on here and just around the internet that Jackal and Hyena are completely nuts; a sociopath and a psychopath I believe, as well as being amoral in every sense of the word, save for towards each other. I was curious as to if they're the kind of people that would be some level of incestiuous? I mean, I doubt it would strike them as "bad", and even if it did, I doubt they'd care.
1. No, they didn't live at the studio.
2. I don't think so. He's not her type.
I've been reading through the archives, and came across some comments you made about Lexington's sexuality, and how you wouldn't have been allowed to reference it on television (even implicitly). I was just curious if, over a decade later, restrictions on this subject matter had changed at all?
ie. IF you determined that a character on Young Justice was gay (and BTW, this is all theoretical... it's not my sneaky way of asking if any gay characters will appear) do you think there would still be the same sorts of restrictions?
I'd hope not, but you never know...
I'm afraid there would.
Does Aqualad actually have fins or are they just part of the costume??
Part of the costume. He does have gills though.
Hi Greg, thank you for connecting to everyone. Fifteen years later, I'm sure questions about "The Kiss" never end, so who am I to part with tradition?
>It is my understanding that, for soap operas and/or ongoing series, actors do get sprung some story-surprises in their scripts. Although it was likely 1 to 2 pages of script, was "The Kiss" that kind of surprise for Salli Richardson and Keith David?
>Did they record their dialogue together? because it was extraordinarily acted.
Honestly, I can't remember. Wish I could.
So we all got a pretty good look at some abs in "Infiltrator". But one cannot help but notice a severe lack of bellybuttons...
SUPERBOY ISN'T THE ONLY CLONE HERE, IS HE.
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the absense of animated belly-buttons.
Hello! I am a long time watcher of all the shows you have created and I have frequented the site quite often but this is my first post. First I would like to say the obligatory keep up the fantastic work. Secondly I would also like to comend and coment on Young Justice the show in and of its self is great, my coment comes from the profusion of on particular coment that I have seen on the site namely Why is Superman being such a jerk to Superboy question. My interpretation of this issue is that you would have seen a similar dynamic if you had called Suprboy Le-Lak in stead of Kon-El if you follow me. If I am right about this, I like the way you have chosen to show the other side of the orignal dynamic without superboy being evil of course.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the "Le-Lak" reference, beyond the obvious, i.e. that it is "Kal-El" backwards. So I may not be following you.
The YJ theme song and the visuals are very cool. Were there other versions of either the theme or the visuals that you had? What sparked the decision to have scenes from an episode in their respective appearance?
Also, the flashback in "Bereft" hinted that Megan might've picked up her catchphrase from a TV show. Or was she perhaps on the show? ;)
Is Aqualad the only Atlantean to use Water Bearers, or is it part of his maturity as an adult, like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly? The Queen didn't use Bearers at all.
What sparked the choice to have the Atlantean speak in "Downtime," and who created it? Was it hard for the voice actors to do?
It was Brandon's idea to use scenes from the episode in the middle of the main title. I was leery of the idea, as I don't like spoilers much, but Brandon and our editor Jho Reyes always manage to find great images that tease without spoiling.
Aqualad is considerably less advanced magically than Mera. He requires the tool; she does not.
The Atlantean was a challenge for everyone. But I think it turned out well. The idea was mine, in keeping with what Brandon and I have done with the REALITY of foreign languages in the series as a whole. I figured it should be some variation on Ancient Greek, and contacted Aris Katsaris, a Greek Gargoyle fan in order to get his help for both the translations and the transliterations. Figure that anything we got wrong... is because Atlantean is an unknown dialect of Ancient Greek.
Another "Downtime" question; where was Artemis during and after the disastrous Clayface mission? Was she on a break or did Batman take her off for a specific reason?
Check out issue 12 of the Young Justice Comic Book for an answer.
Hi Greg. Some of my questions may cross in to "spoilery" territory. Sorry if that happens.
1) Regarding "Schooled" ... I noticed that Amazon only duplicated the League's powers one at a time is that how his power works, or can he use their powers all at once?
2) Is there a limit to the types of powers that Amazo can duplicate? For instance, could he duplicate magic-based powers like those of Zatara and Captian Marvel?
3) Speaking of Captain Marvel... As a huge Shazam fan I am often annoyed by modern interpretations of the character which often depict him as either 1) a second rate Superman, or 2) a mentally retarded six year old. Can you comment at all upon Young Justice's depiction of Captain Marvel?
4) My favorite cartoon from the 80s, Dungeons & Dragon, clocks in at 24 minutes. Young Justice seems to be 21 minutes long. (Do I have that right?) Why are the episodes so short, and is there anything we can do about this for future seasons?
1. One at a time, at least for now.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. Assuming your stats are accurate, I assume it's to make room for more commercials.
Thank you for answering my question sir.
I hate to bug you with a follow-up, but I was just curious, had Catherine Cobert shown up in the pilot (and I guess by extension if she does evershow up, though I'm sure you couldn't answer that specific point), would she have had a French accent?
First of all, I'd like to say I'm a huge fan of your work since Gargoyles made my young mind snap from "short attention span" to "give me more character-driven serial fiction!" during the Disney Afternoon days (jeez, I'm old...). When I heard you were doing Spectacular Spider-Man, I knew I was going to be in for a treat and while the show only got two seasons, DAMN were they exactly what I needed out of a Spider-Man show.
I've read the questions posted and have sat here making sure I won't ask an *eye-roll*-worthy one or something that will inspire the "no comment"-of doom, so here goes:
Gargoyles and Young Justice both have a family quality to the teams of characters that are our protagonists. We're introduced to a small band of 6-7 heroes by the writers and over the course of adventure after adventure we the viewer comes to feel as much as a part of that "family" as they do with each other. My question is (and I am in NO WAY fishing for spoilers or hints or what have you) what are your feelings on shows that expand these bases down the line? I remember, for example, that when Avatar added Toph her initial episodes didn't seem to gel with the audience I was viewing the show with and it felt like (to us) that the character didn't fit into a narrative we'd become accustomed to, yet by the end of the season (and this was our fault for not trusting the writers), Toph was a great piece of a larger cast that grew organically. Do you feel that adding, say, Angela as a new member of the Gargoyle family can hurt the narrative established with an audience burned time after time by artificial 90's cartoon storylines or does the idea of getting to add, say, the Wonder Twins (again, not fishing hence why I use these guys) offer up an opportunity to you as a writer for a left turn in the plot that you get to have a "trust us, we know what we're doing" stance with your audience?
(man that was a huge run-on senence...)
When you and Brandon were mapping out the season (I saw the great behind the scenes video from SDCC), what was the best ah-ha moment (related to something we've already seen, not a spoiler or fishing trip) that you as a team came up with? Mostly I'm just looking for an anecdote about working as a team, you could even be vague and pronouny.
Third and final quesiton
You've now gotten to work on Marvel's Spider-verse, and the entire DC universe. I've noticed that in both cases you've gotten to go your own way on certain characters you've gotten to use (e.g. Silver Sable was a villain on Spider-Man with a relationship to Silvermane). Which comes first in cases where this occurs? Do you riff on story ideas and go, "we need a psychic badass" and then go, "let's use Psimon, but let's tweak him a little" or do you (or someone on the team) say, "Man, we REALLY need to use Abra Kadabra and I think I know how we could do that!" Since both shows have shown you dipping into a huge pool of characters, what about a character makes them a "semi-blank canvas" character that you can take as an opportunity to fit within your storybeats versus a character that you feel is fully-formed and just needs an artistic tweak to fit your plot?
Again, thank you so much for this board, your time, and this show. You've contributed so much to quality animation and, I hope you see the compliment here, but when I and my friends push Gargoyles on to newbies, we usually describe it as, "It's like the Wire, but with Shakespere, monsters, and the NYPD"
1. I don't see how expanding the cast ORGANICALLY hurts the narrative.
2. I don't know that we had a single "Ah ha!" moment on YJ. But when things are working, they just begin to come together.
3. We've worked it from both directions. Ultimately, we ALWAYS try to be true to the spirit of the character - though sometimes we are intentionally introducing the character at a pre-classic stage. Silver Sable is a perfect example. We had long term plans for her that would have eventually brought her closer to the Sable from the comics. But we liked this backstory for her - and connecting her to Silvermane helped preserve the coherence of our universe.
1) How old are Garth and Tula?
2) Following Mammoth's transformation, does he retain his ability of speech? Can he form coherent thoughts, or is he just like a wild animal?
3) How did Professor Ivo seemingly die before resurfacing in "Schooled"? Was he fighting the Justice League or a superhero, or was it completely unrelated?
4) Did Professor Ojo and Sensei hand over the data they acquired from Miami Beach University to the Light too, or was it just the S.T.A.R. Labs and WayneTech data they wanted?
5) What were three members of the League of Shadows doing in Rhode Island, and if they were not in RI, how did they get to Happy Harbor so quickly?
6) How did Abra Kadabra find Kent Nelson in New Orleans?
7) What kind of government does Bialya have?
8) Is Aquaman aware of Aqualad's parentage? If yes (or if not), is Mera?
9) Why did Jay Garrick retire? Was he just getting too old for it in general and wanted to give Barry Allen a chance, or does he have some kind of medical condition stopping him?
10) Does Artemis watch "Hello, Megan!" (the TV show)?
2. He can and does form coherent thoughts. Speech is more difficult.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. I'm sure there was a reason why MBU was chosen as a test site. So, yes, they turned that data over.
5. They were close enough to get there by necessary means.
6. Does it really matter?
7. A dictatorship. Though Queen Bee would claim it's a constitutional monarchy.
8. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
9. No medical condition. In fact, he's in amazing shape for his age. But he is over 90, and there are two other Speedsters.
10. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
At the start of "Schooled", we see some automobiles crossing a large bridge.The timestamp tells us we're in Metropolis.Next we see an accident, and Bruce looking through binoculars from a Wayne building.
Now, does this mean that Gotham and Metropolis are sister cities and are connected by that bridge?Or does Bruce just have an office in Metropolis?
Bruce has offices in many major cities.
I searched through the archives and didn't find anything, but I hope I didn't miss anything!
First, I'd just like to say great job on Young Justice! I'm really liking all of the characters so far. You've done a great job making them all into people you can relate to, and I like the way they are developing. I can clearly see that they are growing- and all their flaws are not just there for no reason, they are all well rounded characters. Red Arrow is my prime example- I already liked him from the beginning, but I could see why people thought he was just angry. Then you put in his speech at the end of 'Infiltrator' ("Don't hurt my friends") and I like him a lot more. He's more than just 'the angry one'.
Anyways, I was watching 'Bereft', and the way Psimon made them all forget through the team's psychic link fascinated me. It got me thinking. How does their mind link work, exactly? Do they have to specifically project thoughts, or do subconscious thoughts also get through? Is there some level of empathy involved (M'gann felt when Superboy was in pain) and if so, would only M'gann be affected or would everyone feel it, if they were linked up? Also, how much control do the others have over the link? If this will be explored in greater detail later on in the series, feel free to ignore my question. Thanks!
M'gann's mindlink only projects conscious attempts at communication. It's a very surface-level connection.
Hi Greg, I want to ask some questions of Young Justice.
1. In Kirby's original DNA Project stories (the origin of Cadmus) Guardian is a clone of the original Jim Harper who was killed in action-- a creation of "The Project". There is a reference to this during "Fireworks" when Dubbilex refers to Guardian as "brother", a term he usually reserves for other genomorphs. So is Guardian a clone.
2. Mark Desmond become "Blockbuster" by Blockbuster serum developed through a combination of genetic research and strange blue ice crystals by Cadmus. Is he a "Genomorph".
3. Mammoth was infected with Kobra Venom(combination of Blockbuster serum & Venom) and was permanently transformed into a super strong monstrosity. Is he a "Genomorph".
4 I saw all YJ 9 episodes, when is the next episode realeasing.
5 Are new characters joining YJ core team. I would like to see Wonder Girl, BeastBoy, Zatana and Raven in the team or at least in the show.
1. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
4. Not sure.
5. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT." Except, I've already admitted that a couple more characters will join the Team by the end of the season.
If the Joker should appear in the Young Justice show, will he still sport his Beatles haircut?
Wait and see...
So I watched Gargoyles as a kid, you know on Disney channel at two in the morning, and needless to say at that time I didn't really appreciate it for everything that it is. It seems that in the past few months after I found someone with the full episodes on DVD, that all I've been able to do in my spare time is watch them, I also ordered the comics as soon as I realized they existed! Anyway, I wanted to know if you had any future plans of trying to continue the story? Or if anything is in the works? I am sure this is an entirely redundant question that you are terribly sick of asking. I have seen it asked before but a while back, so I figured I'd give it another go, I compeletely understand if you don't anwser!
I also want to say that I am really starting to get into Young Justice! A few years back when Teen Titans was cancelled I almost fell over from shock, but YJ definatly surpasses TT by far!
Nothing is currently in the works, I'm afraid on Gargoyles, but I haven't given up - and I have plenty of ideas to continue if given the opportunity.
Anyone in the mood for another YJ Update?
101-109 - Aired
110 - Previewed at Comic-Con
111-118 - In the can.
119-121 - In post-production.
122-125 - In animation.
126 - In layout overseas. Final color models going out today.
201-204 - In storyboard.
205 - Recording this tomorrow.
206 - I'm editing the script now.
207 - Waiting for notes on the outline.
208 - Have to write the outline.
209 - Have to read the writer's draft on the outline.
210 - In outline.
As before, we don't have an official pick-up on the back ten episodes of Season Two, but we've been given the go ahead to break the stories:
211-212 - Beat Outlines completed.
213 - We're in the middle of breaking this one on index cards.