A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I realize by the time this is answered, everything might've resolved itself, but do you feel or think that some fans might feel that the opening to season 2 might be a jump the shark kind of move. In the first season these characters that were introduced created these relationships that as of right now are none existent, plus the childhood relationships from the original team. Now it seems like things are trying to follow the comics and the characters from the original season that were supposed to be adults but were made kid are now adults and the members of The Team that were always supposed to be kids will remain that way like Superboy and Miss Martian. I realize I may take a lot of heat for this from other fans but I am sure you like to know all views on your work. Don't get me wrong I am still a fan and will continue to watch and my feelings may change as more info is revealed, but as of right now this seems like it should've been a season 3 not season 2.
We are no more nor less trying to follow the comics now than we did before. We have a story to tell. No one was jettisoned. Relationships develop, but they are hardly 'none existent'.
But the timeskip was planned from Day One. I don't for a second think we've jumped the shark. I do think we've upped the ante and the stakes and done something that few shows get to, which is truly show our characters grow and change.
Is the real Roy Harper's biological age 15, since he's been on ice for 3 years?
Are you a huge Ben 10 fan? I only asked because you've casted James Remar, Dee Bradley Baker and Yuri Lowenthal onto Young Justice.
I wrote a few Ben 10s and I like the show. But I've been working with Dee since W.I.T.C.H. and James since Spectacular Spider-Man (and I liked him in live action even before that). Brandon had worked with Yuri on Legion of Super-Heroes, plus Yuri did some great audition work for us on YJ, but just didn't get cast as any of our leads.
So... no. I didn't even know James and Yuri were on Ben Ten.
I've mistakenly put typos in my name for my last two questions now & I'm terribly sorry for that especially since you put yourself out to answer all of our questions.
Don't worry about it.
Was the Idea to make Owen Puck decided AFTER season one was scripted? We see a lot of wry smiles and references in season 2 but none is season 3. Was this because he wasn't originally going to be Puck, or was it to make the story simpler?
We didn't even know there was a Puck in Season One. But we did know that Owen had a secret. And I had nothing to do with Season Three.
First, amazing job and cant wait for the rest of the season and future ones!
1. It was hinted at the end of the recent episode that Zatanna would love to join if her dad didnt ground her for life! (which it shoes he will) but will she be returning as a main character or just another guest on the show!
2. Awhile back, it was mentioned that we would finally get to see an animated version of Wonder Girl, but due to legal reasons wouldnt appear until further in the season or the 2nd(i hope this season). Any hints/clues as to when or if we will see her? (though i would be happy just to see a WonderGirl but i would guess it will be Donna as you have Robin as Dick.)
3. If the above two are current or appear on the show will that affect the relationships between the current ones? ie Robin & Zatana(though not officially a couple there was plenty of flirting going on) Superboy & Miss Martian (even though he dated Cassie not Donna)
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. WHO "mentioned" this? Not me. When asked, I've said SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.
I'm gonna try and ask this really carefully because I don't want it to be a suggestion more than a question. I'm a bit curious about the relationship between Xanatos and Sevarius.
1. Did Sevarius really need Xanatos or just his money?
2. Did Sevarius just let Xanatos think he had control over the project?
Thanks in advance
1. Money and resources. Though I think Sevarius admired Xanatos to a certain extent.
2. I don't know what you mean. Which project?
First, I wanted to say that I am delighted that you've kept "Ask Greg" going over the years. I sent in a message back in 2002, and was recently delighted to discover that you had responded to it, two years later! You're my hero. Not just for that, but also because "Gargoyles" and "Ask Greg" helped inspire me to write, myself.
Another thing, though.
There's a group on Facebook devoted to urging Disney to release Gargoyles Seasons 2 Vol. 2 on DVD, and recently some of us have been emailing email@example.com to ask them to do this.
And recently, some of us have been getting replies. Mine is as follows:
"Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest and are happy to answer your questions.
There are tentative plans to release the rest of this series in 2012. No further details are available at this time.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Consumer Relations
US and Canada"
Have you heard anything about this?
Only that others have received a similar response. Beyond that, I am ignorant.
1.I saw the Young Justice Invasion poster and its are hard to make out the characters but I think I've got them are these the characters on the poster? Miss Martian, Artemis, Robin, Zatanna, Blue Beetle, Kid Flash.
2.How old is Zatanna?
1. You're right about some, wrong about others. But, really, don't obsess about it too much. It's a piece of promotional art. It's NOT canon. Not even the logo is final.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
NOW, CONGRATULATE ME! I've gotten the queue down to under 300 questions!!! Whew!
Do you know who is the snitch in young justice?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
IF we see batgirl in this series will it be bette or barbara
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Young Justice is my favorite show, and I watch it every week with my dad. I love all of the characters, especially Robin. Thank you for making such a great show. I just have some questions: is there a reason why Wally West lives in Central City rather than Blue Valley, his comic book hometown? For some reason this has been bugging me. Also, does this mean that Wally was president of the Central City Flash Fan Club?
Anyway, my favorite character in the entire show has got to be Captain Marvel. I just laugh hysterically every time he does something. How can the team not notice that he acts like a ten year old boy? It's very, very obvious. Does CM have some sort of natural charisma about him that block people's perceptions?
I can't wait until the teens find out that Captain Marvel is really younger than them!
We just put all the Flash characters in Central City to bring more coherence to the idea.
As for Captain Marvel, what's obvious to you wouldn't likely even occur as a possibility to most. Why would it? You see an adult with those powers and the wisdom of Solomon, and why would it EVER even occur to you that he might actually be a ten-year-old kid? Because he's sincere and friendly? Because he's solicitous and occasionally naive? Those aren't qualities limited to kids.
i was wondering where zatanna lives and if she will join the team. i love the relationship between robin and zatanna. how many new charecters will be added?i hope you will not add any new charecters from teen titans. i praise your work and absolutly adore this show.
Zatanna lives in New York with her father. Whether or not she joins the Team is a SPOILER REQUEST.
Many new characters are added all the time.
Besides the Pilot Episodes (Independence Day and Fireworks), the Episodes/Missions he wasn't a part of (Downtime, Targets, and Terrors), and the Loss at the Cave (Homefront), Kid Flash's souvenir collection seems to have something from every episode except Bereft, which is where Superboy started his pet collecting.
1) Did Wally get a souvenir and we just haven't seen it?
2a) If he did, what is it, please?
2b) If he didn't, why didn't he get one?
3) Did Wally get the arrow back for his collection after Homefront or was it destroyed?
4) If it was destroyed, did Artemis replace it with an identical one or is the spot permanently empty?
1, 2a, 2b.) Rewatch the episode. I think it's quite clear on these points.
3. What was left of it, yeah.
4. See answer to 3.
Why did you choose Taipei for the episode "Targets"?
I enjoyed every Young Justice episode.
Can you tell me if Superboy will be in season 2 ?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hi. I just have a couple of questions about Young Justice which is an amzaing show. My questions are about Robin,Kid Flash,Aqualad,Artemis,Miss Martian and Superboy
1. How tall is each member of the team?
2. When is each team members birthday?(day/month)
1. I don't know. All I care about is there relative height to each other.
2. SPOILER REQUESTS. NO COMMENT.
As of writing this, it is the 17th anniversary of Gargoyles. Made a comment in the room but wanted to share here:
"Sorry about the double, I saw vinnie took two spots and decided THIS was a countdown I wanted to be a part of. My countdown number is especially fitting, as I was 10 when Gargoyles premiered.
17 years. My God. I remember seeing the preview commercial once or twice. Running home after school, literally running, so I could catch the premier and every episode thereafter. Enough to make me feel a little choked-up. Nearly getting a lump in the back of my throat.
Phoenician> I do believe I will join you in watching one episode of awakening everyday [this week]. It must be providence. I just received my season one back from a friend, to whom I lent my seasons so she could show her son.
She said that at first, he was watching the episodes alone. After a while, she remembered why she liked the show so much and they now watch them together. They are now somewhere in season 2.
It's nearly 1 AM. I believe I will put in the DVD, raise a toast, and enjoy the beginning chapter of a phenomenal series.
In the already spoken words of Vinnie, "And away we go on with the show."
Lurker - [!)]"
Greg, the show is something that has always stuck with me, as it has many others. In case you didnt know ;) I just wanted to thank you for continuing to work on the show, in the sense that you have never given up on it. Thank you for allowing fans to interact with you and ask you various things. Thank you for the contributions to my childhood and all the wonderful memories.
You're very welcome. And thanks to all the Gargoyles fans who have kept the faith and stuck with me and the show for all these years.
Hey Greg, dude Young Justices is so unbelievably rad bro. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying the show and getting to know all of the characters of the D.C. Universe. I have been a complete Marvel fan for a long time and your show has totally made me "See the Light"... pun intended... I have a question about one of the characters that is become one of my top favorites, Zatanna. I really dig that her spells are verbal commands spoken backwards. Its nerdy I know, but for some reason I really enjoy reading them backwards and getting a better sense of what the spell is and what it is supposed to do. This is a lot easier in comic form. Not so much in t.v. form. My question is what are the actual verbal spells that Zatanna cast on Young Justice.
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Can we please have summaries or a synopsis for some of the upcoming episodes for Young Justice?
Does Green Arrow care about Artemis or just keeps her around for the good of the team?
You'll get 'em as Cartoon Network releases 'em. I don't control that. And if you're asking me to SPOIL... I think you know my answer.
Yes, he cares about her.
Hi greg. loved this weeks episode, I had a feeling red wasn't evil. I liked the introduction of zatanna too, though i'd don't know how i like her and robin as a couple. also, I absolutley LOVE captian marvel, he's so goofy but at the same time i can see him as part of the team. geting into my questions...
1. how angry did the mentors when they found out about the teams "kidnapping" of zatanna and them traking down red? will it affect the leagues trust towards them in anyway?
2. did kid flash's arm heal through out the episode or does he have a strong pain tolerance? i ask since he moved it quite abit despite the injury, unless it was never hurt and he was just overreacting?
3.can black canary or any of the "den mothers" track the bio-ship with the computer thing? if so, then why didn't she check to see where they were when they didn't return?
4. was there ever a mole on the team, or was sportsmaster talking about red?
non-"humanity" related questions
1. where did the injustice league get sent to? belle-reve, arkham?
2.in alpha male, why wasn't miss martian angry like the others were about kaldur kepping the mole secret?
3.because red arrow was fighting alongside green and canary, has he mended his relation ship with them somewhat?
deviating from the questions, what i really liked about "revelation" was how the mentors and non-main character supers got some attention.
4. will there be more episodes like that, that show the justice league fighting villans?
5. off topic, will we get to see mentor,student(ex. batman and robin) interaction in their civilian identities like in downtime?
6. will robin's uncle be seen in the show?( the one from volume six)
7. why wont batman let robin tell the team his identity?
8. when the show first came out, a report online said the 22 episode was going to be about how robin became a hero, is this true or was it a speculation?
9. does the league know captain marvel's real identity?
thank you so much for the series, the last three episodes have been awsome and well worth the wait. have to say though, why is the superboyXmissmartian pairing stressed so much in the show? not that i dislike the two, i actually reallly like superboy( he grew on me in terrors)and the pairing itself isn't to bad, but it feels to focused on. like in alpha-male, i didn't like how there was that subplot where she was angry at him for being overprotective. it felt kinda intrusive, since this was about aqualad becoming a stronger leader and the team moving past their anger towards him. if the issue of conner's overprotection had it's own episode or was a reacurring subplot, i wouldnt mind it as much. also, for the record, i don't dislike megan, i just like artemis more.
homefront was probably my favorite, since it focused on artemis and robin, my two favorites? seeing them grow as teammates was nice as was them becoming classmates and her not knowing it. what i really like is how this episode proves that artemis ISN'T the mole.
thank you so much for this wonderful series.
1. I'm sure feelings were mixed. It's hard to argue with results... particularly when those results literally saved the human race.
2. It was in a cast.
3. No. Not easily.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1. Ultra-Humanite, Black Adam, Atomic Skull and Poison Ivy were sent to Belle Reve. Joker was sent to Arkham.
2. She had other concerns and/or SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. Here and there.
5. Yes, but more in the comic book.
6. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
7. Do the math. If Robin's identity becomes known then it becomes difficult to not deduce Batman's I.D.
8. It was a misinterpretation of something I said.
9. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Superboy and Miss Martian is one of many threads we run through episodes. Sometimes the threads are stronger, sometimes not. Obviously, here at the beginning of their relationship there's more ground to cover. And as you pointed out, "Homefront" had very little of the relationship, yet it was still there.
1. Is Artemis' hair naturally blonde or does she dye it? (Just curious.)
Thank you for your time! :)
1. It's blonde.
Let me start by saying that I know nothing about Red Tornado. I know nothing about Red Torpedo. I know nothing about Red Inferno. I know nothing about Red Volcano. I know nothing about T.O. Morrow. As ignorant as I am of the DC mythos, I am even more ignorant in the mythology of Red Tornado. Up until now, he was that robot that got blown up in an episode of "Justice League Unlimited."
This was an awesome episode. It was a crash course in all of this without ever feeling like an info-dump. From a writing stand point, it felt less like exposition and more like an organic part of the story. That sort of thing is hard to do, but it really worked. Two episodes built up to this, and the pay off was stunning. It takes great writing to make me care about a glorified toaster oven, but this episode did it.
I also liked Zatanna. I liked her a lot. I'm assuming that was Lacey Chabert doing her voice. The cast list attached to the end of the episode was obviously for an episode set down the line, so I don't know. But if it was, it was nice to hear her again. Both her and Vanessa Marshall as Black Canary. I'm hoping we hear more "Spectacular Spider-Man" alumni later on.
Zatanna was a lot of fun, and I liked her chemistry with Robin. I was actually a little disappointed when the episode ended with her seemingly not joining the team. I would like to see more of her and I think she fits right in. I can think of one character I wouldn't mind swapping out in exchange, but that's neither here not there.
I thought Red Volcano made a pretty menacing villain. That scene where he was tearing T.O. Morrow apart was pretty brutal, although I had guessed that Morrow was a robot based on how young he appeared as opposed to how long ago those flashbacks took place. I got an Ultron-vibe from Volcano, and if he is anything like Ultron... or the Coyote robots, I doubt he's gone for good.
I thought the flashbacks to the Justice Society were fun, and added a lot of history to make this world feel more real. I also couldn't help but be reminded of Watchmen" while watching that. And was that the Alan Scott Green Lantern? Cool.
If there is one nit I had about this episode, I don't think Wally's plan to talk to Ivo in the hopes of finding Morrow was a dumb idea at all. In fact, the idea made so much sense, logically, I'm rather surprised Batman didn't think of it. Someone tell Wally to think of dumb ideas to solve more problems, we'll have world peace and an end to hunger and crime in no time.
The script for this episode was personally penned by Greg Weisman. Now, a few years ago, he was writing a "Red Tornado" mini-series for DC, which got shelved. I wonder how much of that found its way into this episode. Because if the two were anything alike, that makes the comic's cancellation even more of a shame.
Overall, I'm not sure which episode of the season is my favorite so far. But it's a tie between "Humanity" and "Targets." Great episode. Like I said last week, the extra credit is being turned in.
Hi again. Sorry for wasting your time questioning whether Uncle Dudley's full name is Dudley H. Dudley because it's already in the "Alpha Male" credits in your Greg Rambles post.
I have some other questions if you wouldn't mind, but understand if you can't answer them if you consider them spoiler requests.
1. How long has Aquaman known Queen Mera for & how long have they been married?
2. How long has Queen Mera been a teacher at the Conservatory of Sorcery for?
3. How old is Wolf & Mr. Tawny?
4. If Captain Marvel is technically just a kid then how could be accepted & relied upon by the League. He did say that Batman was tough on him, but that's about it.
Thanks once again.
1. I haven't worked that out specifically.
3. I'd have to research how long wolves and tigers live and at what rate they age. I haven't yet. They're both physical adults. Neither are "old".
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1.Does Martian Manhunter know Miss Martian and Superboy are dating?
2.Does Superman know Miss Martian and Superboy are dating?
1. If he doesn't, he will soon.
2. If he doesn't, he will soon.
1: Why does Miss Martians eyes glow White, Red, or Green when she uses her powers?
2: Does Aqualad attend some kind of school? Or does he not go to one?
3: What was Zatanna saying when she was doing her spells?
4: Will we see Rocket agian?
5: Great Show!
1. They don't usually glow red, as far as I know. (I can think of one exception, but I don't even think it's aired yet.) And they don't really ever glow white, though I can understand that sometimes the glow is so bright and the green is so light that it can come across as white. Usually, they glow green.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4. By now, you already have.
It says in the comics that Ivo and Sportsmaster are 'friends'. So why doesn't he recognize Artemis when the Team is at Belle Reve?
Actually, in the comics it says that Ivo and Artemis' father are 'friends'. It doesn't mention Sportsmaster.
But in answer to your question, there are three options...
A. Who says he didn't recognize her?
B. He may not have ever met Artemis.
C. It may have been so long that he didn't recognize her.
ItÂ´s me again XD
Question. At the end of apisode 11 'Terrors' when MM and Sboy kissed,
1. How could Icicle Jr. recognized them? I mean, I know he knows Speedy (even though he is not in the team) but how did he recognized Miss Martian and Superboy?
2. Does Jr. know about the team?
And if so, 3. Does he know who are the members of it?
Hope thise are not spoilers Greg^^
Thanks for your time :)
1. He didn't recognize them specifically. He just (finally) put two and two together.
2. He might.
1. Will Zatanna join the Justice League?
2. Where do Mal Duncan, Karen Beecher, Wendy Harris, Marvin White, Bette Kane, and Barbara Gordon fit in in the TV series?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. I honestly don't understand the question. Mal, Karen, Wendy and Marvin go to Happy Harbor High. Bette and Barbara go to Gotham Academy. But you knew that, right?
I have a few questions:
1. Does capitalising "Season One" mean you consider this an official title or is it just your own personalisation?
2. Who presicely lives in Central City?
3. Did at any time Joe Chill live in Gotham City?
4. Is Uncle Dudley's full name Dudley H. Dudley?
Thank you for your time and keep up the good work!
1. I do it for clarity and emphasis.
2. Millions of people. The one's we've met are Wally, Mary and Rudy West, Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen and Jay and Joan Garrick.
3. Well, yeah.
Echoing the previous question on how much I liked issue 9 and ep. 15! My question is this: was Robin's little thing for Zatanna another case of "teen crush at first sight" or did he know something about her beforehand? Because he didn't exactly waste any time... I thought it was cute, though. "Batman: The Animated Series" had an episode that showed Zatara teaching Batman escape artistry, so I wondered if maybe Batman or Zatara had talked to him about her before. I have no idea if that's comics canon or just something the showrunners thought would be cool, though.
I'm also amused by the fact that Conner and M'gann took 11 episodes to get together, Kaldur was let down, and Wally and Artemis are... I don't even know, but Robin sees girl, Robin talks to girl, and by the end of the episode it seemed like Zatanna was at least open to the possibility! In general, it just seems like he has better luck with girls than Wally and Kaldur.
Anyway, I'm loving the show and will be very said if Zatara really does ground Zatanna forever, or Red Tornado never appears again.
They hadn't met before, if that's what you're asking. I'm sure he knew that she EXISTED, but I think he was just crushing on her.
Long time reader, first time asker. It's been a great week. I don't know which had me more thrilled, issue 9 or Humanity.
1) Probably asked before by now, but I couldn't find it in unanswered: Can you "translate" Zatanna's spells? I only got the second one, which appears to be "Time to try out a new look". Does Zatara speak backwards too?
2) I noticed the gender swap on Red Inferno and Red Torpedo in Homefront, though I gave it no second thought. However, now with the reveal of the "human" identities in Humanity, was the swap deliberate so you could use the golden age hero James Lockhart/Red Torpedo?
3) In issue #9, you used the name "Nathaniel Adams" as opposed to "Nathaniel Adam". I noticed you used the name before in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode "Powerless!"; the "Adams" version was, IIRC, introduced in Justice League Unlimited. Did DC ask you to use this name, or do you prefer it over "Adam"?
1. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED, but yes. Except, I'm not the one who did the gender swap. When I wrote the original Red Tornado mini-series, Inferno was female and Torpedo was male because Torpedo has ALWAYS been male. Of course, they didn't publish my version. So whomever wrote the version they DID publish is the one who did the gender swap. I just went back to the original.
3. I actually do prefer "Adams" over "Adam". I'm sure in this great big world, there's someone out there with the last name "Adam," but even back in the 80s when I first started writing Captain Atom with Cary Bates, I always thought that the last name "Adam" felt artificial. "Adams" always felt more natural to me.
After watching "Humanity" I have two questions.
1) What was/is your vision for Zatanna's personality? She seemed shy at first, but as the episode progressed she became more playful and outgoing. Is the demure schoolgirl routine an act for dad? Or does she still lack some self-confidence?
2) You have said that at least some members of the Justice League know Captain Marvel's true identity. That being the case, why is he with the Justice League as opposed to the kids?
1. I really shouldn't answer this, because I should let the episodes stand on their own, but I guess I'm in the mood. The 'demure schoolgirl routine' is, to some extent, an act for her dad. I don't really think she lacks self-confidence, though I think she's fairly objective about her own magical abilities at this stage, and doesn't want them overstated. I also think she was less shy when she was first introduced than she was... bored.
2. Have I said that? Really? Well, in any case, SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hey Greg! First of all, I love Young Justice! I have their DVDs and their poster. Plus I have every episode on my tape and I watch it over, and over, and over, and over till the next Friday. Just have a few questions if that's okay.
P.S:I understand if these are spoilers.
1. Why doesn't Kaldur go to school?
2. Exactly how old is Zatanna?
3. What is the relationship between Robin and Barbra? (But I understand if it's a spoiler, just wondering how she'd act if he liked Zatanna)
4. So in Homefront, Artemis' sister left because of their dad what exactly did he do, I mean, come on, it's already noted that Cheshire is her sister and that he trained her and Artemis to be assasins, but why did she leave if she's already one in the future?
1. He completed his standard schooling, and dropped out of the Conservatory of Sorcery to become Aquaman's protege.
2. <sigh> 14.
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4. The short answer is that he was emotionally and verbally abusive.
I've been wanting to know for a while--how did the collaboration with Geoff Johns regarding Aqualad come? Who "pulled more weight" regarding his creation (his backstory, wardrobe, etc.)?
In the theme song, there are several holograms showing the Team in action. They've been seen in promos in stuff, too. Are we going to see those particular clips in any episodes?
Do your kids get special screenings the day before, or whenever an episode's completed?
What are your top 5 moments from the series so far?
1. Our Aqualad, i.e. Kaldur'ahm, was completely created and designed BEFORE Geoff started in his new (now not-so-new) position at DC. So our version of his backstory and wardrobe, etc., all pre-existed Geoff's involvement. The version that he went on to put into DC's main universe, i.e. Jackson Hyde, was completely HIS adaptation of Kaldur (with help from an artist whose name I'm unfortunately blanking on at this moment). And we had NO involvement with that version at all, beyond providing Kaldur as inspiration and providing EXPLANATION of how his Water-Bearers work. The only element we really collaborated on was the identity of both versions' father.
2. I don't think so. I think most were from footage created either for promotional purposes or specifically for our main title. Of course, there's clips from every individual episode in that episode's main title.
3. LOL. Originally, I would show them the episodes on a DVD the day it aired. But more recently, we went through and finished out the first season - mostly because my daughter is going off to college in the fall, and I wanted her to have a chance to see it all. Given CN's hiatus-prone way of airing us, it seemed prudent. ;)
4. My mind just doesn't work that way.
Great questions, btw.
How come wonder woman wasn't in episode 14 but the rest of the league was?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Hi Greg, I love Young Justice! Humanity was a good episode, still not better than Revelation though. Anyway, I have to say that I really loved that Zatanna was a teen and I have a couple of questions about it:
1- Did you or whoever the idea was decided to make her a teen so there could be a hint of something that might happen between her and a member of the Team, Robin the obvious case?
2-How old is Zatanna? And what's the probability that she appears again? High, poor, none?
3-Same about Barbara Gordon. Probability that she re-appears? High, poor, none?
4-I know Robin doesn't have a love interest in Season 1, what about season 2?
5-In episode failsafe, there will be an alien invation. Can you tell me from what planet or galaxy?
About the voice talents of the show.
6-How much is true about Kari Wahlgren voicing Hawkgirl in the future? If she will I can't wait to hear it!
7-Who would you or Jamie Thomason (casting and Voice Director) consider to voice Hal Jordan and Wonder Woman?
8-About Wonder Woman. Why didn't she appear in 'Revelaton'?
9-By any chance, since Khary Payton voices Aqualad and Tara Strong did Dr. Roquette in 'Infiltrator', would Greg Cipes, Hynden Walch and Scott Menville voice some character in the serie too? I don't lose anything asking that.
10-According to designation numbers Wonder Woman would be 03, Wally is B03 and Zatanna is A03. What does the 'B' and the 'A' mean? I'm more curious about Zatanna's case.
I think that's all. Thanks for your time. I hope you don't have problems with this questions.
1. That wasn't the reason, just a side benefit. The main reason was that we had a generational father-daughter dynamic that was built into the DC Universe that we wanted to exploit and explore. Most of our adult/teen relationships aren't strictly parental. This one was.
2. Once again, she's FOURTEEN!! And by now, hopefully, you saw that she did appear again.
3. Again, by now you've seen that she's reappeared.
4. You KNOW he doesn't? That's impressive. In any case, SPOILER REQUEST - NO COMMENT.
5. By now, you've seen it. But seriously, think about this question. Given the length of the queue here, was there any point in asking it? I mean the episode was airing ONE WEEK after Humanity. Was there EVER a chance that I'd get to this question before you saw for yourself? And if I had - if by some miracle, I managed to answer your question during that one week period, my answer would have been "SPOILER REQUEST - NO COMMENT". So why clutter the queue?
TIME OUT - I've lurked occasionally on a few sites, and I see I get the occasional criticism for being rude here at ASK GREG. I also get just as many if not more defenders, who sympathize with my plight. But I want to make it clear that I don't want to be rude. That "rude" is NOT the tone I'm going for. Occasionally, I drop what we refer to here as a "Smart-Ass Response". And there's no doubt that I occasionally find myself exasperated by the questions when I've REPEATEDLY requested that (a) that posters check the archives before posting, (b) that they check the queue for the questions posted ahead of them before posting and (c) that they not ask for spoilers. And despite these fairly simple requests, I get constant appeals for Spoilers and constantly repeated questions. I mean, how many times has someone asked Zatanna's age? It's certainly easy enough to type "14" but it's frustrating. And I do get frustrated. But the tone I'm going for is exasperated, not rude. Of course, the internet is notorious for not quite making one's intended tone clear. So to anyone who feels I've been rude, I apologize. Okay, TIME IN.
6. There's no Hawkgirl on Earth-16. If you're talking about Hawkwoman - SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
7. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
8. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
9. YOU don't lose anything, but I lose time that could be spent answering other questions, see? SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
10. B is the designation for the Team. As for A - ASKED AND ANSWERED. (I'm pretty sure B is ASKED AND ANSWERED TOO, BUT MAYBE NOT.)
I thought your first question was great. The other nine... not so much. Please follow the simple guidelines in the future.
Reading the comic book series, I saw that in one issue, Miss Martian talks about how there are three different "races" of Martians; Green, Red and White. I know that the white martians are treated badly, but why not the Red Martians? Or is this a spoiler, its fine if it is but I was just curious.
The Red Martians are a higher caste than the Green. They're considered royalty.
Hi - 'Humanity' was fantastic! Can't wait for the next episode! :)
Perhaps I extrapolated the information wrong, but judging by 'Humanity' I don't think Red Tornado was the mole - intentionally or otherwise. Is Red Tornado the mole? I apologize if this is a spoiler request - if so, feel free to ignore me.
Thank you for your time.
SPOILER REQUEST - NO COMMENT.
Are the Zataras homo magi or humans that can use magic?
Earth-16 has never heard of homo magi, which doesn't mean they don't exist. (Nor does it mean that they do exist.)
I can't tell if you were serious or not in your answer to my last question, so I'll ask again. Will Young Justice be released on Blu-ray Disc?
Blu-ray Disc is is the high definition version of DVD. Most all movies on released on Blu-ray in addition to DVD, and some TV shows are as well. A few seasons of the Justice League animated series have been released on Blu-ray, and they look and sound even better in HD. I'm hoping that Young Justice will get the same treatment.
I just don't know. I don't have a Blu-ray player, myself, so (a) I guess I haven't focused on it much and (b) they never tell me this stuff anyway.
Only two episodes of your run on WITCH, namely the first and last, have your writing credit (if my research is correct). Was there anything about WITCH's production that prevented you from contributing more scripts personally or was it a creative choice?
Honestly, I don't remember. Did I really only write two myself?
Fifteen episodes in, and I am anticipating the series even more than I anticipated the previous JLU shows. I really love the tight continuity interwoven in the series, and am seriously tempted to look into your previous animated works. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I have never followed Gargoyles!
Anyway, my questions focus on foreign-sounding words used in "Revelations".
1. Like Zatanna, Zatara's spells are english words pronounced backwards. I believe he had four spells in the episode. I've managed to decipher two (I think, but corrections are appreciated!) but am curious to know what the others are:
a. Locating Injustice League HQ - Etacol retnecipe fo yrecros
b. Making the vines combust - Erif [something] larutannu erutan
c. Putting a force field around a plant - Reirrab [something]
d. Blasting Woten - Ekat Natow nwod
2. Wotan's spells, I'm told, are in latin. One of them (blasting Dr. Fate) was "Fulminous Venite". Would you be at liberty to reveal what he said the other two times (energizing Ivy's 'baby,' and breaking Fate's chains?
All ASKED AND ANSWERED.
I grew up watching gargoyles and now I absolutely LOVE young justice. I could praise your work for hours but I figure you have better things to do with your time then read about how awesome you are (I am sure you already know.) Thank you for taking time to answer our questions, you are the best!
1) the show seems very focused on trust it seems like the team was even formed based off of the idea that there mentors did not "trust" them. During "alpha male" they talk about trust within the team. Which raises the question, why do they not care that robin does not trust them with his secret ID? Yes I know, that they know batman won't let him but the first two episodes and the most recent one (Humanity) seem to show that they tend to not always take the league members orders seriously, especially if they don't like them. so why do they respect this specific order?
I understand that this could be a spoiler please don't think I am fishing I know that I am treading in spoiler waters here but I am in no way trying to spoil something I know you guys work so hard on! I know I said I would not waste your time with my love of the show, but I have seen so much negative about Artemis and Aqualad that I wanted to let you know that I absolutely love both of them, they are my favorite characters even though I love them all!! =D
thank you for your time!!
1. Aqualad is extremely respectful of authority. And I think Kid Flash likes being the only one who knows. Artemis has her own secrets, so wouldn't be one to push Robin, and Superboy only recently took a human identity himself, so I don't think he spends too much time thinking about Robin's real name. That just leaves Miss Martian... but I just don't see her taking this as a slight.
Batman: The Brave and the Bold feedback and one question on Powerless:
Greg, Powerless was a great and funny episode, especially Aquaman's hero song and jokes. I really don't get why do people hated this version of Captain Atom though. Best line from Captain Atom was "Boom! You're dead!" Major Force was a superb villian and it's great to see the Justice League International again. I also liked the part where Aquaman was cooking.
What was your reaction when you saw Aquaman wearing Black Canary's outfit?
Actually, I haven't seen the episode yet. So don't spoil it for me!
How old is Klarion the Witch Boy in young justice?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
I loved the Robin/Zatanna courtship in "Humanity!" He indicated interest and tried not to be too forward until she showed that she liked it. Much better than Wally's relentless hitting on M'gann or even Conner's cluelessness (and they'll grow out of it).
It was fun to write!
Hi, just wanted you to know that:
I appreciate how the episodes both stand alone and were written so that plot points are intricately woven together.
I appreciate how the episodes focus on various characters in shifts so we can explore different aspects of their personalities.
I am excited by character development, the strength of each script, and the animation is very well done.
I love the fact that I look forward to learning or seeing both the villains and the heroes.
I am astounded by the amount of work that you and your team puts in Young Justice. Thanks for making such a great show. It has been a long time since I've seen a show that has me anticipating and looking forward to each and every new episode. I loved Gargoyles as a kid, enjoyed Spiderman, W.I.T.C.H. and various other projects you've worked on.
1)How closely do you work with the various directors of the episodes?
2)Since you've put so much into the show, do you still make a lot of the calls regarding the visual elements of the show?
3)When scripting the episodes, is the overall ending for the season known for you guys?
I know that you look over scripts and that you and Brandon created the show, but I suppose I'm just curious about how much influence you have in other aspects of the show, such as the animation.
Thanks for your time!
1. Very. Brandon and I attend all board handouts, and give notes on storyboards and work with the directors on the designs, etc.
2. Yes. Both Brandon and I are involved with and approve literally every design - from major characters like Superboy to tiny props like soda cans.
4. Brandon and I both look over the scripts. I edit them, but both of us are involved in every aspect of production from start to finish.
In 'Humanity', which was an amazing episode by the way, I noticed Wally didn't hit on Zatanna even once. Is this because he saw Robin liked her, wasn't attracted to her, or finally realized that he likes Artemis?
There may have been an element of backing off for Robin's sake, but mostly I think Wally figured she was too young for him to hit on.
hey greg. I loved today's episode. Infact watching YJ has made me grew to love DCU and I'm buying like 20+ books from DCnU right now. Anyways, will Zatanna be a series regular? I really hope so.
Tune in and see...
hello! i just finished watching the last episode of YJ titled 'Humanity' and it was great, btw :) but i was wondering when some more episode summaries where going to be released? if at all? thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "episode summaries".
How old is Zatanna? I thought she was around Dick's age, but I'm not too sure.
Guys, PLEASE, check the unanswered questions ahead of you in the queue BEFORE posting. You're just bogging down ASK GREG, which causes me to take longer to get to NEW questions!
Hey Mr. Weisman. Loving the show! Just one question- how old is Zatanna? Really liked the episode Humanity and I hope she shows up again!
ASKED AND ANSWERED at least twice.
I noticed that Zatanna's designation to enter the cave is A03.
1) Is the letter "A" a designation given to visitors to the cave?
2) Who were A01 and A02? Red Torpedo and Red Inferno?
1. Authorized Guests.
You've actually met A01. A02 will appear in Season Two, though in a way you've already met A02 also. (Wow, look! I gave a Spoiler hint! That's so unlike me. Well... don't get used to it!)
"Humanity" was amazing! Loved Zatanna's depiction!
1. Is Zatanna's hair black or a dark brown?
2. In comics, I've seen Zatanna with both brown eyes and blue eyes. Was there a specific reason behind choosing blue eyes for the Young Justice universe?
1. Black, basically.
2. I don't know. It's a question for Brandon Vietti and James Peters (our color stylist), who make the decisions on eye color. I'll admit, I've only started paying attention to eye color since all these questions about it started appearing here at ASK GREG. I just never focused on it before.
From the episode 'Revelation':
"Robin, she's made contact." - Miss Martian.
"Artemis?" - Robin.
"No." - ?
This may be an extraordinarily stupid question but who said "No."?
First off, let me say how much I've been enjoying "Young Justice". "Revelation" is probably my favourite episode yet (though I usually say the same thing about pretty much every episode when it comes out).
Anyway, you've often said that while working on "The Spectacular Spider-Man" you used the original Lee/Ditko/Romita run as your "primary source" while still borrowing ideas and concepts from other corners of the Spideyverse like the Ultimate series.
I was just wondering, where there any DC comics series or runs that served a similiar role for "Young Justice"? I know YJ draws from all over the DC Universe but what particular series or creative teams do you think had the most influence on how you approached the series?
It's a much wider palette then Spidey was, but I'd say the first two or three years or so of Young Justice and the first two or three years of the original Teen Titans run was the stuff that I focused on research-wise.
But I also drew from all sorts of other sources, since we were tackling the depth and breadth of the DC Universe. So we looked at Justice Leagues of various eras, and Titans of various eras... plus other influences (including old Hanna Barbera stuff) that are just part of all of our geeky backgrounds.
Why did ya'll choose artemis to be part of the team?
If that's not manifest from the episodes themselves (both those that have aired and those yet to come), then we've failed and no answer I could give would add any further clarity. I mean either it's already on the screen or it's a SPOILER. Either way, I'll let the work explain itself.
First off, I'm a fan of Gargoyles, and now a fan of Young Justice.
Now the questions:
1. How do Green Arrow, Red Arrow, and Artemis keep their quivers from spilling? When they fight, they have to move around a lot, usually in acrobatic forms to keep themselves from being hit by whatever is attacking them, but in doing so, they would cause the arrows in their quivers to spill out. Do they have some sort of adhesive or lock to prevent spillage or is it something else that I am missing?
Hey Greg! I think you are doing an amazing job with YJ! You and the entire TEAM!
I just finished revelations, And I LOVED that Wotan Used "Fulminos Venite" (SP?) against Dr. Fate! I greatly enjoyed the Gargoyles Reference :-P
I noticed, as well, that Blue devil was in this episode, and I always enjoyed his character. I was wondering if in this iteration he is the man in the bio-mechanical suit, or the post-Neron deal resurrected actual Demon?
Also I love Superboy's pets. The Sphere and Wolf. Were either of these characters inspired by actual DC figures? Or are the show-specific originals?
And I have to applaud the AMAZING Brent Spiner as The Joker! I really enjoy this take as, what seems to me, a more broody, pathological insanity versus a wacky nuttiness from previous incarnations. And Mr. Spiner is always a great talent to add to ANY project!
Thanks and please keep up such great work and amazing shows!
Re: BLUE DEVIL - NO COMMENT.
Re: WOLF - ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Re: SPHERE - NO COMMENT.
Re: BRENT - AGREED.
Hi Mr. Weisman!
I'd just like to extend my sincere thanks that you've taken so much time out of you busy schedule (I can only imagine what your day's like) to try and answer some questions from devoted fans. It means a lot to us.
Personally, I adore this show. For one that's only just started and only has a few episodes out, it's taken the cartoon-watching community by storm. Trust me, YJ has gotten popular at an ungodly speed. But that's a good thing.
I don't want to ask too many questions. I'd rather just watch and see the answers unfold in the show and the comics. But I just have one (and don't worry, I scoured the archives, so I hope this hasn't been asked) question:
A while back, there were rumors of an episode 11 titled "Nightwatch" about Robin and Batgirl in Gotham. You don't have to say whether Batgirl's ever going to cameo (I know, I know, "NO COMMENT") but could you tell me what happened to the episode? Has it been scrapped, or has it been reassigned to a different season.
I checked all the episode names for this season and I couldn't find it, so I assumed that you had trashed "Nightwatch". Or maybe it wasn't ever really an episode in the first place?
We didn't trash anything. There was never an episode of Young Justice called "Nightwatch". My guess is your rumor was just that. A rumor. And since it was completely false, it was really more of a LIE that someone posted and other folks passed around.
This isn't so much a question as it is utmost praise and appreciation. I love your work on Young Justice everything is beautifully done. My favorite character is Kid Flash and I'm so happy with the way that you portray him on your show.
I'm happy to say that I enjoy all of the characters, and even their little quirks, such as Robin play with the English language, and M'gann's "Hello Meagan!". Personally I don't see why it bothers everyone so much.
So I would just like to say thank you for making such a wonderful show.
You're welcome. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Just to start off I am absolutly in love with Young Justice. Amazing work. You've said in a couple of your answers that Red Arrow has more money than Green Arrow and I was wondering how that happened. I always thought their relationship was like Robin & Batman's. Sorry if this is common DC knowledge, YJ is pretty much my first expierience with superheros.
When Oliver Queen had money, he set up a trust for Roy Harper, who also had a small inheritance of his own. Then Ollie lost all his money. But that didn't effect Roy's trust, which he came into possession of when he turned eighteen.
Have you seen the trailer for Ultimate Spider-Man? I'm asking because it looks horrible. I mean seriously, a Spider-toaster?!? I miss Spectacular Spider-Man. You know better than to give us Spider-toasters.
I haven't seen it. So I don't know what you're talking about.
But I'm not opposed to Spider-Toasters on principle.
I miss Spectacular Spider-Man too, but I wouldn't count Ultimate out. There are some great people working on it.
Hey, just a few questions about YJ's Vandal Savage:
1) How did you guys decide on Vandal Savage being the leader of The Light? I almost expected Lex Luthor to be the leader until I saw Targets.
2) How did you guys decide on Miguel Ferrer's voice being used for Vandal Savage? He is a great voice actor, he's obviously doing his job here well, and I've seen a couple of his roles (Shan Yu, Silvermane) and thought they were impressive, but I couldn't have seen him voicing Vandal Savage until after I saw Revelations.
3) Nice scars on Vandal Savage's face. Is that a deliberate reference to the Hunters from Gargoyles? Or is there something else behind them that would compel you to give me the dreaded "NO COMMENT"?
1. Vandal is first among equals. The Light was his idea. And he's the oldest.
2. I think Jamie, Brandon and I all just thought that Miguel is tough to beat for this kind of thing. I vaguely feel like I was the one who suggested him for the role in the first place, but that may just be me taking credit for a great idea.
3. Phil Bourassa came up with the scars in his orignial design for the character, declaring they were the result of a fight with a cave bear. They have nothing to do with GARGOYLES.
Not a question but i wanna say how awesome you are!! I think your a genius and you kinda made me the person i am today;) I love almost all of the shows you've worked on and Young Justice is my favorite. I have truly never seen a show like this. The way the characters act is amazing and you really showed the image of teenagers in an excellent way and the action is also amazing. Please keep up the amazing work(everyone working on the show)On Young Justice. And thank you for bringing us these amazing shows
You're very welcome. Thank you for the kind words.
I know that in the comics, former Female Fury Knockout used to mess with Superboy and call him 'pup'. Any chance of seeing her (and scandal hopefully)? I understand that Roy is super young now but will Lian ever make an appearance?
Hi would like to know how old this drawing of Wonder Woman? you said it was 90 in a 90 question was really true?
I'm sorry. I'm not really sure I'm understanding your question. Wonder Woman is 85 years old in our series. Did I write 90? If so that was either an error or I've revised things since I posted that. If not, I'm just not clear on what you're asking...
1. Who knows barry secret id?
2. Who knows hal secret id?
3. Who knows Clark kent secret id?
4. Have any of the main 7 leagures worked together before joining the league?
5. Are the gotham cops corrupt?
6. Were superman, batman, and the other super heroes when they first appeared on the scene considered outlaws?
7. After the 50's did jay garrick ever fought any supervillians?
8. How old is the atomic skull and what's his oroigin story?
9. Besides the league who knows about the team?
10. Are hal and barry friends?
11. What are the leagures religions?
I haven't given most of this any thought. These answers are off the top of my head, and I won't be held to them, if I change my mind.
1. Iris, Jay, Joan, Wally, Rudy, Mary, most of the League.
2. Barry, Bruce, Clark, Diana, J'onn, Orin, Ollie, Diana. John. Maybe Thom.
3. Bruce, Diana, J'onn, Barry, Hal, Orin.
4. Superman and Batman, once. Flash and Green Lantern once.
5. All of them? No.
6. Some were, some were not.
8. I'm not getting into his origin at this time, but he's 28 years old.
9. Alfred, Mera, Orm, Rudy, Mary, Iris, Dubbilex, Guardian, Paula, plus the Light and various affiliates thereof.
11. I'd have to do some research and heavy thinking on this question. Mostly, I just don't know. But most are Christians by heritage if not in practice. The obvious exceptions are Aquaman & Wonder Woman, who are pagans and Martian Manhunter, who worships the gods of M'arzz. Red Tornado is studying multiple religions. I also know from writing the comic book that Captain Atom was raised Catholic, even if he doesn't practice it much. Zatara's probably Catholic too. Hawkman & Hawkwoman worship whatever religion people worship on Thanagar. I think that covers it.
So I was invited to attend Kimvention 2012 - the new convention dedicated to the KIM POSSIBLE television series: http://kimvention2012.com/
I would have loved to attend, but unfortunately, I had already committed to Denver Comic Con the same weekend: http://www.denvercomiccon.com/
I'm really looking forward to Denver, but I do wish I were able to attend both.
Kimvention should be a lot of fun. And Kim Possible was a great series. So if you're anywhere near Anaheim this June, I'd recommend it.
And if you're anywhere near Denver, come see me at Denver Comic Con.
Sorry, sorry, a correction to question number 6. I was asking about the point in "Revelation" where Atomic Skull blasts Kid Flash, not the Flash. Thanks!
Oh. Uh. I'd need to look at it again, I guess.
Hi! It's me again, and wow, we've had some great episodes since "Terrors." "Home Front" and "Alpha-Male" really served to underline one thing I think is really great about this show: the bad guys aren't go to show the heroes mercy, just because they're teenagers. If these people can stomach killing civilians, they will definitely use lethal force to get rid of a few meddling kids.
...and then there was "Revelation," which blew my already high expectations for this show right out of the water.
It's not just that I think this show is nine kinds of amazing; the thought that keeps crossing my mind is, "This is the definitive animated version of the DC universe." This coming from someone who loved Batman: the Animated Series, and watched Teen Titans, The Batman, and the vast majority of DCAU material. Maybe it's because I'm not as young anymore, and I need a more mature, more plausible, more "complete" world; but while that's certainly a weighty factor in why I like Earth-16, I really think the level of writing and design seen on this show just hasn't been surpassed by any animated DC material that I've seen yet.
Anyway, sorry about that rant of praise. I'm sure you get a lot of it. I do have a few questions:
1. I looked through the archives, and there have been a lot of questions about Robin's - or, more specifically, Dick Grayson's age and grade level. I get that he's thirteen, and a freshman; he's definitely smart enough to have skipped a grade somewhere down the line. My question is this: if he is a freshman, and therefore new to Gotham Academy, why does its gym have his math prizes before he starts going there?
2. Belle Reve seems to hold many criminals who do not actually have any super-powers. Why are they held there, and what do their collars actually do, besides shock them? (I'm thinking more particularly of Riddler - though I know there's a question about him pending - Abracadabra, Ojo, and, with the exclusion of Killer Frost and Icicle Jr., the ice villains).
3. How do the power inhibitor collars have any effect on Mammoth and Blockbuster? Not only is their strength in their muscles (and therefore not a "supernatural" effect that can be canceled unless the collars generate some kind of gravity field - and then they wouldn't be able to move), but the Brain's collars don't seem to do anything to his enhanced animals.
4. How old is Wotan, and *what* is he?
5. How old is Black Adam, and why are his ears pointed?
6. When Atomic Skull blasts the flash, why does he not sustain severe radiation burns?
7. I really, really liked the way you re-introduced the Helmet of Fate. The entrance on that amazing low drone singing. The ethereal, solemn sense of power that created really served to demonstrate that Fate isn't just some hero - he's the physical manifestation of a cosmic entity. Anyway, my question: did you get a singer to vocalize that, or was it done digitally somehow?
8. Speaking of - I'm curious about the music in animated TV shows. Do you record real musicians playing the tracks (orchestras, rock bands, etc.), or is it all done digitally? And if it is all digital nowadays, might you know when the switch was made?
Thank you so much. Looking forward to more great episodes!
I'll always take rants of praise. Never get enough. Yes, I'm just that shallow.
1. ASKED AND ANSWERED. (It's a six year school. 7th-12th grades.)
2. Riddler's collar does nothing but potentially shock him and keep him in line. But any "super-villain" who could easily escape a standard prison can be housed at Belle Reve, whether they have innate super-powers or not.
3. Brain's collars weren't designed to inhibit, just to maintain discipline (which is another function), so that's an apples and oranges argument. As for Mammoth and Blockbuster, the collars inhibit their muscles. Not 100%, but clearly enough.
5. I've never understood why his ears are pointed. But they are. Black Adam is also old.
6. When did he blast the Flash?
7. I'm pretty sure it's digital.
8. Well, every series is different. Most - but not all - of the YJ music is synth. But of course, "real musicians" did record the synth . But for example, on Spectacular Spider-Man, guitar was such an important element of our score, that although most of the music was synth, the guitar work was always the genuine article.
I love the show. It's a fanboy's dream. Is the guy who saved the 'copter in "Revelations" Icon. Will we see Deathstroke? Also, more Capeain Marvel please.
Icon - Yes.
Deathstroke - NO COMMENT.
Captain Marvel - More coming.
hi i love love love this show and have been wondering who is in The Light? there are rumors that its Vandal Savage, Ra's al Ghul, Lex Luthor, Queen Bee, Ocean Master, The Brain, and Klarion. is this true?
I don't know why I just thought about the show but I did, think you have any sway on making the rest on DVD? Seriously, one of the best cartoons I have watched (BTW I am 27 years old). I'm sad to see that only part of season 2 is on DVD.
No new news that I know of. And, no, I seem to have no sway, I'm afraid.
In Young Justice, is there an approximated height for each member of the team?
Just 1 YJ question. While trying to break out of prison, how did Mr. Freeze use his powers if the collar was supposed to nullify them?
The collar only nullifies innate powers. Not powers granted by added technology. Mr. Freeze's powers are not innate. (Only his weaknesses are.) The smuggled technology allowed him to freeze stuff.
Is it possible that Bronox will have offspring via Boudicca? I figure if Broadway and Angela will become parents, then why not the two gargoyle beasts? Is there the slightest possibility?
i lovre young jusice and was wondering:
1.what does "wayne tech over ride RG4" mean?
2. does anyone else have or had a wayne tech over ride? if so who?
1. It's a security code.
2. Of course. Bruce, for starters. Alfred, probably. Maybe Lucius Fox.
i am in love with this show i even had a young justice cake for my birthday and a home'made robin cosplay(batman and robin are may favorite heroes), anyway i have some questions and would love it if you would respond
1.who knows robin's past?
2.who knows artimis' past?
3.are any of the other batkids in this virsion or is Dick the only bird in batman's nest?
4.why does robin destroy the english langage
5.will anyone else join the team?
6. at what age did robin lose his parents?start being robin?
i understand if most of my questions are spoilers but answer what you can please
1. Depends what you mean. Batman, Robin & Alfred, of course. Kid Flash knows quite a bit.
2. Again, it depends what you mean. Artemis, Cheshire, their father and Paul, of course. Batman, Green Arrow and Black Canary know quite a bit. Robin's figured a lot of it out.
3. If I understand your question correctly, then, yes. Dick is the only Robin.
4. He doesn't. He plays with it. It fascinates him.
5. NO COMMENT.
6. ASKED AND ANSWERED. (Age 9.)
Dick is thirteen in the show yet in "Homefront" Bette called him a freshmen. Aren't freshmen 14/15 years old?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Hey. Big Young Justice fan. Can't wait to see Zatanna and Humanity. Just have a few questions here, so...yeah.
1.How old is Zatanna?
2.Who will voice Zatanna?
3.What are all of her powers?
4.Is she related to Zatara in this series? Or are you just coming up with something different for her?
1. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
3. Watch the episode.
4. She's Zatara's daughter.
Hey I would like to ask a couple questions about Young Justice, assuming any of them won't be a spoiler.
1. How long has the Light been operating together?
2. How old is Queen Bee?
3. How old is Ocean Master?
4. How old is The Brain?
5. How old is Klarion?
6. Did the Injustice League know they were being used?
1. NO COMMENT.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED. (She's 28.)
3. He's 26.
4. He's 56.
5. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
6. NO COMMENT.
Love the show and the character's (aqualad fangirl here !)alot keep up the good work !
1. In Atlantis did they believe that blonde hair was a curse ? If so was aquaman left on mercy reef ?
2. How old is zatanna ?
3. Does Artemis work with green arrow at all or is it just her cover ?
4. It was said the Wolf is a character from DC comics, what book ?
1a. NO COMMENT.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED. (She's 14.)
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4. He's a combo character. His most immediate predecessors include Krypto and the Wolf from Enemy Ace.
All right, before I ask my question, I just want to say that Young Justice is one of the most well-written and well-animated shows I've seen in a very long time, and I adore the fact that it is able to take itself seriously and that it develops such compelling characters without heaps of backstory (though, granted, I have yet to read the companion comics). That praise sounded a lot more eloquent in my head. Oh, well.
Anyway, I just wanted to ask something about the episode titles. I've noticed that the majority of the titles are only one word, except for "Independence Day," "Welcome to Happy Harbor," and the last two planned for season one, "Usual Suspects" and "Auld Acquaintance." (I count Alpha-Male and Drop-Zone as one word titles because they have hyphens.)
I just wanted to ask, are the episodes with two words in the title going to be especially important ones, like Independence Day (the pilot) and Welcome to Happy Harbor (the, uh, "second pilot," in which the team itself works together for the first time). I may just be stumbling around in the dark here, and I know it's an odd question, but I was just curious.
Thanks again so, so much for creating such an amazing show! I go running out of class every Friday to catch it, haha.
It doesn't work that way. My tendency has always been for one word titles (or two words if you count the word "The"). But I'll take a better title over a short one any day, and the multiword titles you named just seemed like the best choice for their specific episodes. (FYI, Drop-Zone is hyphenated, but Alpha Male is two words.)
First of all: Man this show is awesome. Good work!
2nd: I just noticed something in episode 13: Why does M'Gann say that SuperBoy needs to stop acting like a character from a 70's sitcom when she does the same thing?
Takes one to know one?
Greetings Mr. Weisman, I've been deeply enjoying your Young Justice Series, one of my fave shows on TV at the moment (love what ya did with alot of the characters and story elements, Kobra venom is SCARY STUFF). I'd like to ask you...
1) Do Starfire, Redhood AKA Jason Todd, Beastboy, Cyborg, Deathstroke, and Blackfire all exist in Earth/Universe 16?
2) How did you decide which villains to use for the Injustice League & the Inner Circle of the Light? I must confess I was more impressed by the Injustice League's roster, which seemed rather well balanced in terms of skill sets, than the Light's roster, which pretty much consists of schemers, mad scientists, and greedy dictators/rich guys. I was kinda hoping the Light's council would consist of the arch villains of each of the Justice League's founding members, ya know, like Joker for Batman (poor Mr. J got screwed over lol), Lex for Superman (happy to see him again >8D), Cheetah for Wonderwoman, Sinestro for Green Lantern, etc, etc. I mean, I get Lex & Ghul, but the rest of the Light's lineup seems to consist of lesser villains most people outside the DC comic fanbase wouldn't recognize, or who wouldn't be construed as top tier villains who'd make even the heroes nervous to see working in concert (especially the Brain XD). So yeah, what made you decide to delegate which villains to the "fall guys" team & the others to the "masterminds" team?
Thanks for your time and keep up the awesome work on the show, you rule :D
1. NO COMMENT.
2. Lots of considerations went into the formation of both groups.
We came up with the Light first, from a list of easily 100+ DC villains. Most of the choices were fairly obvious to us, but we did try to create balance. But it was not about powers with them. You're notion of a major villain from each founding Leaguer's rogue's gallery had absolutely NOTHING to do with our process at all. So the fact that you fell in love with that notion and were disappointed when it didn't turn out to be true is something I just can't control - or even concern myself with. But I wouldn't characterize any of them as "lesser villains".
For the Injustice League, we went back to the same list and grabbed a nice range of heavy-hitters with a nice range of powers, particularly abilities that fit with their scheme and would create believable proxies to fool the League into ignoring the Light. Totally different mindset in building this second set of villains.
You probably did not participate in this episode of Batman Brave and the Bold, but who is the Pencil Guy at the club when Joker comes and meets the Weeper?
I don't have a clue what you're talking about.
In Welcome to Happy Harbor, at the end, we see T.0. Morrow. Did he create Red Tornado, Torpedo, or Inferno?
Speaking of T.0. Morrow,
Is he in any way relating to Cadmus?
And speaking of Cadmus,
Is Amanda Waller and Hugo Strange still part of Cadmus? And how does Strange become the new warden at Belle Reve?
1. Yes, all three, plus Red Volcano.
3. What do you mean "still"? On OUR show what gives you the idea they were EVER involved with Cadmus? (They weren't.)
4. You saw how Strange became warden. What do you want me to add?
Just a general hint to our viewers: I think you'll all be happier, if you stop bringing expectations to the series based on outside sources, especially other previous cartoon series' exclusive continuity - and especially, especially when that continuity diverged from the source material. Since we haven't even seen most of those episodes, any common ground comes from common sources, great (or not-so-great) minds thinking alike and/or pure coincidence.
Dear Greg, I have a couple of questions about Owen and Alexander that have been bother me for years.
1. Who is Alexander's godfather?
2. I know that in the event of Alexander's accidental death Puck becomes stuck as Owen for the rest of his life. But what happens to Puck if Alexander dies of natural causes, old age included (assuming he's mortal of course)?
1. What makes you think he has one?
2. I don't deal much in hypotheticals.
I got a few questions about Captain Marvel:
1. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but: Does any member of the League *cough*Batman*cough* knows Billy's real age?
2. Is Mr. Tawny coming back? And if he does will he wear a plaid shirt?
1. NO COMMENT.
2. NO COMMENT.
At the end of Revelation, we see The Light. Could you list the people from left to right from the Light. Is the guy next to the Queen of Bialya Owlman?
I don't have the image in front of me, but I'll list the people and hopefully you can match the face to the name.
Ra's al Ghul
Please excuse me if I am wrong..my comic book knowledge is limited. Is the superhero who saves that helicopter in Revelation Mr. Terrific? Who is he?
1) Did Black Manta leave Kaldur to Aquaman, who promised he would take care of him, when he was a baby?
2) Did Lawrence sent Artemis to James Craddock (also known as the Gentleman Ghost in comics) so that he can torture her to shoot a target with her arrow, and if she dosen't, then he shot Paula's legs putting her in a wheel chair? Was Belle Reve that place Paula spent 6 yrs in? Just asking if you could borrow the scene from X-Men: First Class
3) How old is Klarion?
4) Is Vandal Savage 50,000 years old?
5) So in "Infiltrator", Ra's al Ghul congratulated Sensei that he and the Light have a spy under the team, which was mentioned by Sportsmaster in "Targets" saying that he had "very" inside source, so is it possible that Red Tornado is the mole?
6) Wonder Girl's going to appear till episode 19, right?, as a team member?
7) Would we see Artemis with a little flirtation with Icicle, Jr. in "Coldhearted" possibly?
8) How old is Icicle, Sr.?
2a. Maybe. Probably. Haven't thought about it.
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4. Plus a few years, yes.
5. NO COMMENT.
6. NO COMMENT.
7. NO COMMENT.
8. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Greg, YJ is the coolest show on tv this days, thanks so much for it ;)
I wanna ask about Icicle Jr.
1. Is hi able to touch people without freezing them when hi is iced up?
2. The collars in Belle Rive, placate his powers and he looked like a normal guy, his skin was normal. But when the collars were stoped his skin looked blue, jagged and pointed again. Can he turn normal skined without usin the collar? or he is jagged and pointed skined full time?
3. Does he and Artemis know in the serie?
4. Whats the deal between he and Dr. Ojo?
Thanks for your time!! Awesome Show :D
1. Well, he's cold. I guess it depends how long he's touching them. He's not an ice-Midas, if that's what you're asking.
2. He can be normal.
3. See issue #13 of the YJ comic.
4. Some bad blood.
What prison(s) were the Injustice League sent to? I think it's pretty safe to say that Joker was sent to Arkham, but other than him I'm not sure.
YJ Questions on Zatara:
1. What nationally is Zatara?
2. In Revelation, how come he wasn't wearing his top hat? Did he had to get the hat washed?
1. He was born in Italy, but is a naturalized American citizen.
2. Maybe he wasn't in the mood.
1.Can you give us a description of the Young Justice episodes that are in the can?
I could, sure. I won't though.
Is vandal savage cain from the bible, how was earth 16 ww2 different from ours, were bruce waynes parents involved with the jsa, and was alan scott a member of the green lantern corps?
1. I guess it depends on how you interpret things.
2. Mostly it wasn't, but...
3. Not to my knowledge.
4. No. He found his ring, which was damaged and malfunctioning. Still a powerful weapon and force for good that turned him into Green Lantern, but it never hooked him up with the Corps.
Hey in regards to Young Justice i was just wondering if the public knew about Superboy? cheers.